Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

This post is from a Sevier County viewer . . .

Re: Sevier County Football 2010

by schs2011 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm

the scrimmage only went 40 plays before it got rained out. science hill showed up about an hour late and we went in a ten play sequences. science hill has a big line and some athletes, but some mistakes hurt them. Sevier county got beat on a passing route once because of a linebacker mistake, with work though they'll get better. there is only one LB returning with serious playing time. Sevier county moved the ball quite well but stalled out later on in the 10 play sequences. Not much can be said because it got rained out so early. Sorry

This post is from a Sevier County viewer . . .

Re: Sevier County Football 2010

by schs2011 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm

the scrimmage only went 40 plays before it got rained out. science hill showed up about an hour late and we went in a ten play sequences. science hill has a big line and some athletes, but some mistakes hurt them. Sevier county got beat on a passing route once because of a linebacker mistake, with work though they'll get better. there is only one LB returning with serious playing time. Sevier county moved the ball quite well but stalled out later on in the 10 play sequences. Not much can be said because it got rained out so early. Sorry

well that basically tells us nothing. A little disappointment but what can you do about the weather? Showing up an hour late tho...someone needs a GPS in JC. But I would say this is all around pretty good for SH, now no one has a clue if they are good or bad :roll:

FB, It's my understanding that Connell will only be the QB in Tebow situations. And that the other long baller with be the main gunslinger. That Connell will play DE mainly. It's been said that when Connell enters on offense that he will be keeping the ball.

Science Hill went to Sevier county yesterday. Sure would like to hear something. Can't find anything at all on where DB went. I thought that was today but can't confirm it. I would think between baseball and track though that both would only have skeleton crews. And it looks like Bristol dropped off the edge of the world.

FB, It's my understanding that Connell will only be the QB in Tebow situations. And that the other long baller with be the main gunslinger. That Connell will play DE mainly. It's been said that when Connell enters on offense that he will be keeping the ball.

Science Hill went to Sevier county yesterday. Sure would like to hear something. Can't find anything at all on where DB went. I thought that was today but can't confirm it. I would think between baseball and track though that both would only have skeleton crews. And it looks like Bristol dropped off the edge of the world.

I think last year Connell was the one who would keep it and run kids over, Reppart would take it to the outside for big gains. Don't know anything about how this year pans out and how big they are, but I think either is capable of running the ball.

Hey Comp . . . Have you seen the Science Hill schedule? Science Hill has South as their homecoming game . . . LOL . . . Wasn't that the situation at South last year with SH being South's homecoming game!? WOW what a difference a year will make? Question is . . . Will the score still be in the favor of South? I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I find it amusing that Carter would want to schedule South as a homecoming game . . . ? Maybe it won't be as amusing the day after homecoming. :roll:

Bristol had no spring scrimmage as their QBs were all in baseball. I thought D-B was to scrimmage Halls again this year. Seabolt and Cook in baseball, Foreman in track. Maybe they went without due to QB shortage as well?

Hey Comp . . . Have you seen the Science Hill schedule? Science Hill has South as their homecoming game . . . LOL . . . Wasn't that the situation at South last year with SH being South's homecoming game!? WOW what a difference a year will make? Question is . . . Will the score still be in the favor of South? I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I find it amusing that Carter would want to schedule South as a homecoming game . . . ? Maybe it won't be as amusing the day after homecoming. :ph34r:

Well, since you took our coach, by default that makes us the underdog. Irregardless what the past record shows. Haynie must build his own tempest. Stacy does like to create drama. Maybe he feels that under the lights it helps to foster motivation; drama notwithstanding. Because by and large he is not seen as a dramatic coach. It is evident he is recruiting support from the 4 winds of Johnson City and will leave no opportunity undiscovered. JC parents jury must still be out on their view of him. And after what they have been through I can understand. However, Stacy did not leave behind munchkins. South will be a contender. But South's soft spot will be Stacy's jugular...the secondary. Everything else is solid...including our placekicker. For the spring Haynie opted to keep the same tires and wheels but I feel he will add horsepower come summer. I see a second offense being instituted under center. For now they are staying with the spread and should what with the potential air force they have. But Haynie will not trod haplessly into singlemindedness. It's a long time until October 15th. It should be a very interesting season.

:ph34r:

Last year Tennessee High didn't have a spring scrimmage so that's probably the case again this year.

I am very disapointed in the little talk Tennessee High Vikings have recieved this off-season

First off, congrats to you guys for winning the Big 8 Championship, with a perfect 10-0 record.

To all you 24 seniors, may the lord be with you wherever you go in life.

Tennessee High has lost alot of talent.

Any predictions for THS this year?

#12 Austin Snyder

#17 Brandon Rutherford

#6 Seth Hall

#61 Cody Carter

#63 Mack Crowder

#85 Brendon Downs

#24 Carlos Howard

#14 Austin Wilson

#51 Justin Fahn

#34 Jake Jones

#2 Josh Fish

#50 DJ Kelly

Does anyone think that these Seniors can make ANY noise again in Bristol this year.

All these seniors are looking for revenge on the TrailBlazers from Boone. They all have the HEART. Yes, Boone is talented with Seniors also, but i do Believe that Tennessee High can pull it off and beat Boone again this year.

I know it's only spring practice, but PREDCITIONS?

I believe THS will be good this year, but their record probably won't be indicative of it, possibly a 7-3 or 6-4 season unless they upset a team or two. The kicking game will strong again this year with Rutherford returning. Carlos Howard will make plays whether they put him in the backfield or as a receiver. I believe it would be in the Vikings' best interest to have Howard as a receiver and place Gammon in the backfield. At least that way other teams will have to worry about the pass.

DB and Boone should be up this year. Greeneville may be just as good as they were last year. Don't know about South or Science Hill, but I imagine they will be tough to deal with as always. Virginia High will have several players returning from a 6-4 season. We'll see if Thurman can develop what's there. East lost a lot players from a terrible team. They have Colobro as their coach, but I just don't see them being very good this year. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if they play the Vikings close in Week 1.

Compusatman, connell has gotten better each year about throwing the ball with touch. I can remember when he would try to throw it through his target. I still think Reppart may be a better passer. So maybe coach J uses this to his advantage in big games.putting connell in a rushing situaition and then throw it.Like maybe a Tebow jump pass. ha ha.

Reppart has grown to be about 6'4 and pretty sure Connell has packed on a few pounds to about 230.

I am very disapointed in the little talk Tennessee High Vikings have recieved this off-season

First off, congrats to you guys for winning the Big 8 Championship, with a perfect 10-0 record.

#12 Austin Snyder

#17 Brandon Rutherford

#6 Seth Hall

#61 Cody Carter

#63 Mack Crowder

#85 Brendon Downs

#24 Carlos Howard

#14 Austin Wilson

#51 Justin Fahn

#34 Jake Jones

#2 Josh Fish

#50 DJ Kelly

Does anyone think that these Seniors can make ANY noise again in Bristol this year.

All these seniors are looking for revenge on the TrailBlazers from Boone. They all have the HEART. Yes, Boone is talented with Seniors also, but i do Believe that Tennessee High can pull it off and beat Boone again this year.

I believe THS will be good this year, but their record probably won't be indicative of it, possibly a 7-3 or 6-4 season unless they upset a team or two. The kicking game will strong again this year with Rutherford returning. Carlos Howard will make plays whether they put him in the backfield or as a receiver. I believe it would be in the Vikings' best interest to have Howard as a receiver and place Gammon in the backfield. At least that way other teams will have to worry about the pass.

DB and Boone should be up this year. Greeneville may be just as good as they were last year. Don't know about South or Science Hill, but I imagine they will be tough to deal with as always. Virginia High will have several players returning from a 6-4 season. We'll see if Thurman can develop what's there. East lost a lot players from a terrible team. They have Colobro as their coach, but I just don't see them being very good this year. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if they play the Vikings close in Week 1.

Yes, Tennessee High can be very good this season. AS far as I know, they have 3 returning lineman, and I have heard rumors of Center Mack Crowder going to RG, and Sophmore Jake McCrkaken at Center. Orlando Gammon cracked his collarbone, so he is out at least 6 weeks, so he should be back by 2adays.

Baseball is over, so QB Austin Snyder is back! I think Orlando Gammon, Austin Rowell, Michael Fersner could be a great backfield. and Carlos Howard at WR.

Kicker Brandon Rutherford will again break records this year in the kicking game.

THS lost almost everybody on Defense, including 1 LB(quit) 4 D-LINE, and all of the Backfield.

Even though they lost talet, look for THS to have plenty of speed with Gammon, Fersner, and Howard. Anyone remember the 2001 team??? NO TALENT or SPEED!!!!!!!! well, no ofense to the '10 team, but i think this team will be okay! GO VIKES

#12 Austin Snyder

#17 Brandon Rutherford

#6 Seth Hall

#61 Cody Carter

#63 Mack Crowder

#85 Brendon Downs

#24 Carlos Howard

#14 Austin Wilson

#51 Justin Fahn

#34 Jake Jones

#2 Josh Fish

#50 DJ Kelly

Yes, Tennessee High can be very good this season. AS far as I know, they have 3 returning lineman, and I have heard rumors of Center Mack Crowder going to RG, and Sophmore Jake McCrkaken at Center. Orlando Gammon cracked his collarbone, so he is out at least 6 weeks, so he should be back by 2adays.

Baseball is over, so QB Austin Snyder is back! I think Orlando Gammon, Austin Rowell, Michael Fersner could be a great backfield. and Carlos Howard at WR.

Kicker Brandon Rutherford will again break records this year in the kicking game.

THS lost almost everybody on Defense, including 1 LB(quit) 4 D-LINE, and all of the Backfield.

Even though they lost talet, look for THS to have plenty of speed with Gammon, Fersner, and Howard. Anyone remember the 2001 team??? NO TALENT or SPEED!!!!!!!! well, no ofense to the '10 team, but i think this team will be okay! GO VIKES

Do you know if Jordan Bryant is returning?