Region 7AA Tournament

LetMeHearYA

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Stephenson when asked about playing Obion Central.....

"Well, they wanted us...So I guess we'll see what they get."..... ;)

Yeah I heard that too on the radio coming back from the Gibson Co. game. Should be a good game. I still think WV will come out on top. We will see. :o

:o ...Yeah....

Central will have to make Westview run, not let them dictate tempo like they did at Troy the other night...Maybe playing in the Lexington gym already will help the Lady Rebels...

4 legit state title contenders and 2 will be going home on Monday night. Gibson Co. played Bolivar earlier in the year WITHOUT Matrieka Minter. We won by 31 and that was at GC. Bolivar has GREAT guard player, however we really dominated them in the post as Griffin had her way in that game. I didn't get to watch last nights game with McNairy Central as I went to the UT/Kentucky game today, however I heard we shot the ball extremely well! Butler is really starting to tear things up here lately and looks to be going out with a bang in her Senior season!

O.K. so, Gibson County beats Bolivar in one semi-final....

Westview - Obion Central Rd V....

With all the talk about throwing games, player suspensions and other distracting subjects connected to this game, one thing is being missed....After these two play this game, one of the best players in the state is going to finish out their high school careers...Amber Rechis of Westview, who has maybe the prettiest step back jumper I've seen and Chassidy Fussell of Obion Central, who is probably the best high school player from around this area I've seen....Westview has started slowing games down lately and it is obviously not the way Obion Central wants to play....OC wants to run and gun and get Fussell and Wright out in the open for easy transition buckets...We'll see which team takes advantage of the "blown game" talk..Will Westview take it as a big lack of respect issue ??...Westview coach Sean Stephenson has already alluded to that in his post game interview on WCMT Friday night...Or, will Lady Rebel coach Lyle LaRue and his team take it as a lack of respect by people questioning his and his team's integrity ??...The past games saw Obion Central blow out Westview at Troy, Westview win a close game at Martin, OC lead from tip to final buzzer in another game at Martin and Westview do the same in the district semis at Troy...2-2 with wins on each others home court....Now, Rd. V on a neutral court in a win or go home game...Should be a BARNBURNER !!...

I'm going with Obion Central by 3....

I've said it before and I'll state it again when it comes down to Westview vs. Obion Central for the fifth time this season.. 1 can't beat 5. Other players for OC must step up in order for the Lady Rebs to survive and advance. Westview is too good of a team and play good defense in the half court for just one player to shoot all the time. Again- if OC puts on a display like they did at Gibson Co. earlier in the season- it'll be interesting to watch. If not , da View maybe making a return run to da BORO!

Since I see OC most of the time- I hope they play well and put themselves in a position to win it at the end. But as I've always stated, especially this time of the season, the best team will win, the one who executes the best will move on..

Getcha POPCORN READY!! :D

As I said in the 13AA thread, the Westview/Obion outcome will come down to who other than Rechis for Westview and Fussell for Obion scores for their respective teams. I think for both teams to be effective they have to move the ball up and down the floor. Although I think that style of game favors Obion more. Westview's defense is pretty good and could prove to be the difference.

It ultimately depends on who wants it more. Who's expectaions are beyond just this game and on the ultimate prize of being State Champions. At the end of the day you got to play. In games like these the X's and O's are thrown out and its almost a one on one of who wants to play another day.

Good luck to both teams!