Region 6A!! Can they make it 6 State Tourneys in a

thenomad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this game to be lots of fun to watch. Both the Rice boys and Tucker and Mercer of PC are gamers.....these kids live for these kinds of games where everything is on the line and I expect them all to raise their level of play tonight. Tonight will come down to how many of the other players on both teams raise their level of play to match these guys.

I see this game coming down to whether on not Wayne County can control the post with Tyler Dixon and whether or not he and Caleb Keating get into foul trouble or not.....also T. Rice is gonna have to shoot better than he did the other night versus Culleoka because he was throwing up air balls more than I've ever seen him do before......this game will be like the Summertown-Perry County game the other night for the district championship, coming down to a last second shot....

I see this game coming down to whether on not Wayne County can control the post with Tyler Dixon and whether or not he and Caleb Keating get into foul trouble or not.....also T. Rice is gonna have to shoot better than he did the other night versus Culleoka because he was throwing up air balls more than I've ever seen him do before......this game will be like the Summertown-Perry County game the other night for the district championship, coming down to a last second shot....

this is a odd game because last year wayne county and perry county played at mount pleasent in the district tourney last year and it came down to a last second 3 by t. rice to win the game so it should be a great game.. and oh by the way wayne countys fans will be there it should be crazy :wacko:

If i remember correctly A. Rice made that 3 to win the game last year, This will come to the wire PC and WC fans should be in full force, I think PC will come out to play should be one of the best games seen in a while!

Yeah correct....it was Austin who hit the game winner, not Tyler. It's gonna be a fun night!!!

If i remember correctly A. Rice made that 3 to win the game last year, This will come to the wire PC and WC fans should be in full force, I think PC will come out to play should be one of the best games seen in a while!

I think WC is due this game. This one counts the others didn't. WC's downfall could be lack of self control. WC has too many players getting repeated Ts. This should not happen. I can see it every now and then but not every game. If WC plays under control they win.

First let me say that I agree with Hooplove and his posts. These kids on both sides are gamers. I have known Tyler for a couple of years and even had a chance to coach him, and people take him the wrong way. A lot of things he and Austin do is overblown because he has had a bullseye on his back because of his visibility. He has confidence on the floor or field, but successful players have to have that swagger. Off the field he is very reserved, even to the point of being shy and bashful. But he is a great kid. Let me say also that all of the coaches involved are competitors as well. Generally, the people who poor mouth players and coaches are fans of the opposing team. I'm sure Trotter, Franks, and Lee have many people who do not like them because they only see them on the sidelines, but all three are great individuals.

Now about the games, I haven't seen Mt. Pleasant play, but I think Summertown will have a solid gameplan. If Mt. Pleasant can't score in half-court, Trotter will go zone defensively and slow the game down to a crawl on offense by spreading the court and letting Bubba Clifton take over. Perry County and Wayne County is anybody's guess. There is one intangible that nobody is discussing. This is the first time the Vikings have been the hunted and Wayne County the hunter. How will the teams respond to this role? The Wildcats have heard for a week that they don't have a chance and the Vikes have been getting pats on the backs. This should be a great game that is decided in the fourth quarter by who plays looser yet plays under control. Good luck to everyone.

Yeah, Trotter may go to a zone in that case against Mt. Pleasant. Conversely thinking, why isn't anybody going to a zone or preferably a sunken man to man with good help on the dribble drive against S'town. They're guards are streaky shooters (yes, one or two of them can get hot occasionally....aka streaky), but both WC and PC let S'town spread them out while Clifton drove to the hole to score, get fouled, or dish for an easy one. It beat WC and PC almost lost also. I would set back in a man to man with great help, don't bail them out with a foul, and get a hand in the shooters' faces.....but def would not extend out and guard Clifton at halfcourt. He can blow by most defenders and get to the bucket. Guard the bucket for crying out loud!