Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Anyone from Tennessee High got a schedule yet ? Ours doesn't have the Tennessee High game listed and we have two dates off. I know one will be that game.With a coworker that has a boy playing for Central this year,I have to do the right thing and step back for him on the schedule ,but I sure hope it's not two home games.

Shouldn't the schedules be the same as last year with the exception to the games' location?

Yes, of course '04, Batman should know that as much as he keeps up with high school football. Maybe he is having one of those senior moments....I have a few now and then. :)

Anyone from Tennessee High got a schedule yet ? Ours doesn't have the Tennessee High game listed and we have two dates off. I know one will be that game.With a coworker that has a boy playing for Central this year,I have to do the right thing and step back for him on the schedule ,but I sure hope it's not two home games.

Shouldn't the schedules be the same as last year with the exception to the games' location?

Yes, of course '04, Batman should know that as much as he keeps up with high school football. Maybe he is having one of those senior moments....I have a few now and then. :)

No...he is in denial. He can't believe, and doesn't want to accept the fact that Mighty DB might have trouble in the lowly Big 8 conference again. We love you Batman...Gotham wouldn't be the same without you! 8-)

Looks like the grass got less green on the other side. Johnson City Press says that JC schools might cut the head football coach salary to 11 months and save 7000 so they can get under budget. Not a great way to start out with your new coach. I believe it was said a month or so ago the head coaching job was what...68,000 at Science Hill? Cut down to 61,000....still making more but 7000 is a good chunk of change.

Looks like the grass got less green on the other side. Johnson City Press says that JC schools might cut the head football coach salary to 11 months and save 7000 so they can get under budget. Not a great way to start out with your new coach. I believe it was said a month or so ago the head coaching job was what...68,000 at Science Hill? Cut down to 61,000....still making more but 7000 is a good chunk of change.

12 X $7,000= $84,000.

Per the Pig Skin Parents site:

http://www.eteamz.com/sullivansouthpigskinparents/

April 26 ----- Practice begins

May 13 ----- Scrimmage @ South vs. Elizabethton

June 27 ---- Start of Dead Weeks (to July 10)

July 26 ----- First practice in pads

August 3 --- Scrimmage @ Powell

August 6 --- Scrimmage @ Elizabethton

August 20 –- Knox West @ Home

That’s all they had.

ps Kingsport is in the same or worse shape concerning school budgets, especially with that empty white elephant in Rock Springs. Look for them to be much less hungry for land for the near future.

That’s all they had.

ps Kingsport is in the same or worse shape concerning school budgets, especially with that empty white elephant in Rock Springs. Look for them to be much less hungry for land for the near future.

Isn't that earlier than usual for practice? I know track runs until the first of May and I believe baseball does too.

12 X $7,000= $84,000.

I thought there was a press release that his salary was almost doubled, He is either getting 72 or 68. Still a lot more than present salary but I think coach's salary work in that he gets his teacher pay and then some amount of money added on. Either way, I can see them giving 15k for a head coach job but not around 30k...could be wrong don't know tho Volman. So can we skip baseball and start football yet :thumb:

That’s all they had.

Isn't that earlier than usual for practice? I know track runs until the first of May and I believe baseball does too.

Will sullivan county be going into june for school because of snow?

That’s all they had.

It was later last year and the baseball/football players filtered in when the season was over. I'm guessing the QB and some others will miss the spring practice and the scrimmage. Don't know anything about track, but guess they could work that in with regular football practice.

Yes, of course '04, Batman should know that as much as he keeps up with high school football. Maybe he is having one of those senior moments....I have a few now and then. :lol:

This morning was the first chance I have been on here in a few days.You guys should be right,but our website has us playing David Crockett after the South game and then the extra week off.We played TH and then Crockett last year if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sure someone will update it before July Batman. Plenty of time for someone to round up a correct schedule.

Congrats to DB on getting to state in basketball. I was hoping that with basketball ending it would send some to the weightroom, but the JC Press has it that 8 of the kids on the Boone bball team will be hitting the diamond this week or next now. Great group of kids, a huge amount of talent and athleticism.

12 X $7,000= $84,000.

I thought there was a press release that his salary was almost doubled, He is either getting 72 or 68. Still a lot more than present salary but I think coach's salary work in that he gets his teacher pay and then some amount of money added on. Either way, I can see them giving 15k for a head coach job but not around 30k...could be wrong don't know tho Volman. So can we skip baseball and start football yet :lol:

Not sure. I was just doing the math. If he's making 7K/month....................