District 14 A Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final....

Humboldt - 55

Union City - 49

Humboldt will host Clarksburg Friday night....

Union City will host Huntingdon Friday night....

The big run in the game happened in the second quarter...Union City had just taken a 16-14 lead on three Antonio Cox free throws but then saw the Vikings outscore them 12-0 to take a 26-16 lead...After Humboldt had taken a 28-18, UC did make a run that started at the end the half and extended into the early portion of the 3rd qtr....UC outscored the Vikes 7-0 to cut the lead to 28-25...Humboldt then took control again on the boards and the Tornadoes only threatened near the 4 min mark of the 4th quarter when the score was 49-44 on 7 quick points by LaMarcus Allen..Union City had possession of the ball at that point but couldn't get a shot to fall...

All District Team....

Bradford....J. Williams

Halls.....H. Belton.....Q. Smith

Union City....T. Stewart....A. Cox.....J. Battee

Humboldt....A. Brooks....Bryson....Q. Campbell

Peabody.....S. Williams

Greenfield....W. Clark

Lake County.....R. Tyler....P. Robertson

South Fulton....J. Avent

MVP...

Humboldt....Darren Dunbar

Coach of the Year....

Union City...Shane Sisco

The Region bracket will look like this :

Games will be played Friday night

#4(13A) Clarksburg

@ #1(14A) Humboldt

#3(14A) Trenton Peabody

@ #2(13A)Big Sandy

#4(14A) Lake County

@ #1(13A)West Carroll

#3(13A) Huntingdon

@ #2(14A) Union City

The winner of the championship game between Union City and Humboldt stays away from a possible do-or-die region semi match-up with Lake County and possibly West Carroll if their seeding holds out and they win their district tournament....

I'm pretty sure I heard the P.A announcer at Peabody say that Lake County would be on the road to Big Sandy, which means BS upset West Carroll in the finals tonight....

*Edit*...Fixed this post...West Carroll beat Big Sandy last night....

Any night Sisco loses is a good night. Congrats to the Vikings. Bigster, call your contacts...Rumor has it C. Taylor has been removed from the team!

I wouldnt doubt it a bit..I believe he's in in ISP more than he has been to practice..Not showing up for Sat morning session school..Has been held out of about 5 games that he could have played.Then against Trenton the other day,I believe he was unhappy at Whitby. I heard he was mad because he thought he was open and Rafael wouldnt pass the ball and because Whitby took him out of the game with 4 fouls...I do know after the game when players were lining up to shake hands ,he was already walking off the floor and I saw someone from the Lake Co side from what I gather requesting him to go line up.I saw him walk back over there but still stayed off to the side..really didn't shake hands like the other players.II should know something in about 3 hours for sure..But again..wouldnt be surprised..If that's the case..Lake Co is very small and will be quick but wont have the height to really do much because they aren't as good a shooting team as Union City..If Taylor isn't playing..don't believe they will beat West Carrol unless all the fans picket outside the judge's house and pleads for him to have a change of heart about Swift...lol..Looks like the boys are through more than likely..Just another promising year gone by the way side.!

I did just receive a phone call from my Uncle that lives in Lake Co asking if I knew that Cody had been kicked off..I told him I'd heard the rumour.He said it was basically the samre thing I had posted..Whitby was tired of his antics.I had forgot about another incident that happened in the game but believe it was in fun..at least according to Taylor.Lake Co has loose shorts.Several times the players have had to leave becaus etheir pants looked like they were about to fall off..Cody has been called for it a few times this year..During the Trenton game,Cody was called for a foul..for backing into a smaller player under the basket..Had the other player been Bryson..never would have been called..But with Cody being a big guy and this guy about 5'8 and looked like he was hit hard enough to be knocked in the stands and he was not pleased to be called for a charge..Then moments later the same official wanted him to go to the bench for his pants..Cody pulled them up and tried to stay on the court..The official wouldn't allow that and wanted him to go to the bench and re-enter..While Cody was still on the court in front of Whitby and the official..Cody pulled his shorts all the way up to his underarms..in a mocking show..like kids do when they are young and being silly...Whitby didn't like that and when Cody went to the bench,I believe he pulled his shoes off....I knew Cody Taylor was suppose to be eligible after Christmas..Thought with him in the lineup with his size..Lake Co would be a state contender..Then when I saw Swift,who I knew nothing about but could see he had a better overall game..thought Lake Co went to one of the favorites.Then Swift got in trouble during New Years..didnt think he would play..was put on house arrest but they gave him a chance..scored about 22 points and 20 rebounds against Union City..21 points and maybe 12 rebounds against Greenfield in limited minutes..Could see the potential but then Swift was out without being with a parent or Coach Whitby..now the Cody Taylor dealings..I've had about 4 of my friends tell me the other night that they were ready for thr boys season to be over.Was tired of Whitby not playing the starters..messing around too much..been grumblings all year..really for the past 4 or 5 years..The players not doing right..Not playing as a team..too selfish..They they werent going to Big Sandy or West Carrol..And that was before any of this..Had the Swift mess not happened ,and Lake Co maybe not be losing..doubt any of this would be happening..I guess I'll go ahead and drive to West Carrol..Support the players that are out there..At least get to see Thomas Greer..Looks like it could be the boys last game.!

I really had the West Carrol-Lake Co game as a close game..Was thinking Lake Co by about 5 to 8 points since it's at West Carrol..Figure Greer will get his points and West Carrol may get some points outside..Now if Cody Taylor isnt playing..going with West carrol by 5 points..So unless Cody Taylor goes an talks to Whitby or some of the other players talk to Whitby trying to get the coach to let him play..Think Lake Co will be the only team from District 14 A to not advance !

Bigster.I heard about the same as to what you posted.I got a call from a player about 5 minutes telling me me that Cody wasn't on the team.I told him I had already read about it.He said he didnt know how anyone knew because they had a meeting with Whitby today.Anyway,He basically told me that Whitby talked to him and told him if he didnt straighten up ,he was going to kick him off the team.Said Cody told him to do what he wanted because he wasnt getting the ball anyway .Said Rafael is always controlling and shooting the ball when other players are open.Will only pass when he just has to.Said Cody told him you don't ever say anything to Rafael.Said a lot of the players don't really like playing with Rafael.I was told this from a player.So Bigster.,looks like you had it pretty well pegged.!You da man !