Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

He should be able to lift again in the the coming weeks. Other than him, Jenkins is the only one still recovering from an injury sustained last year. His is also a torn labrum but it was torn a little worse than Kountz's so his recovery is a little longer.

Other than that and the strength numbers, there seems to be little going on with the football program which is exactly how you want it. If your working hard in the weight room than few people notice but if you are making mistakes outside of the football fieldhouse than every one knows it.

I saw Kountz recently.He is working hard!! and has begun lifting again.Is Jenkins cleared for the weight room yet? GO PATRIOTS !!!!

In addition to being invited to the Invitational Nike Camp from last month,Goins has also recieved invites to the Invitational NUC Ultimate 100 Camp and the Football University(Invitation Only)Camp!!! WAY to GO Anthony!! Way to make the Patriot Family proud, GO PATRIOTS !!!

You can perform well in combines all day long, but until it translates to the field...it means nothing, and from the game i saw last year i was very unimpressed to say the least. Hopefully he comes out this season with a little more experience and maturity at the quarterback position for jefferson county's sake.

In addition to being invited to the Invitational Nike Camp from last month,Goins has also recieved invites to the Invitational NUC Ultimate 100 Camp and the Football University(Invitation Only)Camp!!! WAY to GO Anthony!! Way to make the Patriot Family proud, GO PATRIOTS !!!

You can perform well in combines all day long, but until it translates to the field...it means nothing, and from the game i saw last year i was very unimpressed to say the least. Hopefully he comes out this season with a little more experience and maturity at the quarterback position for jefferson county's sake.

"THE DOGS are barking BUT the TRAIN rolls on"

Either Tommytrojan forgot his password and had to make a new screen name or MW posters are very uncreative when it comes to thinking of names. I cant decide which one it is. :o

I did not forget, obviously someone likes my name!! Imitation is the greatest form of flattery :o ! I have seen the Goins kid a couple of times this spring at track meets, and he does look impressive on the track. Personally, I think he is a better track athlete than football player (but I am a track runner only as well). On that thought, why do you guys think not many football players run track? We only have about 5 and Jeff has close to the same number. I would think the two sports go hand in hand.

To answer your question dvp4life, I think he was just recently cleared but I am not 100% on that.

Tommytrojan, to be honest with you I think through the years as each sport becomes so physically specific they have definatly grown apart. I think football has evolved into much of an agility game where you have to be able to move from side to side and have the quick burst where as in track it is just straight speed and the quickest sprinter is not always the fastest. Also, I think total strength is not as important in track as it is football. Now by no means am I a track expert, this is just my observations on each and how I think they have grown seperate as everything becomes more detailed.

It,s my take that track helps the football player with his combine efforts ie; his starts/form and function.Of course running a 40 in the grass and running a 100 or a 200 on the track ARE very different.But a football player can learn alot from a knowledgable track coach..We all have seen the huge importance placed on 40 times and the 20 yard split...when being evaluated by a potential coach(College or Pro)IMO even the BIG BOYS do benefit from some precise instruction on the art of the sprint.I for one would love to see the entire football team out for track.Everyone works on the 100yd dash then the "biggies" go throw the shotput then everyone lifts and then everyone eats!!GO PATRIOTS !!!! dvp4life

Personally, I think he is a better track athlete than football player (but I am a track runner only as well). On that thought, why do you guys think not many football players run track? We only have about 5 and Jeff has close to the same number. I would think the two sports go hand in hand.

It,s my take that track helps the football player with his combine efforts ie; his starts/form and function.Of course running a 40 in the grass and running a 100 or a 200 on the track ARE very different.But a football player can learn alot from a knowledgable track coach..We all have seen the huge importance placed on 40 times and the 20 yard split...when being evaluated by a potential coach(College or Pro)IMO even the BIG BOYS do benefit from some precise instruction on the art of the sprint.I for one would love to see the entire football team out for track.Everyone works on the 100yd dash then the "biggies" go throw the shotput then everyone lifts and then everyone eats!!GO PATRIOTS !!!! dvp4life

I think it should be HIGHLY encouraged for ALL Football players, not participating in Baseball, to run track.

Speed Kills and if you do not work at it, you will not get faster.

I guess your brother is a great cross-dresser. Maybe a family trait you also enjoy. You will not find West fans on here talking aboutour strength or speed numbers. For that matter, not many winners are on here talking about such mindless things. Max benches with spotter "just touching the bar" and quick fingered stop watches for 40 times are not our concern. I find it funny that I heard from a JC assistant himself that Jeff had 3 SEC caliber players, but none had a single offer. The program at Jeff has been in decline since Scooter and Jeff Jennings left. This year will be better because Greenville and William Blount will be down. Sevier Co will still beat you and you will watch the playoffs again.

what makes you think greeneville will be "down" this year?

I would say as usual Bearen will be the toughest upcoming opponent. I dont expect greenville to be down at all unlike others on here. They are usually pretty tough to beat and I would hope they would be with the Niswanger (sp?) money thats poured into the school. Seiverville is right up there with those three and I would say Morristown West will be the fourht toughest game for Jefferson County.