Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Boone needs to add some seats. They will cost themselves some big gate money for the Dobyns-Bennett game.Now that their program has "arrived", they need to expand to capitalize.

Which conference game will attract the largest crowd next year? South@D-B, Science Hill @D-B, or South @ Science Hill?

South at DB, for sure if South has another fine team

Boone needs to add some seats. They will cost themselves some big gate money for the Dobyns-Bennett game.Now that their program has "arrived", they need to expand to capitalize.

Which conference game will attract the largest crowd next year? South@D-B, Science Hill @D-B, or South @ Science Hill?

I think a new stadium is much needed at Boone and Crockett. Those stadiums are old and more seating needs to be added. With Washington Cty being in a little tight situation with money, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Will people show up in droves? You bet ya, people will stand around the track like all the big games so....it'll be a packed house when DB, SH, and TH comes to Gray.

Out of those three, I'm going with SH and DB against each other ONLY if both teams are having a great year. SH won't have a lot of fans there if they are down again. After that, I'll go with South vs DB.

I think a new stadium is much needed at Boone and Crockett. Those stadiums are old and more seating needs to be added. With Washington Cty being in a little tight situation with money, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Will people show up in droves? You bet ya, people will stand around the track like all the big games so....it'll be a packed house when DB, SH, and TH comes to Gray.

Out of those three, I'm going with SH and DB against each other ONLY if both teams are having a great year. SH won't have a lot of fans there if they are down again. After that, I'll go with South vs DB.

I think Crockett is alright with their seating FB, but you guys are on the edge of some big gate rivalries now with D-B,South,Tn.Hi, and Science Hill. There's nothing like beating the big boys to stoke the interest in the games. Your administration could at least look at end zone bleachers to move the respective bands out of the main seating areas. I don't think that would be very expensive and it would free up a lot of seats for the fans. It is the way Elizabethton does it if you've been over there in recent years.

I think Crockett is alright with their seating FB, but you guys are on the edge of some big gate rivalries now with D-B,South,Tn.Hi, and Science Hill. There's nothing like beating the big boys to stoke the interest in the games. Your administration could at least look at end zone bleachers to move the respective bands out of the main seating areas. I don't think that would be very expensive and it would free up a lot of seats for the fans. It is the way Elizabethton does it if you've been over there in recent years.

Well it will always be the away band, since Boone's band is all of 25 people strong. I'm wondering where all of DB will be next year band wise. I assume....not so many will go? Anyway, I think the actual stadiums need rebuilt. I have to admit, I like MoWestEast type of bleacher but nothing beats good old concrete. I don't see any bleachers in the future tho, but I hope I am right.

Would a Motown East/West stadium work for Wash. CO. Boone/Crockett sharing a new stadium? Something needs to be done. DB's band can not fit in the seating at Crockett, most visiting bands cant fit for that matter. Both Wash Co stadiums have served their purpose but they are both approaching 40 yrs old and were not built to accomodate thousands fans. The press box at DC cant hold more than one radio station along with coaches and PA and clock operator. In the midst of all the renovations and upgrades to Wash Co schools, the football stadiums we not in the picture. With no $$$$$$ in the coffers we may have to grin and bear it for a while.

Would a Motown East/West stadium work for Wash. CO. Boone/Crockett sharing a new stadium? Something needs to be done. DB's band can not fit in the seating at Crockett, most visiting bands cant fit for that matter. Both Wash Co stadiums have served their purpose but they are both approaching 40 yrs old and were not built to accomodate thousands fans. The press box at DC cant hold more than one radio station along with coaches and PA and clock operator. In the midst of all the renovations and upgrades to Wash Co schools, the football stadiums we not in the picture. With no $$$$$$ in the coffers we may have to grin and bear it for a while.

I think that idea was thrown around, but there would have to be land found for the stadium, there would have to be parking made for the stadium, and you put it right: we need serious $$$$$$ to make that happen. A lot of the county people are sure looking at what is going on at SH right now with envy I am sure. Also, it probably makes them a little biit more envious knowing JC gets those Washington County tax dollars too so really, they are paying for part of the stadium too.

I think that Boone and Crockett fans would probably prefer to keep the stadiums at the school but with renovations. To be honest I think both of the schools have done a great job with their field condition the past few years, but stands, concession, etc need to be redone. It is just time because as you put it, almost 40 years old. The visitors stands at both of the schools are in great condition, there just needs to be more seating added somehow.

Watterson is probably looking for a call from a track team. Especially after he finishes top 3 in the state this year in the 110 hurdles.

SSReb... Yep. Six on the table, NAIA thru Div 1. A couple of really good ones with offers that are fantastic for track. Has his eyes set on one in particular, who has yet to get solid. He has informed all the football potentials that he has hung up the cleats. :flower: Spikes are still out. :flower:

Watterson is probably looking for a call from a track team. Especially after he finishes top 3 in the state this year in the 110 hurdles.

SSReb... Yep. Six on the table, NAIA thru Div 1. A couple of really good ones with offers that are fantastic for track. Has his eyes set on one in particular, who has yet to get solid. He has informed all the football potentials that he has hung up the cleats. :huh: Spikes are still out. :roflol:

Got to see him run last year and it is a thing to behold. Would be great to see someone from South beat the big city boys and win a title. Maybe Pickwell and Watterson on the podium for South this year? Yeah.

TH also has a top three hurdler (sp?) on the female side. Worth an admittance fee (if there is one) just to see those two run.

Anyone from Tennessee High got a schedule yet ? Ours doesn't have the Tennessee High game listed and we have two dates off. I know one will be that game.With a coworker that has a boy playing for Central this year,I have to do the right thing and step back for him on the schedule ,but I sure hope it's not two home games.

Anyone from Tennessee High got a schedule yet ? Ours doesn't have the Tennessee High game listed and we have two dates off. I know one will be that game.With a coworker that has a boy playing for Central this year,I have to do the right thing and step back for him on the schedule ,but I sure hope it's not two home games.

Shouldn't the schedules be the same as last year with the exception to the games' location?