Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

I guess your brother is a great cross-dresser. Maybe a family trait you also enjoy. You will not find West fans on here talking aboutour strength or speed numbers. For that matter, not many winners are on here talking about such mindless things. Max benches with spotter "just touching the bar" and quick fingered stop watches for 40 times are not our concern. I find it funny that I heard from a JC assistant himself that Jeff had 3 SEC caliber players, but none had a single offer. The program at Jeff has been in decline since Scooter and Jeff Jennings left. This year will be better because Greenville and William Blount will be down. Sevier Co will still beat you and you will watch the playoffs again.

Man, I sure am glad that west fans don't waste anyone's time by talking about "mindless things" such as speed and strength statistics. Yet this idiotic fan finds the time to speak upon "cross-dressing and having intercourse with so and so's sister." :thumb: You're an entertainer to say the least.

Oh I do enjoy some good humor tommytrojan. I just dont always show it. :thumb: I never at one point got frustrated with your posts. I really did enjoy going back an forth but it was more a battle of wits to me. Thats why I said earlier that you won't get any kind of emotional response out of me. I am just a debater. I always have been. I am the type that enjoys taking the opposite side. I may not believe it but I just have fun argueing.

That being said, I am also an IMAC supporter and as obnoxious as I was earlier about that playoff game I was actually there. I did very much want MW to pull it out. I have a cousin who attends catholic so it was a my conference vs. his kind of thing.

Anyways, since we are all getting along now and I do notice there arent any MW threads up what are you all looking like this year? We are all football fans and football is football and its a long offseason for all of us. The Jeff co fans are just as intrested in their competitors as they are themselves as I am sure is the case with you seeing as you posted on this thread.

now that we have goins as a great combine quarterback in the nation, what is his passing abilities. Stafford from GA who went first in the draft 2 years ago ran a 4.9. 40 times and trap speed does not mean anything when it comes to quarterback ability. Im sure the Colts are not concerned about Mannings 40 times. 40 times are for others to show athletic ability. Not the quarterbacks. These are often 6'2 and above men with strong arms!! At some time, he will have to prove that he can stand in and lead a 2 minute comeback with something other that his legs. How may times has he done this. NeVER How many pocket passes did he complete last year. You can count them on 1 hand. ALL COMPLETIONS OFF ROLLOUT AS DEFENDERS CAME UP TO SUPPORT RUN AND LEFT BO OPEN. ANYONE CAN COMPLETE PASSES TO RECEIVERS OPEN BY 30 YARDS. jchs can show up and win 8 games next year but will exit playoffs early because maryville or another knoxville power will put 8 in the box and jchs will be finished. Everyone knows this deep down. dont give me the ronnie brown crap. He does not play quartback 5-10 plays during the entire game. And Tebow is not a good example either. He is not close to the best athlete at florida. He is a winner and leader and had enough arm to work in college. he ran 4.7. Get real and be honest. We all know how this will end. We will show up with the same old offense and expect different results. insanity. Fix it now

Just got off the website that post the componets of the combine. This was not quarterback combine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was simply a combine of general athletic ability. He no doubt rates well at this and only proves the point that he is wasted at quarterback in which teams will key and take away at some point. If they would simply change the rules that limit the number of defensive players they can put in the box then JCHS would be world class. If you do not have arm to play quarterback, then move to another position that does not require it. Carson Newman seems to have got the message as they have recuited the Greeneville and Marryville quarterback. Looks like they may open it up abit in the future.

The thing you are missing out on jchs1team is football is a game of give and take. You are saying teams key on Anthony which is true given the fact that the patriots are an option team but I want you to imagine something. If the patriots were a pass heavy offense and Anthony was a top of the line WR, than dont you think they would key on him than too and try to take him out of the gameplan? They would.

Now as I posted earlier, the numbers of the JCHS passing attack have continued to rise. If they jump even by a marginal amount this year the team will be approaching balance and when a team is balanced than you cant key on that one person like you could before. The key will be to just develop the passing game which anybody around the football complex will tell you Anthony is working his tail off to refine that part of his game.

You posted earlier that height is a factor for a QB, well Anthony is around 6'1". I think that is plenty tall enough. QB may not be the position Anthony plays in college but his athleticism will allow him to continue serve him will at that position in high school. I have said it all along, he will turn some heads this year as will the entire patriot team.

jchs1 .Your facination with with the quarterback is telling.On one hand you say he is a great athlete then you tell us should not be the QB because he is too good to play there.I.m alittle confused.Is combine numbers are great...but wait there not that great because it wasn't a QB specific combine.Help us understand .Should Goins even play this game?If yes,,,then where would you put him?..If you remember correctly Goins TOOK the job based on his JV performances! He was not the even in the top ten of athletes when he did that.As I recall there were 8 senoirs that went on to college campuses THAT following spring and probabley another 3 that could have.So what should Goins have done after that in your opinion?should he have not gotten sooo strong and fast/quick.Should he have refused the QB job last year and this coming one?Should he insist on getting sacked or do we allow him to move around ? You also should know that Goins is a REAL football player and has been for a long time.He understands that the coaches will play him where he can help the most.He also understands that this QB position is a polorizing position in this and most schools.He understands the emotions that many fans express are not based on Hate but rather a overwhelming sense of competitiveness and the desireto win a State championship.This is your motivation ..right? GO PATRIOTS ! !

you bet. we are better than what we have had in the past several years and the only way it will get better is to make changes. We are simply too predictable. i know we threw it more last year but with little productivity. Most of the time it simply dug a hole to run on 2nd and 10. The fact is that he was the 3rd best quarterback at passing. Best running!!! He did give us the best chance of staying close to teams but that only works if you play flawless football and we turned it over too often. The fact is we are very weak at the passing game in general and most is not the quarterbacks blame. The coaches think that simply dropping back and throwing the ball constitutes a passing game. Those teams that pass successfully set it up and practice it as much or more than the running game. We do not know how to pass and pass block. Why A coach from nothing but a veer background with no experience. Facts In the 80's, we could simply run run run but times have changed. Teams like maryville will put 28 on anybody. Its too much to ask the defense to hold teams to under 10 because we cant keep up!! they make you cover sideline to sideline and 40 yards deep. we make defenses cover sideline to sideline and 5 yards deep. Its certain that there are current football players on here crying each time someone says somthing critical about this team. I admire your loyalty but If you cant handle the criticism, then dont come on here. The fact is that when you are 14-16 over the past 3 years, some criticism is derserving. what do you think maryville would do with a 14-16 coach. Why should we expect less or deserve less here at JCHS. Stop selling ourselves short. When you are the second largest school in the state we should not lose to 4and5 a programs on a regulay basis. Losing here has become all to common. WHY because we except it

he will play defense at the next level. hes 5-11 take off the shoes and measure. I simply making the point that the quarterback is a different skill set. Others on here have pointed this out but a few of you blast everyone that points this out. (most current football players)

Stop trying to make him something hes not. A great athlete is for sure. A good quarterbck NEVER,

he will play defense at the next level. hes 5-11 take off the shoes and measure. I simply making the point that the quarterback is a different skill set. Others on here have pointed this out but a few of you blast everyone that points this out. (most current football players)

Stop trying to make him something hes not. A great athlete is for sure. A good quarterbck NEVER,

Again(Keeping

in mind..That all the coaches and all the players both this year and last believe that Goins should be the qb) WHAT oh WHAT should he do???WHY oh WHY does your opinion mean more than the teams??Top to bottom they ranked first GOINS ,second Bo,THIRD BIBLE...these are just the facts.Perhaps the coaching staff has an

opening....you could apply ..and if they hire you(never) you can be the one and only "voice of reason".You may even get the HC job and then you can put Goins where he belongs.lmao..BUt in fairness...if a great/tall/supurbly talented player moves in ...I'm sure Goins can find somewhere else on the team that he can play. Now what of the OTHER 21 positions on the Team...WE did lose a LB..DL..CB..and the center...those seams like some big shoes to fill too.

You know the funny thing is you say that many players are the ones coming to the defense of Anthony but the only reason they do that is his teamates believe in him. They believe that he is an effective leader and gives the team the best chance to win. If his teamates respect him and believe that he is in a position that gives the team the best chance to win than I believe 100% he is in the right spot.

The coaches can move players around all they want to but in order for the team to play effectively the team has to believe in the man under center. I think its safe to say you could ask any patriot football player and they will tell you they believe in anthony.

Also, from reading several posts I see very little crying from anybody. I see arguements with factual evidence behindthem. It actually appears to me that you are the one crying more than anyone else on here. I see many who do look for improvement and who see improvement. You, jchs1team, are the only crying "fire the coach, the qb sucks, theres no way this team can win." Why throw stones when you live in a glass house?

Im going to stop crying and agree to come back at the end of the year and say " i told you so" I am sinply a 30 year fan that has set in the seats from the 70's through this crap. I have seen 3000 fans in the seats and i have seen 12000 there. I am simply a fan without a kid in the school system trying to give an unbiased point of view. Can either of you say the same thing. There were a large group that tried to save the coach b-4 creig. A coach from the outside came in and sparked the 80's. Im done trying to reason with dads and players with ties within this system. I wish the players the best of luck. many of you have worked hard and deserve better!!!!!!