Best Pitcher in the state

Best

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banks and Renfroe I agree. I havent seen Nunley throw much. Two that I thought were better than most at last years state was the girl from Riverdale, I don't know her her name, but she did a great job throwing against Beech. She may have been under the radar and caught some teams by surprise. The other is the girl from Lexington, Sharese Arnold (sp?).

I think the Riverdale pitcher is much like another young pitcher, Kelly Troglin, that pitched for Red Bank back a few years ago. As a freshman, with a team full of seniors, she won the state title for Red Bank. She isnt a strike out pitcher and she really depended on her teams defense, which isnt a bad thing. Red Bank didnt repeat. I think a lot of being a good pitcher is mental and the Riverdale pitcher does have the mental game down. I think Riverdale graduated a lot this year and I dont think she will have the season she had last year. That isnt to say Riverdale doesnt have a good pitcher, they just dont have the states best pitcher. That is just my opinion. I think I was most impressed by the young Maryville pitcher. I think Banks and Beech will be my pick for state champions.

In my opinion, there's probably not one best pitcher. However, Michael Connell of Team Worth Gold has put together what has to be one of the best staffs and they're all from middle TN: Caralisa Connell (Siegel and signed w/ UofL), Haley Fagan (Cornersville and committed to UT) and, of course, Casey Vincent (this is HOT off the press...committed to UT-M) has already been mentioned. All are studdettes, but their mental approach is off the charts...and that is what makes each special.

Beech has been and is still loa-ded! Pitchin', hittin', defense, speed, long-ball, short-ball, lawwwd! Thought they'd win it last year, but... It takes more than just talent, luck/blessing, coachin', etc. to win it all. To me, it's the timing of all that. Obviously, Riverdale timed it perfectly last year.