Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Yeah Jack, I gotta get warmed up. That winter about got me. Now you know I give the Injuns credit when credit is due. But I have to proclaim my Rebels because even if they won state and beat the Indians you would still whiz on it. Fact is I believe DB will have one of it's better teams for 2010. But hey, you better not discount those Rebels or we might fool you. I must say though that you did play one game last year...and that was at Death Valley. The rest of your season slurpped though. Seems we bring out your best. You may have beat us for the past 200 years but we still claim the best Quarterbacks and Running Back although I will say that Ferguson was pretty good.

Yeah Jack, I gotta get warmed up. That winter about got me. Now you know I give the Injuns credit when credit is due. But I have to proclaim my Rebels because even if they won state and beat the Indians you would still whiz on it. Fact is I believe DB will have one of it's better teams for 2010. But hey, you better not discount those Rebels or we might fool you. I must say though that you did play one game last year...and that was at Death Valley. The rest of your season slurpped though. Seems we bring out your best. You may have beat us for the past 200 years but we still claim the best Quarterbacks and Running Back although I will say that Ferguson was pretty good.

Comp, I will give advice to the Blazers fans that I will give to the South fans....Boone get South out of your head and just play ball, South get DB out of your head and play ball. You build this game up and up and with usual outcomes of it...then disappointment hits. 2009 was a great year for South because of your play-off run, but it seems like we keep hearing about the DB record time and again. DB looks at South how Boone looks at Crockett...a team they want to stomp in the ground year after year because they enjoy it. DB enjoys the game, South is all nervous. I'll say right now if the South team Boone played in the play-offs would have played DB, they would have beat them....but....it's all in the head.

I can understand your pick at runningback but I of course disagree with both pics. And formerblazier that was the same team im pretty sure. They just got steemrolled.

I'm sorry FB. South has DB in their heads and it is permanent. We just can't play against them. There I said it. I won't even mention '07 & '08. It's irrelevant. And '09 was the makings of a great team. Yes we had issues, but if you didn't see DB play us then you didn't see DB play all year. In other words they played a great game. But we can't just give it up...and we won't. Just wouldn't be right. So until we figure out the recipe I guess we have to take Jack's smack. But Jack, be honest...your last great RB was Adonis...correct. And Chris was compared to Adonis, yes? Adonis was in the 90's...yes. And no one since then correct? Except for Chris. And Chris' peak year is still yet to happen. So he stands to make history this year. And more power to him. And from what I saw Swafford is as good if not better. So you have much to look forward to this season. You didn't see #15 play. Because if you did you would have compared him to Adonis as well. Now I have seen Adonis and everything since. And I saw Ferguson. And I saw Lamon. Some athletes those were. But you can't ignore what you were never a witness to. Yeah, maybe I'm partial. But ask those athletes in those years from Morristown on back and you will get a confirmation that he was in fact the best they had seen. So spring practice begins in a week? Better get the spycam dusted off.

I can understand your pick at runningback but I of course disagree with both pics. And formerblazier that was the same team im pretty sure. They just got steemrolled.

I'll give you the steamrolled argument, but I would have liked to see St. Claire in that game to see what happened...still it is hard for one player to make up three touchdowns.

Best player in the region, and I'll still argue this all day and night, was that kid from Morristown East, you put him on South, Boone, or DB, and you have at least 3 more wins. You put him on TN High's team last year, you have a state championship. He was seriously that good. I have NEVER seen one player just tear open a game like that...and the only thing that kept it from happening all game was that he was playing every single snap.

I'll give you the steamrolled argument, but I would have liked to see St. Claire in that game to see what happened...still it is hard for one player to make up three touchdowns.

Best player in the region, and I'll still argue this all day and night, was that kid from Morristown East, you put him on South, Boone, or DB, and you have at least 3 more wins. You put him on TN High's team last year, you have a state championship. He was seriously that good. I have NEVER seen one player just tear open a game like that...and the only thing that kept it from happening all game was that he was playing every single snap.

This is never ending. If's, And's & But's. South couldn't complete a pass with their "best quarterback ever". Why do you think St. Clair would be any different? The player from East may have been good but if you watched the State playoff games you would know that we couldn't of put together a upper east tn. "all star team" and beat any of the teams that ented up winning the state. Sad but true.

This is never ending. If's, And's & But's. South couldn't complete a pass with their "best quarterback ever". Why do you think St. Clair would be any different? The player from East may have been good but if you watched the State playoff games you would know that we couldn't of put together a upper east tn. "all star team" and beat any of the teams that ented up winning the state. Sad but true.

What...seriously? That's a little overboard you could put together those elite 22 on offense and defense and you would have totally different teams. Again not making an excuse just a "what if this happened" Waco. You could totally take a group of the best from every school up here and we would roll over almost any team in the state. Now you think in 6A terms how us little 5A schools have the benefit of the doubt that we don't have to mess with Maryville anymore...I do think that South probably played a better 3rd round game than the 4th round. Surprised me they didn't win it and it also surprised me that Greeneville didn't bring home the state championship either.

As for SH and DB in the 6A...I can't even imagine what needs to be done for you two to bring home a state title now. I will be the first to say the competition from those teams are just unreal.

What...seriously? That's a little overboard you could put together those elite 22 on offense and defense and you would have totally different teams. Again not making an excuse just a "what if this happened" Waco. You could totally take a group of the best from every school up here and we would roll over almost any team in the state. Now you think in 6A terms how us little 5A schools have the benefit of the doubt that we don't have to mess with Maryville anymore...I do think that South probably played a better 3rd round game than the 4th round. Surprised me they didn't win it and it also surprised me that Greeneville didn't bring home the state championship either.

As for SH and DB in the 6A...I can't even imagine what needs to be done for you two to bring home a state title now. I will be the first to say the competition from those teams are just unreal.

Seriously. But maybe a little overboard as you say. Who would coach this elite 22. Because there is where the problem is. The coaching in upper east tn. compaired to other parts of the state is terrible. Your playoff game with Tennessee High last year is a good example. Dobyns-Bennett losing in the first round every year is another. The Maryville excuse that everybody up here in 5A used don't hold water either. How many times has a team east of Morristown ever played Maryville in the playoffs. I bet I could count them on one hand without using my thumb.

Seriously. But maybe a little overboard as you say. Who would coach this elite 22. Because there is where the problem is. The coaching in upper east tn. compaired to other parts of the state is terrible. Your playoff game with Tennessee High last year is a good example. Dobyns-Bennett losing in the first round every year is another. The Maryville excuse that everybody up here in 5A used don't hold water either. How many times has a team east of Morristown ever played Maryville in the playoffs. I bet I could count them on one hand without using my thumb.

I guess it all comes down to coaching as you say. We have to look at the areas where the money is. Maryville, Oak Ridge, and DB rank at the top of salary scales for teachers. I'd say the draw to come to those schools is huge as well. So then you break it down by coaching, Maryville gets the job done hands down, Oak Ridge and DB, on paper, really have done as well as any of the other local teams in this area play off wise. So you bring up a good argument...what do teams up here need to be doing in order to make successful programs? I'm sure we all agree that hiring outside the area based on Scott Smith isn't a good argument, but Greeneville's head coach had some good success for only being here two years. He goes up to Asheville...and sucks.

So what needs to be done? Some areas should be great, but it seems we worry about beating up on each other so much that we are used to playing each other but not making great 4 5 6 person teams to win state titles.

Comp, In NET do you really think Taylor Fletcher was a better runningback than Soloman Duannah.

I'll answer this with as much respect to Soloman as possible. You will find the answer to that question by asking Isac Kinley and especially Jeff Green and the previous LB coach at Science Hill. Solomon did have potential...but most of Science Hill's potential skill was quelled by a coaching staff that was rather lax in the conditioning department. That is a fact that is well documented.

FB, I think Track & Field is a good example of what Jack is saying. Look at the numbers for the key skill player events. 100, 200, 400, and especially hurdlles. Heck, look at the whole sports numbers. The speed is not here and if it is it is at DB and Science Hill. With random exceptions. Our local football coaches are wonderful or so we think but they regularly lose their head in playoff games. But then again you have Maryville who does not excel in the speed events. They win purely because of superior football coaching. Period. But at DB there have been times of total speed domination or at least top shelf competition. That would have been in the 70's with the likes of Darwin Bond, Andre' Releford, Scat Springs, Hal Miller, Jim Alishe' and quite a few more. Not all of them played football but many did. No, South does not excel on the track but fairs well on the football field. So there are exceptions. But overall I think the track is a tell-all.