Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Well, maybe I will run for the board. I don't think I could mess things up. I've said this before but The Heights missed their chance in the 70's when incorporation was the big talk. No one wanted incorporation then thinking that it was some demonic process invented by the then "Royalty" of The Heights to get even richer. In reality, it would have made a boom town. It would have made The Heights into the Emerald City...a true "Rebel Nation". Aaahh yes, we would be sitting pretty about now...with I-81 running straight through the middle of our "un-annexable gold mine". I was just out of high school but even then I argued that it might be a good thing. C'est la vie! Now we stand to be raped and pillaged by the city. Kingsport City can't manage their own boundaries much less Colonial Heights. Kingsport City is fully 20 years behind Johnson City. So now that we are destined for destruction we get an Olive Garden. We're in the big time now! Heck, Fort Henry Mall might even get a new store. Oh wait, I forgot...all the money and power is in Kingsport. Well, I guess that explains everything. 1975...push for incorporation...2010...push for castration...and Stacy high tails it to Johnson City....

Just wait a day or so for the next big news. It is straight out of Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals".

Divide, Demonize and capitalize on the resulting crisis.

Hey I just figured out why you Southers go so nutty four months before playing DB. Its Alinsky's book. You've got the Divide & Demonize down pat but you've never figured out the "Capitalize" part. :thumb:

Yet again, you have no clue what I am talking about, therefore you have no clue what you are talking about.

If you can find someone to read the newspaper to you in a couple of days, remember you heard it here first: It's pure setup and manipulation, of the worst kind, for the reasons I outlined above.

GFYYPPS

According to Saul Alinsk's book, the City of Kingsport will take all of Colonial Hts. placing the residents in Concentration Camps at the base of Bays Mountain. The ones that are fit enough will be loaned out to do yard work, painting, and pick up trash etc. after DB football games. The rest will be permitted to just sit around and complain because thats what their used to anyway. :thumb:

I really don't think anything will change except that South will be considered a City school. Their maybe some internal rule changes but nothing that will change the Schools foundation. The acedemics will be stiffer but as a parent, that sound be a plus. It only helps the student and their future. I think it will remain a High school because their is no were else to house the student body. If the ONLY change is that South is labeled a city school, then South will benifit greatly in my opinion.

I really don't think anything will change except that South will be considered a City school. Their maybe some internal rule changes but nothing that will change the Schools foundation. The acedemics will be stiffer but as a parent, that sound be a plus. It only helps the student and their future. I think it will remain a High school because their is no were else to house the student body. If the ONLY change is that South is labeled a city school, then South will benifit greatly in my opinion.

About all I need to know:

Dobyns-Bennett

Average ACT Score - 22.3

# of Suspensions - 257

Sullivan South

Average ACT Score - 22.5

# of Suspensions - 44

Why is it always assumed that South is not up to par with "The Great" DB?

According to Saul Alinsk's book, the City of Kingsport will take all of Colonial Hts. placing the residents in Concentration Camps at the base of Bays Mountain. The ones that are fit enough will be loaned out to do yard work, painting, and pick up trash etc. after DB football games. The rest will be permitted to just sit around and complain because thats what their used to anyway. :flower:

I see someone showed Whacko how to use Google. How nice.

About all I need to know:

Dobyns-Bennett

Average ACT Score - 22.3

# of Suspensions - 257

Sullivan South

Average ACT Score - 22.5

# of Suspensions - 44

Why is it always assumed that South is not up to par with "The Great" DB?

Because we've beat you in football 200 years in a row.

Hmmm, best ACT scores...least suspensions...best 2 Quarterbacks of the decade in Curt Phillips and Bradley Jeffers and the best Running Back of the decade in Taylor Fletcher in NET, most post season wins, most successful team in the post season, most exciting offense to watch, highest point per game offense of the decade...in NET. One of the top linemen in NET of the decade in Hunter Beedle. One of the best Wide Recievers of the decade in NET in Kaleb Kitzmiller. Second most loyal fan base...but we are gaining on you.

It will not be long guys,spring practice and before you know it,another Big Eight Jamboree :thumb:The only good thing about that is the season will be a week later !!

Well let's see how it will go.

SH will play who? Central? So that means Carter will try to run the score up to show he is the man now.

DB's coach will, again, say that it is a waste of time and he would rather have a practice.

South will be mellow this year, unless TN High is still upset on them running the score up 21-0.

Boone and Crockett will be either low key or Crockett getting stomped pretty bad.

Central's QB will look awesome, everyone else will look on in awe.

Volunteer will just be happy to be invited.

Hmmm, best ACT scores...least suspensions...best 2 Quarterbacks of the decade in Curt Phillips and Bradley Jeffers and the best Running Back of the decade in Taylor Fletcher in NET, most post season wins, most successful team in the post season, most exciting offense to watch, highest point per game offense of the decade...in NET. One of the top linemen in NET of the decade in Hunter Beedle. One of the best Wide Recievers of the decade in NET in Kaleb Kitzmiller. Second most loyal fan base...but we are gaining on you.

Yeah and I do not remember any of these players beating Dobyns-Bennett in their high school careers. :flower: