District 14 A Championship

I do want to chime in about something else.I sit in the stands and every game is about Lake Co needs to do something about the Coach.Every game.I hear it from white and black.Some of the players that have played for him at Lake Co.I know he's suppose to be a legend but like Speller and some others have said.Not at Lake Co.He may start the 3rd string against West Carrol.Nothing nobody can do because he's the coach.But if a fan pays 5 bucks to go to a game and the time and gas for driving.shouldnt they be entitled to the best players on the floor.May could argue that maybe he thinks a player may be better than another..Then that player should start.I believe Lake Co has had 13 players start a game this year.If Lake Co has that much talent,they shouldnt lose a game.And if the school board or whoever has the authority to do something doesn't ,if they are elected by the voters.Maybe they need to be voted out.If I dont do my job.I doubt I'll stay on.If the principal isn't doing a good job,why do you need that person?.If you go to a ball game and you went to see LeBron James,doubt the Cleveland fans want to see a player off the bench.If you go to a Christmas parade,kids want to see Santa.They don't want to see one of his little elves.That's all I have to say.Doubt it'll do any good.I have heard different stories about Whitby floating around.That he has already been told he won't be back.Have also heard as long as the school officials are there,he can stay as long as he likes.Something needs to be done.That's all I have to say!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigster....

Looks to me like you guys would have been better off without those two to begin with....They have caused a bunch of problems....

I agree with you purple everybody wants to blame coach Whitby and some of it maybe his fault but when are the fans going to whole the young men accountable. I think they are much better off without those two because every since they been at Lake county they have brought nothing but bad publicity. I've watched Lake county play a couple times this year and they don't play as a team and can be very good if they did. They are more concerned about points and taking fancy shots, I agree with Cody Taylor that rafeal doesn't pass the ball as a point guard should. CT touched the ball about 6 times against HUmboldt and wasn't a factor on offence even though he's 6'6 and has good offensive skills from what I saw. So, let's not put all the blame on the coach. & mrbigster let's be more concerned about a kid (swift) getting his life straight instead of wanting a judge to let him slide in order to play basketball. You should be more concerned about him getting a education and being successful in life because that's what will count in the long run.

I really had the West Carrol-Lake Co game as a close game..Was thinking Lake Co by about 5 to 8 points since it's at West Carrol..Figure Greer will get his points and West Carrol may get some points outside..Now if Cody Taylor isnt playing..going with West carrol by 5 points..So unless Cody Taylor goes an talks to Whitby or some of the other players talk to Whitby trying to get the coach to let him play..Think Lake Co will be the only team from District 14 A to not advance !

LOL, you don't even have faith in your own team but I think LC will still win by 10 without taylor and 20 with him if they play as a team. LC-72 WC-62

bigster....

Looks to me like you guys would have been better off without those two to begin with....They have caused a bunch of problems....

I agree with you purple everybody wants to blame coach Whitby and some of it maybe his fault but when are the fans going to whole the young men accountable. I think they are much better off without those two because every since they been at Lake county they have brought nothing but bad publicity. I've watched Lake county play a couple times this year and they don't play as a team and can be very good if they did. They are more concerned about points and taking fancy shots, I agree with Cody Taylor that rafeal doesn't pass the ball as a point guard should. CT touched the ball about 6 times against HUmboldt and wasn't a factor on offence even though he's 6'6 and has good offensive skills from what I saw. So, let's not put all the blame on the coach. & mrbigster let's be more concerned about a kid (swift) getting his life straight instead of wanting a judge to let him slide in order to play basketball. You should be more concerned about him getting a education and being successful in life because that's what will count in the long run.

I guess you didnt read into the sarcasm at that sentence..That's why I put lol at the end od the sentence because I know it won't happen.For one..he should have not gotten in trouble..They gave him a chance and he blew it..Nobody's fault but his own.Had he not done anything to begin with..doubt very seriously any of this stuff would be going on because Lake Co more than likely would be winning and winning sems to cure a lot of things.Hopefully Swift will go to bootcamp and he'll come back to school and next year do what's expected.

And as far as coach Whitby..Dont think Falcon fan was blaming Coach for the misbehavior of the players.

I've heard the grumblings the past several seasons and Lake Co has been winning.Fans just dont think he is doing any coaching.Most think he is just sitting there.Doesnt say anything to the officials.lets the players take terrible shots,like you just pointed out..Do you thinl Sisco would let Rafael play that way?You know as well as all the Lake Co fans that Rafael had two easy layups against Humboldt but slowed down to draw a foul instead of just getting the sure two points.But nothing wa said.I've seen several games the past few seasons that Lake Co has had a 2 point lead and the ball with seconds left and lose.Trenton was down by 3 points with 7 seconds to play this year.You know they need a 3..Do you foul..Even if they score both free throws..still a 1 point lead and the ball..Guess what?No timeout.let them shoot a 3 and go to overtime and win.Same with Union City and M.J. Brown.That what Wild falcon and others are talking about..And going to a game ..drive an hour and a half to get to Gleason and pay money to get in and the third string is starting.Get the lead first and then play the whole team if the game dictates that.

I really had the West Carrol-Lake Co game as a close game..Was thinking Lake Co by about 5 to 8 points since it's at West Carrol..Figure Greer will get his points and West Carrol may get some points outside..Now if Cody Taylor isnt playing..going with West carrol by 5 points..So unless Cody Taylor goes an talks to Whitby or some of the other players talk to Whitby trying to get the coach to let him play..Think Lake Co will be the only team from District 14 A to not advance !

LOL, you don't even have faith in your own team but I think LC will still win by 10 without taylor and 20 with him if they play as a team. LC-72 WC-62

I think Lake Co can win..They're quick but still smaller..Not sure which team is going to show up.And who will even be starting.West Carrol may not be as good as Union City and we gave Union City a decent game without either of them.But West Carrol may be better also.I havent seen them.But I did see Thomas Greer a couple years ago when Russel Avery and Lake Co played them.Russel had his way as did Lake Co but I saw the potential in Greer..And two years older..believe he could be a load to handle..And I agree with you and Wildfalcon.Too much selfish play.

bigster....

I guess you didnt read into the sarcasm at that sentence..That's why I put lol at the end od the sentence because I know it won't happen.For one..he should have not gotten in trouble..They gave him a chance and he blew it..Nobody's fault but his own.Had he not done anything to begin with..doubt very seriously any of this stuff would be going on because Lake Co more than likely would be winning and winning sems to cure a lot of things.Hopefully Swift will go to bootcamp and he'll come back to school and next year do what's expected.

Well, thanks for clarifying that but Swift hopefully do the right thing and be able play next season because you hate to see a kid throw his life away after being given numerous chances. I would love to see him play again because Humboldt will be loaded again with the middle school state champions added to a team that loses only one starting senior(Dunbar)

Humboldt is in the same talent cycle Union City was in prior to this season and last....There is NO reason Humboldt shouldn't win a state title soon..NONE...

A very good middle school team at Humboldt..But you also know Lake Co had a good middle school team also..But also on the high school team,Ricky Boyd,Rafael Tyler,Caleb Bledsoe are all sophomores and Devon Jones is a freshman..And if Swift does come back,another sophomore,will be very good.

bigster....

Probably so..as far as team unity but with those two players..just talking fron a basketball as far as talent wise..Had a chance to win it all..I thought a great chance.Now..about a 10 percent chance.But they didn't do what they should have done..People are upset.Like I said.I've already had the guys that usually go to the games with me,say they werent going.I just got a text with another guy about 5 minutes ago.Not one of the guys that go with me.He just heard about Taylor..Here is his comment..Kinda funny in a way.Word for Word.." It doesn't matter .One more game and it's over.I'm 4 the girls,who gives a d.... about that sorry boys team anymore.they are through.c u thurs night..lol..Ithought it was funny..That's the second post I got like that.Got one the other day after losing to Trenton..lol..Like I said..Winning cures a lot of stuff..May not be many fans at West Carrol Friday night.I guess I'll save those comments on my cell phone in case we happen to win..and give me a big smile..!