Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Kingsport D-B : 11-2/7-0 ( 2-1 6A playoffs)

Gray : 11-2/6-1 ( 2-1 5A playoffs)

Johnson City : 5-6/5-2 (0-1 6A playoffs)

Kingsport South: 6-5/4-3 (0-1 5A playoffs)

Bristol: 5-6/3-4 (0-1 5A playoffs)

Blountville: 4-6/2-5

Church Hill : 3-7/1-6

Jonesborough 1-9/0-7

Obviously plenty of time to change my mind. ;)

Does anyone know the schedules yet?

If it is what it was then South plays West at home and @ Greeneville? You have them losing both?

Bound to pick up one of those.

And you have them losing three out of the of the DB, DB, SH, TH games? All these except DB-Gray away this year?

I say they win at least one of those. Preferably SH.

South 8-3 (5-2)

rebelgirl2.jpg

I would love to see them beat Science Hill as well, more than any other because of the coaching change. I'm sure the kids willl be fired up on the South side,but I'm going with the Hill in a close one. I've got the Rebs taking West and Tn. Hi but going down at D-B, Greeneville, Boone and against their former coach. I believe South will struggle early and pick up steam as the season unfolds with younger players coming on.

I would love to see them beat Science Hill as well, more than any other because of the coaching change. I'm sure the kids willl be fired up on the South side,but I'm going with the Hill in a close one. I've got the Rebs taking West and Tn. Hi but going down at D-B, Greeneville, Boone and against their former coach. I believe South will struggle early and pick up steam as the season unfolds with younger players coming on.

To your other post, whoever ends up at the round 3 game (going by what you said) would be playing more than likely Morristown West in the game. I see whoever goes from our league to beat...i'm guessing, Seymour and East playoff wise...the Knoxville teams will be the card, unless they are the ones who get really good this year. West Boone round 3...based on that I would give that to Boone. I see whoever else, as well as Boone possibly, beating Seymour or East. South or TN High could at least be a round 2 team I thinks.

I was told that my old Greene Devils will not be as strong next year.Either way,they blew a state title in 2009.

Call it fate or luck, but they proved to be one of the best teams by making it to the show. I think that game could have easily gone the other way. It wasn't an Alcoa game where they were dominated by the team they played. Yeah, we can say they blew it but when was the last team from Upper East TN at a state title game....Morristown West in early 2000? And still, neither of our teams have gotten past the 4th round as of yet.

I was told that my old Greene Devils will not be as strong next year.Either way,they blew a state title in 2009.

Call it fate or luck, but they proved to be one of the best teams by making it to the show. I think that game could have easily gone the other way. It wasn't an Alcoa game where they were dominated by the team they played. Yeah, we can say they blew it but when was the last team from Upper East TN at a state title game....Morristown West in early 2000? And still, neither of our teams have gotten past the 4th round as of yet.

All I know is that chance may never happen again for any of the local teams,but I hope so.I think we would all love to see our kids play for something like the Devils did.The stars have to line up just right and you have to hope for some good luck to get it done.Shoot,Maryville is "O"for their last two years .

This might be interesting to Big 8 Region I AAA Conference

followers . . . according to the TSSAA (this doesn't include swimming)

Most State (team) Championships for All Sports

Dobyns Bennett 32

Science Hill 20

Tennessee High 6

Sullivan South 4

Sullivan Central 4

Daniel Boone 2

Out of those schools, how many have a state champtionship for football post 1990?

Zero right? Out of that list, I know that DB has those state championships before....help me out is it 75? and TN High has their 2 years of glory or what not. Nothing else on the rest.

FormerBlazer,I went back and forth about our team not having a lot of depth and the schedule last year.Dobyns-Bennett was down,and there is no question.On the other hand,we played one of the toughest schedules in the state and that's a fact.We started with a very good Farragut team and ended with a very great Maryville team.Boone beat one of the best Tennessee High teams of the last couple of decades, and proved it was a top ten 5A team this year.It is just harder to lose a toss up game than one you get beat down in.Clinton had some of the best players in the state when we played them.People have to remember they lost that all state running back-linebacker before the playoffs.This was the best Sevier county team since their state title in 1999.When David Crockett has one of the best teams in it's history to go with it,I guess your just lucky to win a few games.If I could go back and get wins over Boone,Clinton and watch Sevier county fall apart instead of us, in trade for that wonderful victory at number 1 South.Well,our season record would still be 5-5 because I wouldn't trade that game for anything !! Add the fact we beat Science Hill in the last game at Spurrier field to that.Then you know that through all the bad,these guys got the ones you just don't won't to lose nomatter what.I work with a lot of great South and Science Hill fans,and I'm so thankful I can go to work in peace over those two games!!!.My couple of Boone buddies are silent right now,and I know that it is to really rub it in if lightning strikes twice !! If it does,Boone will have earned it as they did this year.I think this was for the DB post,but grave yards will do that

This might be interesting to Big 8 Region I AAA Conference

followers . . . according to the TSSAA (this doesn't include swimming)

Most State (team) Championships for All Sports

Dobyns Bennett 32

Science Hill 20

Tennessee High 6

Sullivan South 4

Sullivan Central 4

Daniel Boone 2

Out of those schools, how many have a state champtionship for football post 1990?

Zero right? Out of that list, I know that DB has those state championships before....help me out is it 75? and TN High has their 2 years of glory or what not. Nothing else on the rest.

I'm on the right thread this time.I don't know about the real small schools,but Tennessee high has the most glory of any northeast Tennesse team in the playoffs and it was 71-72 with a national title in 1972.Morristown East won the state in the late sixties in the highest class as well "3A".Jeff county in the mid eighties may be the and most recent but that's a couple more miles away.So,you are right.No local team has done diddly in nearly forty years,but that Green team should have !!

Boone needs to add some seats. They will cost themselves some big gate money for the Dobyns-Bennett game.Now that their program has "arrived", they need to expand to capitalize.

Which conference game will attract the largest crowd next year? South@D-B, Science Hill @D-B, or South @ Science Hill?