Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

1) Don't like Shelbyville and never will.

2) With that said, I don't believe that a coach, even one from Shelbyville, would intentionally harm a cheerleader from the opposing team. Is it possible that the young lady, if she is as small as has been posted, was just caught in the midst of an excited crowd, run into by the coach in his haste to confront the officials, and scared by the situation? That would not make his actions right but does it make them criminal?

3) smb123 and 4thecats - you make way too much sense for this battle of wits. Too many have shown up with no ammunition.

4) there is NO excuse for an athlete to go into the stands and punch anyone nor is there any way a coach should allow this type of behavior

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Andrews play against Wilson Central?

According to the Tennessean he played and scored 28 points. Didn't say if he assaulted anyone in the stands.

It might be a good idea for Shelbyville to sit out Andrews for the Tullahoma and some following games. I'm sure the TSSAA would look more favorable at any penalties handed out to Andrews if the school took it upon themselves to give some kind of punishment to Andrews. I know most colleges serve some kind of punishment themselves in those situations.

It might be a good idea for Shelbyville to sit out Andrews for the Tullahoma and some following games. I'm sure the TSSAA would look more favorable at any penalties handed out to Andrews if the school took it upon themselves to give some kind of punishment to Andrews. I know most colleges serve some kind of punishment themselves in those situations.

I agree but SCHS may see that as an admission of guilt and we do not know yet if they accept responsibility for their portion of what happened or not. Seemingly the one absolute of this entire event is that Andrews went into the stands and hit a student from Lawrence County.

What makes anyone think the TSSAA will do anything???? I believe there was a incident last year at the State Tourney where player hit a cheerleader while swinging at someone else......nothing happened!!!

To the people involved in this 27 page topic, I understand you are upset. But Randymc was right, most people don't give a .....squat!! Including the TSSAA. If anything it will increase turn out for the district tourney and make them more money!!!! :unsure:

What makes anyone think the TSSAA will do anything???? I believe there was a incident last year at the State Tourney where player hit a cheerleader while swinging at someone else......nothing happened!!!

To the people involved in this 27 page topic, I understand you are upset. But Randymc was right, most people don't give a .....squat!! Including the TSSAA. If anything it will increase turn out for the district tourney and make them more money!!!! :unsure:

The TSSAA has been a disappointment many times. The kid last year (he intentionally hit a girl but she was not a cheerleader) was announced as Mr. Basketball two days later!

I agree but SCHS may see that as an admission of guilt and we do not know yet if they accept responsibility for their portion of what happened or not. Seemingly the one absolute of this entire event is that Andrews went into the stands and hit a student from Lawrence County.

As for smb123 reversing the roles, it would not happen. The SCHS administration attends away games and on multiple occasions has gone to the student section and made the students change their behavior and has never let them storm the court so your scenario about the rest of what would have happened is not valid because the administration would not allow them to do so.

Where was the Lawrence County administration ??? Still waiting.........

I did not see EA go into the stands (not saying he didn't) but I did see the Lawrence County students storm the court (no one there to make sure that they didn't) so there are more than one "Absolutes"

Sometimes an injury resulting from a blow to the head will not show up immeadiately. Vision loss , hearing loss , headaches , . you can bet the parents of the young man that was attacked will consider this. My daughter was right beside the atttack. The young man was held down by 3 other S,ville players while Bigmac with fries beat the crap out of him.

uh huh. 4 Shelbyville players vs. one poor non threatening LCHS student, probably looking for a place to study calculus. I am sure there were SCHS students injured too. I am questioning Coach Thomas' (supposed) assault......and, I actually am a betting man, and I will bet nothing comes out of this more than a few suspensions. Problem is without a tape, it's just all he said she said. I wish we had one.

Listen to yourself, randymc. I hope you aren't a teacher. You are defending a kid who assaulted another kid.

Where did I defend anyone and say that a kid assaulting another kid was ok?

Well, Randymc is most probably from the Boro so his assumption of Lawrence Co. is Camo wearin, cow tippin, hootin-hollerin rednecks who are out lookin to fight with gigantic basketball teams, which is a huge sweeping generalization. Yes, I said that. People from Lawrence Co. can have extensive vocabularies. Shocking isn't it?

I am from the Boro, I also spent quite a bit of time in Shelbyville.

Here we go with more guarantees. 48 hours ago could you have guaranteed me that Shelbyville Men's Basketball team would charge into a student section looking to knock people out. Honestly can you do that for me? You cannot guarantee me that it is not remotely possible that Shelbyville would not have rushed their own court. There might have been something that went wrong with the administration and they were handeling something else. But guarantees are not a valid argument.

As for smb123 reversing the roles, it would not happen. The SCHS administration attends away games and on multiple occasions has gone to the student section and made the students change their behavior and has never let them storm the court so your scenario about the rest of what would have happened is not valid because the administration would not allow them to do so.

Where was the Lawrence County administration ??? Still waiting.........

I did not see EA go into the stands (not saying he didn't) but I did see the Lawrence County students storm the court (no one there to make sure that they didn't) so there are more than one "Absolutes"

Jeez...guys I didn't think of it before..if we had a school administration like Shelbyville things like this would never happen at our place.....oh...hmmmm..I forgot we were at Shelbyville... your point is mute school officials were there.. we can't control the refs or your Coach who acted like a child who had his pacifier removed..which caused his players to act like two year olds...so what if about ten studentsrushed the court to congratulate their team on big victory....It is also SCHS School administrators bright idea to have their locker room beside the opposing student section...so I don't want to hear any more how wonderful your school adminstration is...and it was also your idiot Principal who almost incited a riot by calling the folks who were down there trying to control your outta control players "WHITE TRASH"...they certainly need to be applauded for that....such class.