Region 4-AAA Tourney

MidTennFootball

Will all of the central kids go to Oakland Middle? What about the central coach?

I personally hope not (sorry I was thinking football) Centrals current basketball coach is going to Buchanan Middle.!! Since that school is opening also, new zoning lines were drawn so all CMS kids will not be going to OMS

I hate to burst your bubble here but you have been misinformed. Hooper has infact been placed at Buchanan Middle as a teacher but has not been hired as the basketball coach. You will find that out this coming week as the new administrators begin their hirings on March 1.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will all of the central kids go to Oakland Middle? What about the central coach?

I personally hope not (sorry I was thinking football) Centrals current basketball coach is going to Buchanan Middle.!! Since that school is opening also, new zoning lines were drawn so all CMS kids will not be going to OMS

I hate to burst your bubble here but you have been misinformed. Hooper has infact been placed at Buchanan Middle as a teacher but has not been hired as the basketball coach. You will find that out this coming week as the new administrators begin their hirings on March 1.

Bubble not bursted. I never said he was coaching. He only told me that he was teaching and unsure about the coaching at that point.

I think Wright should be looking for someone who can prepare the Oakland Middle kids to transition into Oakland High. So many middle school kids get into High school and don't know how to truely play the game. Ask any of the freshmen coaches around the area. The first few months are spent fixing the poor habits and incorrect coaching the players got in middle school.

Well as mjl4e said, Wright is going to get sayso over who takes over, so I imagine somebody who fits the mold of what Oakland likes to do.

I seriously doubt Wright has any sayso in who gets the middle school coaching job. Hes just a coach at the high school. Unless the new principal at the middle school asks for his input or Gill does, he won't have any input.

2 very good match-ups:

Columbia vs. Oakland

Lawrence Co. vs Seigal

Columbia made some key adjustments from the district tourney lost and looked really good Saturday. There defensive intensity was sky high and James English is finally showing he can score @ will and lead his team. Oakland is a very strong discipline team. J.Hughes is as good as they come and has a very good supporting cast to go alone with him. Really looking forward to this game...Im saying Columbia will break the string of letting Oakland send them home for the year....Columbia 57 55

Lawrence Co is clicking on all aspects of the game right now, lights out shooting, great defense, great coaching. Garland is playing mvp basketball and leading his team. Seigal on the other hand is not @ 100% and hearing that Hammonds has been a non-factor since returning. They are still a very good ball club that can give Lawrence Co. fits with there size! But im gonna have to go with the hot hand...Lawrence Co. 60 52

Just my opinion fellas...whats yours???

I feel pretty good about this matchup for Oakland. The last few years Oakland has shown that if you can be patient on offense, and maintain discipline, Columbia is beatable. With that said, Columbia came away with a very impressive win over Riverdale, where they overwhelmed the Warriors. Oakland has 4 guys that can run the point and maintain a steady hand in the face of the Columbia defense.

Coupled with that fact and the emergence of Kody Brown, i liked Oakland in this matchup, but I am not going to say who or how much, Columbia threw my prediction to the way side last week. I really look forward to 2 great games.

Yes oakland is very impressive, when I seen them earlier this season Brown was a non-factor but I seen here lately he has been playing good basketball. Looking forward to a great game, Really feel and taking nothing away from the other 2 teams, that the winner of this game will host the sub-state sat! TOURNEY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Wright should be looking for someone who can prepare the Oakland Middle kids to transition into Oakland High. So many middle school kids get into High school and don't know how to truely play the game. Ask any of the freshmen coaches around the area. The first few months are spent fixing the poor habits and incorrect coaching the players got in middle school.

Well as mjl4e said, Wright is going to get sayso over who takes over, so I imagine somebody who fits the mold of what Oakland likes to do.

I seriously doubt Wright has any sayso in who gets the middle school coaching job. Hes just a coach at the high school. Unless the new principal at the middle school asks for his input or Gill does, he won't have any input.

Agreed I seriously doubt he has any say so in who the new Oakland middle coach is and the Oakland Middle coach needs to be allowe dto run the program the way he wants to.

Predictions

Oaklnd 60

Columbia 50

Siegel 65

LC 58

Yes oakland is very impressive, when I seen them earlier this season Brown was a non-factor but I seen here lately he has been playing good basketball. Looking forward to a great game, Really feel and taking nothing away from the other 2 teams, that the winner of this game will host the sub-state sat! TOURNEY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Difference with Kody is he has the confidence now. Confidence can be a funny thing, once its there, the whole potential of your game comes out. With Kody on a roll, it makes Oakland a more balanced team and even tougher down the stretch. Jamal only got 15 points against FC saturday and only 4 at halftime, so Oakland built the lead on the strength of Kody's stellar inside-outside play. Another guy to look out for, Christian Adams. Came up big last year against Columbia with his outside shooting and should Oakland win tonight, will have to play another big role again.

As far as hosting a sectional, as long as Oakland is in the final 16, I do not care where it is at. Not many people expected Oakland to be at this point, being picked 5th in the district, pre-season. I am proud of these guys no matter how tonight shakes out.