Thrown games?

seriously

I just wish a coach would actually admit that they have done it. I think it would be great if like a team showed up and stood beside the coach the whole game and lost like 98-0. Now that would be some good humor. One day TSSAA might make the necessary change to make the consolation mean something if this were to happen a great deal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed a girls game a few years back where a coach was trying to avoid playing Shelbyville girls and was holding the ball four points behind. The other coach finally decided they could play the same game and went out and fouled with a lead. That was a strange situtation. I don't know what we teach young people by throwing games. Does the end justify the means?

I just wish a coach would actually admit that they have done it. I think it would be great if like a team showed up and stood beside the coach the whole game and lost like 98-0. Now that would be some good humor. One day TSSAA might make the necessary change to make the consolation mean something if this were to happen a great deal.

Or the other team sees what's happening and decides they don't want to win either and just stay out front and dribble the whole game with no pressure..Finish 0-0..Go to overtime..and after a lot of overtimes..the officials call the game...lol..

I witnessed a girls game a few years back where a coach was trying to avoid playing Shelbyville girls and was holding the ball four points behind. The other coach finally decided they could play the same game and went out and fouled with a lead. That was a strange situtation. I don't know what we teach young people by throwing games. Does the end justify the means?

Wow..Thats' unreal...lol

Or the other team sees what's happening and decides they don't want to win either and just stay out front and dribble the whole game with no pressure..Finish 0-0..Go to overtime..and after a lot of overtimes..the officials call the game...lol..

Wouldn't happen, eventually one team would score on the wrong basket...lol

I'm with Paris Riverrat..No matter what people think..they are doing what the TSSAA allows them to do..Whether people think they threw the game..how does anyone know that Fussell didn't sprain her ankle..Could have tripped over something in the locker room.It does smell like a rat but I doubt he's tell his team intentionally to lose..So maybe he thought about they had a better chance to lose if she wasn't playing..Also..kinda like the Colts or Saints..maybe he rested her to keep her from getting hurt..Like Riverrat said..may not be the most ethical thing to do but let's say Central makes the State tournament..Can't win it if you're not there..And if they somehow did win it..I doubt those girls could care less how a bunch of people felt if they won the State.A lot of people may think he's the smartest coach around..!

Wouldn't happen, eventually one team would score on the wrong basket...lol

It would end up like the South Park episode where Cartman and his crew didn't want to play baseball anymore and neither did the teams they were playing..Both teams were doing everything they could to lose the games....

I doubt it broke his (LaRue's) heart that his team lost the game....But....I doubt he was overjoyed about it...

Facts are facts....

She has been hurt all year....

She's been wearing a boot.....

The Haywood game wasn't do-or-die....

They need her more tonight than last Wednesday night....

The tournament system in Tennessee is a watered down joke...

Do you really think the guy intentionally lost that game on his own home court in front of his own fans, a new coach ??...Do you think he told his team to go out there and lose, you know, go against everything in the world you as a coach have tried to instill in your team and not play hard, not play to win ??...Is that what you are saying ??...Do you think he discussed this with AD Tommy Victory and they concocted this scheme ??...You think he just lied on the record ??.....It's not going to be a cake-walk to go down to Lexington and win the game...It's a VERY big gamble...HUGE gamble...I'd like to hear from redbirdfan and VOREBS on this thing...

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate ;) on this thing here....Trying not to jump to conclusions with both feet, like some have already.....

Personally, I'm not for throwing games...I don't think anything good comes from losing....It's not right to do it...You play to win the game... ;) ....I wouldn't be happy at all if I had a kid playing for a coach that would do it....Remember folks, he is at a place where it's not unheard of someone coming up to you at any sporting event and getting in your face about anything.... ;) ..Seen it happen...

A couple questions...What would you guys say if OC went ahead and won the state championship ??...Would you guys be calling for his head ??..Contacting the T.$.$.A.A and hope it starts an investigation ??...Or would you be saying what a great coaching move that was to "throw" the game as some of ya'll have put it ??....

Remember, Devil's Advocate......

I have to say "job well done" to the athletic trainer at Obion County. To get a player ready to play the whole game after being too injured to play in the previous game is nothing short of a miricle. He/she is worth alot more money than he/she is being paid.

Tonight also showed that you can cuss out your coach and still get to play in the biggest game of the year to date. Not enough real grapefruits shown by the administration at OCC or the coach.

With all that being said, Fussell is a great player. She is one of the finest I have seen this season. There is absolutely no denying that. She is a great shooter and can handle the rock.

However, I think that she over reacts when she is fouled. Throwing yourself to the floor (and one time doing a complete flip tonight) was a bit over the top. You can tell she went to the "Steve Patterson School of Flopping"!

I have to say "job well done" to the athletic trainer at Obion County. To get a player ready to play the whole game after being too injured to play in the previous game is nothing short of a miricle. He/she is worth alot more money than he/she is being paid.

Tonight also showed that you can cuss out your coach and still get to play in the biggest game of the year to date. Not enough real grapefruits shown by the administration at OCC or the coach.

With all that being said, Fussell is a great player. She is one of the finest I have seen this season. There is absolutely no denying that. She is a great shooter and can handle the rock.

However, I think that she over reacts when she is fouled. Throwing yourself to the floor (and one time doing a complete flip tonight) was a bit over the top. You can tell she went to the "Steve Patterson School of Flopping"!

;) ..Grapefruits are pretty big.....