Henry County Football

West TN football

Don't be a jackass I was simply pointing that out for everyone else's benefit...

You shouldn't use that language on CoachT! If you were just pointing it out for everyone else's benefit you would have just said " If everyone will notice that's not the same screen name..." and not replied to my message at all.

Excuse me for not having proper message board etiquette. I will try to do better in the future.

I was just kidding around with you!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To have just named a new coach, I am amazed at the tone of this thread. Where is the excitement? What is wrong with all of you? What's going on within the program? How has the staff been organized? What is happening with the current staff members? Who are the new ones? Have staff assignments been made yet? When is spring practice? How have the players responded to Coach Counce? Why is this thread so dead at a time one would expect it to be unusually active for this time of year?

I have respect for Counce...However, Ward is 41...played under Tucker....All American at Lambuth...coached under Coady.....took Camden from a homecoming team to a very good program.

I have to believe HC will regret this move in a couple of years.

I AGREE 100%

Ward will continue to win games at Camden Central and go unnoticed and the next time a premiere job in West-TN opens (ie Milan) he will get hired. Counce will be a short term fix at Henry County and by the time he is finished they will be finished as far as being a contender goes. The Patriots just had their run. Now look for them to return to mediocrity..........if Counce can get them out of the 1st Round that is :thumb:

To have just named a new coach, I am amazed at the tone of this thread. Where is the excitement? What is wrong with all of you? What's going on within the program? How has the staff been organized? What is happening with the current staff members? Who are the new ones? Have staff assignments been made yet? When is spring practice? How have the players responded to Coach Counce? Why is this thread so dead at a time one would expect it to be unusually active for this time of year?

I have no dog in this fight but i am a West Tn fan and like to see all of West tn do well! Be around the game for many,many years. I hate to see a coach have a fork stuck in him before his tenor even begins! Like him or not don't throw him to the dogs just yet! Good luck to Coach Counce and his staff and HC this up coming season! I agree with u Red Warrior seem no one is giving the new coach a chance! :hungry:

RW

may have been a little anticlimatic since most that follow program knew what the result was going to be. I am ready for Pats to hit the field and Coaches to do their thing. :hungry:

As far as threads are concerned. :thumb: It is slow State wide. 2 active threads since sunrise!!!! Everybody must be in dormancy. :thumb:

Well a little controversy stirring already with the new coach. Here it is baseball season and the coach is already telling a freshman football/baseball player not to throw any curveballs even though he is a pitcher and its in the middle of the season.

This type of issue has been going on for a number of years. At least here in HenryLand but guessing happens other places too.

RW

may have been a little anticlimatic since most that follow program knew what the result was going to be. I am ready for Pats to hit the field and Coaches to do their thing. :thumb:

As far as threads are concerned. :D It is slow State wide. 2 active threads since sunrise!!!! Everybody must be in dormancy. :D

Well wingman you are correct it is slow state wide because it is not football season. RW has only one goal. He wants to start problems. He says he is in it for the current assistants but there are several of us that believe this to be different. I'm sure Coach Counce is meeting with all the assistants and starting to plan for the upcoming spring practice. The players will respond just fine to Coach Counce. I'm sure some of them will be skeptical at first but once they see he is there for them they will get on board. The problem is with people such as the retired (cough cough :thumb: ) RW. He thinks that Coach Counce is going to eat the old assistants. :hungry:

There is excitement RW! There is excitement for the Patriots to continue being a power in West Tennessee and make our move to Cookeville! Get on board or STAY AT THE LAKE AND OFFICIALLY RETIRE!

Well a little controversy stirring already with the new coach. Here it is baseball season and the coach is already telling a freshman football/baseball player not to throw any curveballs even though he is a pitcher and its in the middle of the season.

This type of issue has been going on for a number of years. At least here in HenryLand but guessing happens other places too.

Yeah I know, and I am really a supporter of Counce. He was coaching here when I was in high school. I just say he needs to support the other sports as well as his sport gets supported. Who knows at this age which sport may carry this kid to college. The kids future should be just the most important thing.