Official Class AA Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i laugh at how you guys slobber over the measley 2000 point scorers who just passed that mark and present to you with someone who passed that mark like in January ................. OF 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

AMBER RECHIS - Westview - easily the best shooter in Tennessee at any classification (and probably college LOL), and 3000 points will be here soon barring an early playoff exit

second place:

Chassidy Fussell - OC (can do everything if she wants - lit my team up for 46 and 35 and yet seems to be passing more this year and that is bad news for Westview and GC because it makes her harder to guard - hard to argue with a Texas signee but Rechis will outscore her by about 600-700 points so i went with the better scorer)

third place:

Aubrey Reedy - GC (maybe best all around player - although TSSAA probably doesn't want to reward people who transfer for 100% basketball reasons - and she already got what she wanted out of that - the gold ball)

honorable mention:

Heather Butler - GC (hard for me to put a player in top three who is not the best player on her own team - even though she is a great player)

The reason rechis will have that many more points than fussell is because her first two years at obion she played with roney and gentry reedy and co and as far as aubrey reedy and heather butler yeah reedy is good but as coach stephenson and any other coach on their schedule who they prepare their defense too stop but i say all that to say if rechis did win miss basketball it would be well deserved

Grundy's Chelsey Wiseman deserves some consideration. She's a sophomore post that is the key to Grundy's success. I'm trying to get her averages from Coach Woodlee at this moment and will post them as soon as I get them.

Update.....

23 points, 12 rebounds per game.

While there are obvioulsy some upperclassmen that are very deserving this year Chelsey's name should at a minium be mentioned and she is one to watch for the next two years.

DL.

There are some 8AA names to be considered:

Emily Sisson-Cannon Co. a three shooter

Mckinze Sells-LA a pure shooter

Kala Biles-Upperman a real nightmare for the opposition offence and defence.

Alyson Roberts-Upperman a three shooter and sticks like a tattoo man up on defence.

Read the Tenneessean for their numbers. :thumb:

Sometimes they don't put two players on the ballot as finalists from the same area, whether it be district

competition, the next county over, etc. etc. Case in point with the two ladies listed below:

No Doubt Chassidy Fussell should be nominated again and should be as her overall game has improved from a year ago. She is distributing the basketball more(assits a game has gone up by 4 or so a game) Shooting percentage is better, Free throws around 80% and Rebounds at 12-14 per game.

Heather Butler is very deserving of a Miss Basketball finalist and I thought she should've been nominated last season. She has quickness, outstanding ball handling abilities, good shooter, plays great defense and makes her teammates better which is a big part of why GC went undefeated and won the Girls Class 2A state title last year.

These two definately come to mind and perhaps someone from McMinn, Livingston, Elizabethon etc. Who knows?

Jenna Adams, McMinn Central junior. Numbers aren't huge with 17 points, 7 rebounds, but with other good players in the line-up (Lee, Massengale, Purkey) they don't have to be and she probably doesn't play much in the second half of a lot of games. When necessary she's put up 30+ points. She also makes her share of three-pointers at 6'2" and is over 40 percent at them. Most importantly the team has lost just once, barely at Maryville despite losing several good seniors from last year.

There are some 8AA names to be considered:

Emily Sisson-Cannon Co. a three shooter

Mckinze Sells-LA a pure shooter

Kala Biles-Upperman a real nightmare for the opposition offence and defence.

Alyson Roberts-Upperman a three shooter and sticks like a tattoo man up on defence.

Read the Tenneessean for their numbers. :thumb:

Agreed.

Sometimes they don't put two players on the ballot as finalists from the same area, whether it be district

competition, the next county over, etc. etc. Case in point with the two ladies listed below:

No Doubt Chassidy Fussell should be nominated again and should be as her overall game has improved from a year ago. She is distributing the basketball more(assits a game has gone up by 4 or so a game) Shooting percentage is better, Free throws around 80% and Rebounds at 12-14 per game.

Heather Butler is very deserving of a Miss Basketball finalist and I thought she should've been nominated last season. She has quickness, outstanding ball handling abilities, good shooter, plays great defense and makes her teammates better which is a big part of why GC went undefeated and won the Girls Class 2A state title last year.

These two definately come to mind and perhaps someone from McMinn, Livingston, Elizabethon etc. Who knows?

It's hard to argue against Fussell winning Ms. Basketball. She's averaging around 25 PPG and has several triple-doubles this year, something you normally don't hear about in women's basketball at the high school level. She's lead her team in knocking off undefeated Gibson Co. and snapping the 55 game win streak. She's lead her team to an AP #1. She's well beyond 2000 points. Fussell has signed with the Texas Longhorns. She's got a nice resume made for herself.

I do think that Butler should get nominated. She's had an outstanding career at Gibson Co. which will result in her going over 2000 points. She has lead her team to a AA state championship and a 35-0 season. I believe she'll be the first ever from Gibson Co. to get nominated. Butler has signed with UT-Martin and will be apart of the beginning of the turn around at UT-Martin.