Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Comp, In NET do you really think Taylor Fletcher was a better runningback than Soloman Duannah.

I'll answer this with as much respect to Soloman as possible. You will find the answer to that question by asking Isac Kinley and especially Jeff Green and the previous LB coach at Science Hill. Solomon did have potential...but most of Science Hill's potential skill was quelled by a coaching staff that was rather lax in the conditioning department. That is a fact that is well documented.

I'll agree with that statement. Duannah is a physically gifted young man. Coaching could have served him better.

As to what kind of team it will take for DB or SH to win a state ? It will take a very big and strong line with speed all over the field.Could an allstar team from our area get it done in 6A ? Well,I know many of the all north east TN team from the last few years.Seen a few of them play against Maryville and some real good teams.My answer would be that it wouldn't happen more then half the time { IF } there were such a thing.That is the problem,there is no such a thing.However,I think that our local 4A and 5A teams have a chance every year to compete for a championship and hope the tribe will have that kind of team every year..Greeneville has allready changed there name "Should've Tennessee".

As to what kind of team it will take for DB or SH to win a state ? It will take a very big and strong line with speed all over the field.Could an allstar team from our area get it done in 6A ? Well,I know many of the all north east TN team from the last few years.Seen a few of them play against Maryville and some real good teams.My answer would be that it wouldn't happen more then half the time { IF } there were such a thing.That is the problem,there is no such a thing.However,I think that our local 4A and 5A teams have a chance every year to compete for a championship and hope the tribe will have that kind of team every year..Greeneville has allready changed there name "Should've Tennessee".

I'm almost getting to be more and more like Waco on this subject. I see Greeneville possibly making it back to the title game this year, just depends on what's been going on in the offseason. As for around here, the strongest teams pre-season are going to be DB and Boone, with SH and South ready to step up and make some noise if they want. Now...how do those teams pan out in the playoffs? Knox Catholic apparently has a beast every DI college wants, Anderson Cty has most of their team back, Columbia? the team that played South has a lot of their squad back as well. Morristown West was down last year....but if anyone knows that they come back strong knows how things work down there.

DB and SH...I honestly don't know. Sometimes I read a post and can see DB in the 3rd round but they will eventually be seeing Maryville either in the 2nd or 3rd round. After that...mid state teams are just as good as Maryville. The good news is if you can make it past them...you have an excellent shot at winning state but if not...who knows. SH...I think they are a bit young this year but with the team they have coming back in 2011...well on paper they should be good. Speed is a killer and that team should have it, DB should have that this year.

You all realize that we only have to worry about DB being 6A for a few more years…. I bet that once the annexation dust settles, the Citiy of Kingsport will have two 5A schools.

And then you will have a nice debate from citizens wanting both of the schools to have extremely similar athletic facilities...which means the citizens around Sullivan South will have a good argument for wanting some better facilities....and as bad as the field gets down in Death Valley.......hintidy hint hint hint.

Actually FB, we like our field just fine the way it is. No crying on our part. And we rest easy that our visitors have a fine place to sit. We just need some more lighting. A bit dim it is. Yeah, a second level on our field house would be nice. A bigger press box indeed. but we can live without those niceities. And we like our grass. Now a decent gym for basketball. Duh. So if all they want to do is take us into the city and make us pay more money but leave us with our own people...then we are good. No, we don't want to be in the city but if we don't have a choice and we don't then I guess to be left alone would be a nice gesture. I'm sure a few South and East Kingsport residents would be relegated to South instead of DB. which I'm sure will not sit well with either or. The ultimate joke would be for Ridgefields to be directed to South. Ha, the Country Club would be ours. How fitting. My mother worked there for 15 years.

I'm sure it is the common gossip by now but I heard Science Hill is getting a JumboTron. Yeah, I know...I will believe it when I see it also. It seems Spurier is injecting bits of cash into the Island. Hmmm... And my report is that the Minnow is loaded for 2010. DB loaded...the Minnow loaded...should be interesting. Especially when South hands them both something special. In the voice of Dana Carvey...Could it be...SATANNN! Doesn't spring practice start Monday? Oh what drama resides in the NET. I hear the rumblings of the Whitten court as we speak...County born, City robbed but still THE Rebel Nation. :thumb:

You all realize that we only have to worry about DB being 6A for a few more years…. I bet that once the annexation dust settles, the Citiy of Kingsport will have two 5A schools.

And then you will have a nice debate from citizens wanting both of the schools to have extremely similar athletic facilities...which means the citizens around Sullivan South will have a good argument for wanting some better facilities....and as bad as the field gets down in Death Valley.......hintidy hint hint hint.

A little mud is cool, soothing and they claim it's great for wrinkles.

mud_wrestling.jpg

Actually FB, we like our field just fine the way it is. No crying on our part. And we rest easy that our visitors have a fine place to sit. We just need some more lighting. A bit dim it is. Yeah, a second level on our field house would be nice. A bigger press box indeed. but we can live without those niceities. And we like our grass. Now a decent gym for basketball. Duh. So if all they want to do is take us into the city and make us pay more money but leave us with our own people...then we are good. No, we don't want to be in the city but if we don't have a choice and we don't then I guess to be left alone would be a nice gesture. I'm sure a few South and East Kingsport residents would be relegated to South instead of DB. which I'm sure will not sit well with either or. The ultimate joke would be for Ridgefields to be directed to South. Ha, the Country Club would be ours. How fitting. My mother worked there for 15 years.

Your own people? To be honest, when I see someone from Colonial Heights shoping and dining in the city of Kingsport. or working at Eastman or any other business here, I can't tell the difference in you and the city folk. Well until you open your mouth that is. I've always wondered why we City folk have to pay county taxes, yet get very little if anything in the way of services from the county. I really wish they would leave South as a county school because it wouldn't be near the fun beating up on a Kingsport city school every single year. As for as Ridgefields goes, its not anything like it used to be so wipe that smile off your face. And the Country Club is bankrupt. :thumb:

I'm sure it is the common gossip by now but I heard Science Hill is getting a JumboTron. Yeah, I know...I will believe it when I see it also. It seems Spurier is injecting bits of cash into the Island. Hmmm... And my report is that the Minnow is loaded for 2010. DB loaded...the Minnow loaded...should be interesting. Especially when South hands them both something special. In the voice of Dana Carvey...Could it be...SATANNN! Doesn't spring practice start Monday? Oh what drama resides in the NET. I hear the rumblings of the Whitten court as we speak...County born, City robbed but still THE Rebel Nation. :ph34r:

This post is so far out in left field for the first time in my life I don't know what to say. :thumb:

Your own people? To be honest, when I see someone from Colonial Heights shoping and dining in the city of Kingsport. or working at Eastman or any other business here, I can't tell the difference in you and the city folk. Well until you open your mouth that is. I've always wondered why we City folk have to pay county taxes, yet get very little if anything in the way of services from the county. I really wish they would leave South as a county school because it wouldn't be near the fun beating up on a Kingsport city school every single year. As for as Ridgefields goes, its not anything like it used to be so wipe that smile off your face. And the Country Club is bankrupt. :thumb:

Well, now we know you went to City Schools. Nice reading.

Wonder how all your buddies at City Hall would like the poor county bumpkins taking their shopping and dining elsewhere?

And since they put those darn carts in, I guess it's harder and harder to find a bag to tote.