Coffee County Girls

bigmoney128

can not remember the record the previous 2 years before he got there, but it was at least 500.

2006/ 2007. (Record was 11-15) 7 of those wins came against Tull, WC, Lincoln Co.* and White Co. the other 4 came against AA or A. Out of the AAA schools Tull, WC and White Co had losing records. They had a big win against Lincoln which had a record of 25-10.

2007-2008 (Record was 15-16) 6 of those wins came against Tull, WC and Lincoln all of which had losing records. All other wins came against one AA and three A.

Summary of these two seasons they had 13 wins against AAA schools 12 of those were against losing records, all the rest came against smaller schools.

You would have to go back before the previous coach to find where Coffee was winning against the larger schools in their District.

As for the last two seasons. Coffee is going through rebuilding seasons, and as stated before it takes a few years to do so. They have a very young team. One senior that has any varsity time and allot of juniors. Next year you should see a big improvement and a very bright future beyond that.

As for Muckle, you are correct he tends to yell too much and needs to try to be more positive towards the kids. Losing is hard on everybody mainly the Kids, which is what this is all about. They need someone to help build their confidence not tear it down and this is something that Muckle has always struggled with. He does know the game I promise you, if the kids will block out all the yelling and listen to what he is trying to say they will do well.

Getting back to the game tonight, Coffee is playing well right now they need to continue to play hard on Def and keep their offence going with scoring from outside and inside.

Good luck to the Girls tonight they deserve to end the season strong.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are looking UP and perceptions are made by different people. Coach M understands what is at stake as does the community. everyone seems to be trying hard and rebuilding is hard on everyone. Everythong just takes time and according to personnel, now thru next year looks as up times. Best of luck to Coffee County/

For one thing, coffee county is now playing in a much weaker district than before and i dont understand the rebuilding process crimson100 is talking about, its kind of hard to "rebuild" in high school, you get what you get as far as players and also there were about 10 girls that quit when muckle arrived, that has alot to do with them being young. Also, one would think that after 29 or 30 years of coaching he would have figured out how to be more positive and not yell so much.

It's a shame we cannot enjoy a winning streak, without starting another classic C.C. coach bashing session on Coach T. The kids, especially the Morgan kid, have played great. In my opinion, Coach Muckle has done a good job. That's my opinion. There is no need to start questioning the level of competition or trying to rationalize why we are winning. I believe both coaches and players are responsible for winning, just as I believe both are partly responsible when they are losing. I am just happy we are winning, and it's a shame others can't leave it at that.

It's a shame we cannot enjoy a winning streak, without starting another classic C.C. coach bashing session on Coach T. The kids, especially the Morgan kid, have played great. In my opinion, Coach Muckle has done a good job. That's my opinion. There is no need to start questioning the level of competition or trying to rationalize why we are winning. I believe both coaches and players are responsible for winning, just as I believe both are partly responsible when they are losing. I am just happy we are winning, and it's a shame others can't leave it at that.

I agree with you Pearl. Let the kids play, the coaches coach, and enjoy the game. However it does take 5 to play. There have been several kids step up and contribute to the recent success. Good luck tonight CC, see you all Thursday!

For one thing, coffee county is now playing in a much weaker district than before and i dont understand the rebuilding process crimson100 is talking about, its kind of hard to "rebuild" in high school, you get what you get as far as players and also there were about 10 girls that quit when muckle arrived, that has alot to do with them being young. Also, one would think that after 29 or 30 years of coaching he would have figured out how to be more positive and not yell so much.

It's always the coach in Coffee Co. Always. dry.gif

can not remember the record the previous 2 years before he got there, but it was at least 500.

2006/ 2007. (Record was 11-15) 7 of those wins came against Tull, WC, Lincoln Co.* and White Co. the other 4 came against AA or A. Out of the AAA schools Tull, WC and White Co had losing records. They had a big win against Lincoln which had a record of 25-10.

2007-2008 (Record was 15-16) 6 of those wins came against Tull, WC and Lincoln all of which had losing records. All other wins came against one AA and three A.

Summary of these two seasons they had 13 wins against AAA schools 12 of those were against losing records, all the rest came against smaller schools.

You would have to go back before the previous coach to find where Coffee was winning against the larger schools in their District.

As for the last two seasons. Coffee is going through rebuilding seasons, and as stated before it takes a few years to do so. They have a very young team. One senior that has any varsity time and allot of juniors. Next year you should see a big improvement and a very bright future beyond that.

As for Muckle, you are correct he tends to yell too much and needs to try to be more positive towards the kids. Losing is hard on everybody mainly the Kids, which is what this is all about. They need someone to help build their confidence not tear it down and this is something that Muckle has always struggled with. He does know the game I promise you, if the kids will block out all the yelling and listen to what he is trying to say they will do well.

Getting back to the game tonight, Coffee is playing well right now they need to continue to play hard on Def and keep their offence going with scoring from outside and inside.

You have ripped on softball and girls basketball, does anything make you happy? We the people that know you, know the answer is NO.

One thing for sure, it is his team and his responsibility and this team must have been sold on what he is`doing. They are making progress. All of this sounds vaguely familiar. I would bet he is listening and is appreciating the effort of his players. They are evidently following his instructions. Too much is being made of the playing season. The major part of his job is how he develops players off season and communicates with the school system. Thats a program. Doing that or not doing that will show up quickly and he and his assistants can be graded on the progress. Looks to me, give them and the players a chance. Support CC programs.

You have ripped on softball and girls basketball, does anything make you happy? We the people that know you, know the answer is NO.

???? what ever you think???? :lol::o

Both teams played hard tonight good crowd on both sides. Thought Tull looked good early but Coffee kept putting Deff pressure on Tullahoma which proved to be the differents in the game. Thought Coffee had a better game plan with 5 guards. Good luck to both!!!! Glad to see both student sections showed up and showed some class and support their teams..

Six weeks ago we would have probably lost that game last night, but the girls are learning how to win. To me, it looks like they are starting to believe in one another. All the girls contributed to the win and the excitement shows on their faces. There were a couple of instances late in the 4th quarter that they could have folded, but they kept pushing.Keep it going girls.