Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

SLOWNEZ and others keep talking about the LCHS students "STORMING THE COURT" as though they were armed and taking prisoners. As I understand it they were returned to their bleachers by the SRO where they were then STORMED AND ASSAULTED by Andrews and SOME of the other SCHS players. Where were these wonderful SCHS administrators when this was taking place?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there. I witnessed two very hard fought basketball games. Every time I am at the SCHS gymnasium it is a very crowded place. The opposing team's student section is in front of the SCHS boys locker room. There are cheerleaders along the wall. There are always many people standing in the doorway either watching the game, socializing, or antagonizing the opponent's student section. This creates a huge bottleneck and SCHS has been very lucky that nothing has happened before now.

It concerns me that blame is being placed on people that should not be blamed. SCHS players should have been rushed into their locker room as quickly as the LCHS players were. Why this did not happen is beyond me. There is a head coach and many assistant coaches. SOMEONE should have taken responsibility and gotten those players out of that situation. I did not see many officers before this happened. At other gymnasiums, officers make themselves visible to the crowd.

I do hope TSSAA does look at this situation seriously. We were all very lucky that the outcome was not worse than it was.

Good post

I have read once again all 28 pages of this topic and this is what I have to say:

First of all if SCHS student section is so classy and NEVER writes things on their board about the other team why were they writing things about #10 being on steroids and #14 having a big nose and calling him big bird?? I believe that LCHS has admitted to running on the floor after the game, bad decision? maybe but they were excited. "SCHSMOM" If you don't have a #50 on your team then what is Jarell's #? and it has been stated that the LCHS student section should have gotten out of the way of the team by "bubblegum10" we were not in their way, our students were in THEIR STUDENT SECTION, not our fault that is where the great shelbyville administration put the opposing team student section. Now "bballrocks" no one is trying to end EA's career it looks like after friday night he doesn't need any help doing that, with the attitude and temper he has he will be able to do that all on his own and if we were so mad that EA won the Mcdonalds AA then why did almost every one of our fans, student section and basketball team stand up and clap for him and the honor that was given him? He is a great basketball player with a lousy, bad temper. If SCHS fans think that he was taunted to the point of fighting then what does that say about EVERY ball player that has every been taunted in a game, should they all storm the opposing student section???

And to answer the ? where was the LCHS administration, not sure, should have been there but it wasn't like there was no teachers or SRO's there for our school.

And last but certainly not least........Good job on a GREAT win by the LCHS boys and girls.

I think they confused you with the SCHS principal. Or, maybe it was an insinuation you made about LCHS students' intelligence.

Who was the assistant coach who shoved the cheerleader? I think there are two and I want to make sure the wrong one is not accused.

My comments were to say that I am sure the LCHS student wasn't totally innocent in this situation, saying nothing about the student's (apostrophe before the s) intelligence.

The apostrophe was to represent more than one student since, because you do not know the student in question, it was a general characterization of all LCHS students.

Hate to see you go.

OK, I am pretty sure it was evident I was talking about 1 student (singular) from LCHS in my previous post (go read it). I do not know the student in question, but I do know it's a student and not students according to information provided here. Under your logic I was referencing the entire LCHS student body. Only an idiot would think I was talking about all LCHS students....we know all LCHS students don't take Calculus (and before you take that and run wild and crazy with it, neither do all SCHS, or OHS, or NAME SCHOOL). You use an s to represent more than one student, the apostrophe is to show possession of the intelligence. Good try though

SLOWNEZ and others keep talking about the LCHS students "STORMING THE COURT" as though they were armed and taking prisoners. As I understand it they were returned to their bleachers by the SRO where they were then STORMED AND ASSAULTED by Andrews and SOME of the other SCHS players. Where were these wonderful SCHS administrators when this was taking place?

I never said that the SCHS administration was great. I stated that they attend away games and try and maintain control of their student section. One way they do this is to make sure that they know that they cannot, under any circumstance get on the floor. I agree that the proximity of the visiting student section to the SCHS locker room needs to be addressed. Look back at my post. All you will find is that I stated that the SCHS administration attends away games and helps control their students.

SCHS needs to address where the students sections need to be and make a change.

LCHS needs their administration to show up and KEEP THEIR STUDENTS OFF OF THE FLOOR.

MAN UP AND ADMIT IT. WE ARE BOTH TO BLAME

has anyone from lawrence county complained about the schs student section with the white tshirt blocking the lchs girls from coming out of the locker room with a dry erase board. some of the girls had to duck to get under it. it is all fun for the student sections so quit holding the lchs students responsible for the irresponsible actions of the schs team and coaches. those students are what makes school spirit. lets leave the students out of this it was not their fault.

WOW, the principle of SCHS lives in Lawrence County!!!!! I was pretty sure you posted back on page 27 or something that you said "us redneck white trash here in Lawrence County" when you were bickering with Randymc. But I see you have taken a stupid internet fight and called out his job and place of work over comments that can be taken several ways, as in "Us redneck white trash here in Lawrence County" posted by you!!!! This is why these boards drive me crazy, but I keep reading!!! Coach T must love it!!!......BTW, is CoacH T one of the "redneck white trash there in Lawrence County" as you have called everybody there???? :unsure: