Why the problem at the DUALS?

PUMMELKING

2bleg,

It seems to be the norm for you to come on here and b***h and moan about the refs all the time- no matter what tourney, dual match, etc. You habitually give the refs way too much credit by ranting about how they always seem to determine the outcome of a match. It's ridiculous! On another thread you insult Chris Agnew's dec over Johnson by calling it a track meet?! What was the point? CBHS bumped a stud to get a win and it didn't happen, ACTUALLY, I believe Agnew got a T2 in the third, while Johnson did not and that decided the match.

In fact, after looking at the live update site and tallying the stall warnings, the stall calls were even for both teams 4-4. Don't quote me on that though, but feel free to look it up yourself since you seem so hllbent on blaming the officials for every match. Don't worry about another team's fans yelling stalling when your fans do the same.

FYI, just because in the last 30 seconds of a match when a wrestler has been losing and they then decide to turn it up and actually try no set ups, but just charging and pushing out of bounds is not a reason to say they were screwed out of the match. That's why they wrestle 3 periods :lol:

ANYWAYS, what should have been said from the beginning, is congrats to both teams. Both wrestled hard and there were some good matches. Congrats to CBHS on making it to the finals for the first time, appears only more will come. Looking forward to the traditional with all 4 of the teams competing for the championship

OH, and congrats to BC in what turned out to be a competitive final.

And I will continue to say something about the refs, so if you don't like it, don't read it. If I disagree with something, I am going to say it. Right now, the refs I see in the middle of the state, get way too involved in the matches. Don't see this out west, not in the southern part of the state, nor out east of the state. Seems to be just in the middle of the state. But then again, you are probably from the middle of the state, and benefit from these calls.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously anymore since you basically just said the refs in West Tn are better than those in the mid state.

Show me where I said that. You can't, becauase I didn't.

I simply said, that you don't see them getting involved in the matches, the same way you see the middle TN refs.

I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously anymore since you basically just said the refs in West Tn are better than those in the mid state.

I simply said, that you don't see them getting involved in the matches, the same way you see the middle TN refs.

Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed by making that statement you considered them to be better officials. Not really sure what you mean then. Your right, the refs in West Tn don't get involved which leads to many brawls and poor sportsmanship and not wrestling matches. And when the west tn teams go elsewhere in the state and get called for penalty points or obvious stall calls, I now know why it's such a mystery to you and them. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed by making that statement you considered them to be better officials. Not really sure what you mean then. Your right, the refs in West Tn don't get involved which leads to many brawls and poor sportsmanship and not wrestling matches. And when the west tn teams go elsewhere in the state and get called for penalty points or obvious stall calls, I now know why it's such a mystery to you and them. Thanks for clarifying.

you can't be serious!

You are saying that west TN gets in brawls? What brawls have you seen?

And for your information, it is not stalling when you are the one on the offensive side. It's not stalling, when you are the one attempting the take down, but have seen this called. Where? In middle TN, and no where else in the entire country. It's not stalling when the top guy has legs thrown in, has the bottom guy's hips in the air, and the bottom guy has no way to move. But it's called on the bottom guy, and not the top guy.

And it IS stalling, when the top guy continously throws in legs WHILE standing. But for some reason, that never gets called in the middle of the state. It IS stalling, when the top guy is just laying there, or holding on, with no attempt to turn the bottom guy, but for some reason, I rarely see that called, but instead hit the bottom guy.

Problem is, when you benefit from calls, you see the world through rose-colored glasses, and when you are on the outside, you see the difference.

See it the way you want, but you are wrong in this, and I think many others agree with me. The fact is, on Saturday, the calls were not the same as they were on Friday.

How funny it is when someone from west Tennessee complains about stalling. I was at a tournament this year and was asked by another coach from west Tennessee about locking hands. They had no idea that overlaping or even touching of hands was locking hands. I was told that the only way it is called locking hands in the west is if the hands are grasped together. So before you start saying things about mid state refs you may want to acctually do a few steps. One read a rule book which can be purchased at the national federation web site. Step 2 read the rule book. Step three go to TSSAA.org and sign up because it sounds like you think you could do the job much better. So put your money where your mouth is.