District 13AA Tournament Bracket

GCPioneer

gcpioneer i was refering to volfan saying that westview felt they had to play that way to have a chance. i just feel that a team with that amount of talent should feel they can beat anybody. your right about the seven or so victories in a row but when you have a scorer like rechis and you dont give her anymore opportunities than that i dont feel its your best chance to win

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gcpioneer i was refering to volfan saying that westview felt they had to play that way to have a chance. i just feel that a team with that amount of talent should feel they can beat anybody. your right about the seven or so victories in a row but when you have a scorer like rechis and you dont give her anymore opportunities than that i dont feel its your best chance to win

I agree. To be honest, I remember Rechis touching the ball very few times. When they were stalling in the first quarter, not the first player even looked towards the basket. Rechis has one of the prettiest shots I've seen, but didn't get to see much of it Wednesday. I agree also that it was a good game plan for WV. I think they beat OC by slowing the game down and keeping OC from runnin' and gunnin' like they can. I have to say to one and all what a pleasure it was to see the number of seniors who were all-academic in the district. I think district 13AA is absolutely loaded with great athletic talent as well as academic excellence. Now that is definitely something to be proud of! ;);)

Westtnsportsfan,

How many times has Martin WV beat Gibson Co. in the past two years...with Rechis on the team? Playing at normal speed? Zero, right? Well, they came very close to winning the game against GC the other night when they slowed it down. They beat OC by slowing it down. Smart coach.

Martin WV could play Gibson Co. 10 times at normal playing speed, and they'd probably lose all 10 games, unless Gibson Co. had an off night shooting. But, slowing down the game kind of evens things out...and might even frustrate the team that likes to get up and down the court.

Randy Frazier made a living off of slowinig down the game at Gleason.

On a total and complete sidenote...UTM Women finished 4th in the OVC and get to host their first round game of the conference tournament. What a turnaround from the past couple seasons. Just to think Coach Kevin McMillan did with only 6 girls getting quality playing time and with the talent he has. He should get OVC Coach of the Year because I am pretty sure they were picked to finish last and no one thought they would do this well his first season. They are going to be loaded next season with the Gibson Co big 3, Glenn, and the other 6 or 7 he signed in the 2010 class!! :roflol:

On a total and complete sidenote...UTM Women finished 4th in the OVC and get to host their first round game of the conference tournament. What a turnaround from the past couple seasons. Just to think Coach Kevin McMillan did with only 6 girls getting quality playing time and with the talent he has. He should get OVC Coach of the Year because I am pretty sure they were picked to finish last and no one thought they would do this well his first season. They are going to be loaded next season with the Gibson Co big 3, Glenn, and the other 6 or 7 he signed in the 2010 class!! :roflol:

sportslover, I agree completely! You have the Gibson trio that includes AA Ms. Basketball finalist Heather Butler, Perica Glenn from Milan who is a great player, Jasmine James from Millington who is the absolute real deal and is a Ms. Basketball finalist in AAA, the girl from Ohio and from what I'm hearing on her is that she's Amber Rechis all over again, Beth Hawn from Forrest who is a class A Ms. Basketball finalist and many other great players coming in. You also got to remember that Weatherly will most likely be back next year as well as maybe Labrica Ward and a couple of this years players. Things are about to get real exciting for UT-Martin women's basketball! Congrats to Coach McMillan and the team on doing what they have done thus far! Sorry I got on a soap box on UT-Martin on a 13AA thread, however it does consist of 13AA players. :huh:

Hater, GC and sportslover...

UTM fans should be very excited about their program....What McMillan has done with that team this year is almost a miracle....

Very bright future for that program and the young ladies he recruited....It will be interesting to see how he does recruiting the next couple of years, there are some fine players from not only West Tennessee but Western Kentucky coming up...It will also be interesting how much of an impact his recruiting has on the area's small colleges like Union....

On a total and complete sidenote...UTM Women finished 4th in the OVC and get to host their first round game of the conference tournament. What a turnaround from the past couple seasons. Just to think Coach Kevin McMillan did with only 6 girls getting quality playing time and with the talent he has. He should get OVC Coach of the Year because I am pretty sure they were picked to finish last and no one thought they would do this well his first season. They are going to be loaded next season with the Gibson Co big 3, Glenn, and the other 6 or 7 he signed in the 2010 class!! :thumb:

sportslover, I agree completely! You have the Gibson trio that includes AA Ms. Basketball finalist Heather Butler, Perica Glenn from Milan who is a great player, Jasmine James from Millington who is the absolute real deal and is a Ms. Basketball finalist in AAA, the girl from Ohio and from what I'm hearing on her is that she's Amber Rechis all over again, Beth Hawn from Forrest who is a class A Ms. Basketball finalist and many other great players coming in. You also got to remember that Weatherly will most likely be back next year as well as maybe Labrica Ward and a couple of this years players. Things are about to get real exciting for UT-Martin women's basketball! Congrats to Coach McMillan and the team on doing what they have done thus far! Sorry I got on a soap box on UT-Martin on a 13AA thread, however it does consist of 13AA players. :thumb:

UTM basketball is going to be very exciting to watch over the next few years. I think you can pretty much guarantee that Weatherly, Lyles, Ward, and Cupples will all be back and on full scholarship. Wright, could be, but that depends on how many scholarships he has (15, I believe). It will be interesting to see how he works it all out, but regardless of who he keeps, they will be very good next year under him as coach.