I wasn't going to say anymore, but the great posts here the coming

together to pay tribute to all the young women who sacrifice so

much help their teams, the younger players and are expected to

do so much. Yes the miss basketball should have good character, and

in the big games lead her team. Not just in scoring but floor leadership

as well. You would think a nominee would help her team in earning

at least a trip to the state tourn. Although I would listen to the

facts on someone that her team did not make it. Great posts

it has made me feel good to be on here with you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that these posts have been informative and made some very good points......one that has not been mentioned however which is pertinent to the subject, is that all 3 ladies mentioned as front runners come from schools....Forrest, Jackson County and Clarkrange...who play some of the most talented teams across the state. Forrest has not lost a game this season to a single A opponent, beaten 2 AAA teams and lost only to 4 AA teams who are at the top of their game....#1 Ensworth, #6 CPA (twice) and #12 Cannon County. Jackson County has had an equally impressive year so far with a 1 point loss to #3 AAA Blackman, 2- 2 point wins over #3 AA Upperman and wins over AAA Cookeville and AAA William Blount. Clarkrange has only lost in single A to Forrest, (1st game of the year) and to Jackson County twice....... close games both times. Won a good one over #5 AA Livingston and AAA Cumberland County and dropped close ones to #3 AAA Blackman and AAA Tennessee. Well my point here is, ( I get long winded sometimes lol ), these ladies have performed superbly against VERY good teams! Hopefully the voters will recognize that they certainly have earned the right to be nominated! I don't want to leave out some other VERY talented players in single A across the state, but I am just discussing who I think the front runners should be!!

Each and every young lady mentioned is very deserving. Many of them are surrounded school history and tradition, sorry aunt kim even Forrest has quite the tradition(and I mean that with the upmost respect). Please don't let school history and tradition lessen what a player like Sara Nelms has meant to her school and her community. Sara along with a solid supporting cast have helped Cornersville build a tradition of their own.

Sara Nelms is having an awesome year.....as is Cornersville!! Haley Fagan, Makenzie Hopkins to name a few.....and certainly Miss Nelms are the reasons Cornersville is 19-2 and rated #5 in single A! I believe Marshall County as a whole (Cornersville A, Marshall Cty AA and Forrest A) have made many stand up and take notice over the last few years, and not just in ladies basketball!! I still wish we played Cornersville during the regular season,now that was a tradition!!!.....However I will take both teams making it to the Boro again!!!! :thumb: Good luck the rest of the way!!!!

Check out MTSU's commitments and if any are in Class A that's who will win. But it's not political or anything like that.

Glad somebody finally came out and said it. You are 100% correct. Sad testimony on something that should be solely performance based.

Check out MTSU's commitments and if any are in Class A that's who will win. But it's not political or anything like that.

Glad somebody finally came out and said it. You are 100% correct. Sad testimony on something that should be solely performance based.

I think it is a tribute to a young lady playing any class to be recruited by a school of MTSU'S caliber and believe me if they didn't preform that school sure wouldn't offer them anything.

I don't know much about Hawn but I have watched Molly and Laken play many times. Both are well deserving of this award as well as Hawn. As mentioned before, regardless of the outcome, Class A will be extremely well represented. With that said, I know this is an individual achievement but the supporting characters for both Molly and Laken are what make these two so special. There are many situations where I have seen Laken or Molly be doubled and Bowman or Dickens knock down a clutch 3. Laken and Molly absolutely make their respective teams better, but without their respective teams Laken and Molly may not be as special of players. I think this award shines light on not only an individual but on the individuals supporting crew as well. And with a stat like Coach Rodgers has, 900 wins and only one Ms Basketball, that just speaks wonders of how spread out the talent of his teams are! I believe Coach Brown has only one winner if i'm not mistaken. Mrs Andrea (Davidson) Thaxton. Probably the best women's basketball player i've seen in a lifetime! She also had a great supporting cast and it helped her out tremendously!

I don't know much about Hawn but I have watched Molly and Laken play many times. Both are well deserving of this award as well as Hawn. As mentioned before, regardless of the outcome, Class A will be extremely well represented. With that said, I know this is an individual achievement but the supporting characters for both Molly and Laken are what make these two so special. There are many situations where I have seen Laken or Molly be doubled and Bowman or Dickens knock down a clutch 3. Laken and Molly absolutely make their respective teams better, but without their respective teams Laken and Molly may not be as special of players. I think this award shines light on not only an individual but on the individuals supporting crew as well. And with a stat like Coach Rodgers has, 900 wins and only one Ms Basketball, that just speaks wonders of how spread out the talent of his teams are! I believe Coach Brown has only one winner if i'm not mistaken. Mrs Andrea (Davidson) Thaxton. Probably the best women's basketball player i've seen in a lifetime! She also had a great supporting cast and it helped her out tremendously!

Wondering if you meant Kelli Reed knocking down a clutch 3 vs Dickens. Dickens does not usually shot the 3, but she can take care of the paint. Coach Brown had Laken last year as Miss Basketball.