The ALCOA Challenge

SECfighter

As far as the challenge goes....why should Alcoa have to travel anywhere to prove anything. They have done enough to prove they belong with the elite HS programs.

Who cares if they have 37% or whatever ooz players...that is a compliment to the school system...many of those players started in elementary for the academics and happen to still be there and excelling in sports. Bottom line Alcoa has a great school system and a great football program....Ok...that was very hard to admit, but the truth can hurt.

Looking forward to Week 1...Rebels fans are looking forward to your team visiting Shield's Stadium this year.

MHS82(Week 1 Alcoa Hater and closet supporter weeks 2-15)

MHS82 - thanks for the kind words. Likewise here. Strong dislike for the Red Rebs on Alcoa week (hater is such a strong word. Red Rebel fan (no closet here) all the way to the Gold Ball. Good luck this year!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current F5 7v7 schedule is:

14 Jul 4:00 at Oak Ridge

16 Jul 4:00 Smith Co. at Alcoa

17 Jul Passing league at Maryville College

Hope this helps!

Hey GVNX: How about JRSDAD? Is he still around?

Haven't seen him on the boards yet, but I'm sure he will be. JR is poised to have an outstanding season.

MHS82 - thanks for the kind words. Likewise here. Strong dislike for the Red Rebs on Alcoa week (hater is such a strong word. Red Rebel fan (no closet here) all the way to the Gold Ball. Good luck this year!

MHS82, Good post.......and ditto for me what Scots50 said.

Thanks Scots50 for the schedule!

I have heard that Shawn Prevo is going to Alcoa and I have also heard he is practicing at Maryville this week. Anybody know for sure??? I just hope he settles in somewhere and commits to the program. He is a good kid with a lot of potential. I would love to see him in the Red and Black but would definitely cheer for him in the maroon and gray too.

I have heard that Shawn Prevo is going to Alcoa and I have also heard he is practicing at Maryville this week. Anybody know for sure??? I just hope he settles in somewhere and commits to the program. He is a good kid with a lot of potential. I would love to see him in the Red and Black but would definitely cheer for him in the maroon and gray too.

Yea,Rebelron and I know that he will be a special player. Either way..........he will be at a school that will develop him into D1 talent!

MLREB to say 37% of Alcoa players are ooz players is just a lie. Yes we do have ooz kids. We have had them for years. Alcoa has always been one of the better public schools in the state, just like your Rebels. This is why kids for years have gone to these two programs from outside the city limits for years. QUIT CRYING !!!

'

Nope....not a lie and nobody is crying. Just stating the facts as they were presented to me by not one but two ALCOA coaches.

Based on the title of this thread, I am just curious. Is there anyone other than Maryville on Alcoa's schedule that anyone beleives will remotely challenge them? And I will even include the playoffs and possibly title game in this.

Edited by mhs