Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

Im going to stop crying and agree to come back at the end of the year and say " i told you so" I am sinply a 30 year fan that has set in the seats from the 70's through this crap. I have seen 3000 fans in the seats and i have seen 12000 there. I am simply a fan without a kid in the school system trying to give an unbiased point of view. Can either of you say the same thing. There were a large group that tried to save the coach b-4 creig. A coach from the outside came in and sparked the 80's. Im done trying to reason with dads and players with ties within this system. I wish the players the best of luck. many of you have worked hard and deserve better!!!!!!
I never thought you were crying..But I gotta say that it sure has been looking like you have a HUGE problem with GOINS..I mean he is only 1 guy..yet a few posters seem to only concentrate on him.And to give your post some credit ...lets say your right..Goins plays defense at JCHS then goes to college and plays defense.OR he plays QB AND defense at JCHS and goes to college and plays defense.anyway peace. GO PATRIOTS dvp4life

Im going to stop crying and agree to come back at the end of the year and say " i told you so" I am sinply a 30 year fan that has set in the seats from the 70's through this crap. I have seen 3000 fans in the seats and i have seen 12000 there. I am simply a fan without a kid in the school system trying to give an unbiased point of view. Can either of you say the same thing. There were a large group that tried to save the coach b-4 creig. A coach from the outside came in and sparked the 80's. Im done trying to reason with dads and players with ties within this system. I wish the players the best of luck. many of you have worked hard and deserve better!!!!!!

Very well said :thumb:

Yes, I am obviously biased having played for Coach Anderson. On the flipside though, I know what he is like as a coach and I am very encouraged by it. He works much, much harder than many people realize. It pains me to know the work he puts in and the the credit, or lack of, he gets.

Another thing that pains me is the assumption that this year is going to be the same as its always been when it is clear that progress is being made. It hasnt been easy progress. The seniors on the 2008 squad came close to getting the ball rolling but momentum was stopped by an unorthodox season in 2009 that saw many major players go down with injuries.

We all know last years team went 5-5. Even with bias, I do not deny it. However, even without bias you should see that an unheard of amount of starters are returning. Many of those have taken this offseason more seriously than ever.

If a year rolls around and you are in the position to say "I told you so" than I will humbley say "I was wrong." Until that time we wait.

Thing about it is...its not just a 5-5 record its a 5-5 record with a schedule thats pretty bad. Overall Jefferson County should have pretty easy time going 7-3. 2400 students playing in a weak region should have better results. This isn't to say Coach Anderson doesn't work hard. I know he does but is the overall talent that bad? Half the schools on the schedule get beat by AAA/AAAA schools well alone 6A schools.

Thing about it is...its not just a 5-5 record its a 5-5 record with a schedule thats pretty bad. Overall Jefferson County should have pretty easy time going 7-3. 2400 students playing in a weak region should have better results. This isn't to say Coach Anderson doesn't work hard. I know he does but is the overall talent that bad? Half the schools on the schedule get beat by AAA/AAAA schools well alone 6A schools.
What you have said -does hold water.I thinks it is fair to say the JC has underperformed over the last many years.It IS also fair to say that JC does not play in the strongest conferance(NO offence IMAC).Yes again,2400 students is a huge advantage in putting together a football team.This huge volume should make JC a contender for the IMAC championship every year.There ARE a good amount of student/athletes that go the extra mile to make the team better and I know the coaches are putting in the time.THE BIGGEST problem that JCHS has is the large amount of people that are extreemly negative about the team/coaches/players.THIS negativity is contagious..it infects all those around them.I have EVEN seen it infect a player or three.Just think..A disgruntled parent turns his own kid into a disgruntled player.Yes we had/have several of these infected families on the Team.And I gotta tell you---If I were In charge --there would be a meeting with these families and a invitation to get on board or get out!!Anyone ever heard of the word MORAL.these disgruntled parents of players-who were "lied to","cheated"."mistreated","and not given the position that they SO richly deserved and earned">>>. NEED to SHUT UP and CHEER for the JEFFERSON COUNTY PATRIOTS!!!!And for the record ,,I have spoken to (2)JCHS players that went on to play and graduate at the D1 level.I have also spoke to 4 current college players who are JCHS graduates.ALL 6 of these men told me about the ugliness that was spoken about them and the teams they played on.They told me about the cursing in the stands--the boos--the hateful things said around town( yes- everything said DOES get back to the player) .And what of the hurtful things said about them -here on COACHT!!!So ,,you see we DO have talent here,We DO have great MEN that play this GAME.We DO have dedicated coaches.OUR biggest problem is ourselves.JUST think---If the effort we place toward negativity were turned into a focused push toward winning----there would be NO limit to what we could accomplish.I will continue to cheer.I will continue to ring the COWBELL.I will continue to encourage and "up talk" the players when I see them.It's WHAT WE DO...WER'E MEN..IT MEANS A FEW THINGS!!! GO PATRIOTS dvp4life

I agree with dvp4life about the negativity around the program. I believe that the current environment around the entire athletic program is not good, with the exception of basketball. I do not think the football program has performed as well as it should have the past three seasons, and no rational person would disagree with this statement. For whatever reasons, injuries or personnel decisions or lack of talent or being young. The responsibility falls to the coaching staff, and ultimately to Anderson himself. I am not a coach nor do I ever want to be a coach, so I will leave that up to the coaches, but the results to us fans have not been there. I love when people say "we are young". Maryville wins when they are young, Alcoa wins when they are young, Mo West has won in years they were young, even we won in the 80s when young. Basically, in high school, if you are good enough to win, your experience really does not matter (in my opinion). Anyone with teenage kids knows ever day is "grounghog" day :thumb: . This years team is supposed to be loaded with experience and talent, so we fans of the school need to be patient to see what happens.

As to how hard Anderson works, I have no idea. I do know that my wife and I go to the track a lot to walk, usualy around 6:30 or 7:00 pm(my wife is crazy so weather and darkness are not factors). There are rarely if ever cars parked at the fieldhouse. Just my observation. I also think, and this is solely my opinion, that Coach Anderson should try to take a bit more professional approach in his appearence. I am on the porky side myself, but he is the face (and body) that represents Jefferson Co. on a big stage.

I agree with dvp4life about the negativity around the program. I believe that the current environment around the entire athletic program is not good, with the exception of basketball. I do not think the football program has performed as well as it should have the past three seasons, and no rational person would disagree with this statement. For whatever reasons, injuries or personnel decisions or lack of talent or being young. The responsibility falls to the coaching staff, and ultimately to Anderson himself. I am not a coach nor do I ever want to be a coach, so I will leave that up to the coaches, but the results to us fans have not been there. I love when people say "we are young". Maryville wins when they are young, Alcoa wins when they are young, Mo West has won in years they were young, even we won in the 80s when young. Basically, in high school, if you are good enough to win, your experience really does not matter (in my opinion). Anyone with teenage kids knows ever day is "grounghog" day :thumb: . This years team is supposed to be loaded with experience and talent, so we fans of the school need to be patient to see what happens.

As to how hard Anderson works, I have no idea. I do know that my wife and I go to the track a lot to walk, usualy around 6:30 or 7:00 pm(my wife is crazy so weather and darkness are not factors). There are rarely if ever cars parked at the fieldhouse. Just my observation. I also think, and this is solely my opinion, that Coach Anderson should try to take a bit more professional approach in his appearence. I am on the porky side myself, but he is the face (and body) that represents Jefferson Co. on a big stage.

It is my understanding that Brad Mason has been dismissed from the football team for threatening (sp)

a teacher. I do not know if he was kicked out of school.

I understand he was not kicked out of school, but he is off the team.

I pray to God that Brad learns a valuable life lesson from this VERY POOR decision. He, like all teens make bad decisions, but this time it has not only hurt him, it has hurt all of his former team members, coaches and the good people of Jefferson County.

On the positive side of Jefferson County football, 4 team members participated in the National Underclassmen Combine in Nashville this past weekend. All fared well in the overall competition.

Eric Kane, KC Turner, Jairus Basinger and Anthony Goins represented with good intense performances. I would say they all know what they need to continue working on and improve before Spring practice and during the summer workouts to reach the “promised land” this fall.

For those of you interested, TN Varsity has a FREE combine advertised that will be taking place in Oak Ridge May 8th , it is FREE, BUT YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER BEFORE APRIL 20TH.

Good Luck and God Bless

"Goins is going to go a long way after being crowned Combine King and Fastest Man Award.Goins 5'11'' 191 lbs,had a 33.5 inch vertical.9'9'' broad jump,ran a 4.15 shuttle and a 4.47 40 yard dash ! Bench pressed 185lbs 22 times and did a nice job during 1 on 1's.Impressive to say the least!" (direct quote) National Underclassmen Combine results from April 3rd 2010. GO PATRIOTS !!

Juniors Stamp Their Ticket to Success in Nashville<<<(another article on NUCFOOTBALL) "Charles Goins (Jefferson County) is a ridiculous athlete period.In winning the Combine King and Fastest Man awards,Goins had a 33.5 inch vertical,9'9''broad jump,jetted to a 4.15 shuttle,4.47 40 and benched pressed185 lbs 22 times.This is what you call a statistical slaughter my friends." GO PATRIOTS

In addition to being invited to the Invitational Nike Camp from last month,Goins has also recieved invites to the Invitational NUC Ultimate 100 Camp and the Football University(Invitation Only)Camp!!! WAY to GO Anthony!! Way to make the Patriot Family proud, GO PATRIOTS !!!