Gleason/ Greenfield

Justadad

After watching that game, all the more reason in the world for a shot clock. Gleason had a good game plan and completely eliminated the top 2 scoring threats from Greenfield.

Agreed! That was the most exciting boring game I've watched in some time now besides that game the other night, lol. Frazier got in foul trouble in the second quarter and you really couldn't even tell much of a difference while she was on the bench. Gleason never got out of their gameplan. I still believe that Greenfield is a better team, but Gleason's slow game really makes a BIG difference and is to their benefit.

Greenfieldfan, I'm sure the outcome isn't what you wanted, however I want to say that Megan has been fun to watch play! She always got after it on defense in every game I saw her play in. She seems like a real good kid as well! I wish her luck in whatever she does!

I also want to say that Coach Trevathan seems like one of the most classiest coaches you could ever meet! After I left the game tonight, I listened to Paul Tinkle interview him. He gave credit to Gleason and wished them luck throughout the tournaments and never blamed anything on anyone or the refs. I never saw him argue with the refs despite some of the bad calls made in the game. He always kept his poise. He also went onto say that no matter the outcome of this season, he couldn't have been in a better position with the kids he had and the leadership they had as well. He seems like a great guy and is a great coach as well! Greenfield will be back again next year and will be strong again!

Both coaches were articulate and complimentary on Tinkle's program.....I'll give them both A's for being classy....

I wished I could of heard from Superintendent/Asst Coach Frazier on how he developed that game plan....but we'll get that after the season...

Good luck the rest of the way- both to Gleason and Humboldt

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would enjoy having you fans come to Lexington tomorrow night for the 7:30 tip of the

Westview Lady Chargers and Obion County Lady Rebels (Round 5 for this year). Sort of like Greenfield and Gleason, they don't really like each other on the court---hopefully it will be another good game.

That game will be anything but boring. Good luck to both Westview and Obion County.

We would enjoy having you fans come to Lexington tomorrow night for the 7:30 tip of the

Westview Lady Chargers and Obion County Lady Rebels (Round 5 for this year). Sort of like Greenfield and Gleason, they don't really like each other on the court---hopefully it will be another good game.

Actually, Westview and Obion Co. starts at 6 tomorrow night. I'd love to see Westview knock off Central after what Central pulled in the tournaments. Good Luck to you guys and hope to see you in the Region finals!

Actually, Westview and Obion Co. starts at 6 tomorrow night. I'd love to see Westview knock off Central after what Central pulled in the tournaments. Good Luck to you guys and hope to see you in the Region finals!

Seems to be drama in regions 7A and 7AA, got to visit 7A would love to see 7AA, but it is a long trip.

Good Luck

Agreed! That was the most exciting boring game I've watched in some time now besides that game the other night, lol. Frazier got in foul trouble in the second quarter and you really couldn't even tell much of a difference while she was on the bench. Gleason never got out of their gameplan. I still believe that Greenfield is a better team, but Gleason's slow game really makes a BIG difference and is to their benefit.

Greenfieldfan, I'm sure the outcome isn't what you wanted, however I want to say that Megan has been fun to watch play! She always got after it on defense in every game I saw her play in. She seems like a real good kid as well! I wish her luck in whatever she does!

I also want to say that Coach Trevathan seems like one of the most classiest coaches you could ever meet! After I left the game tonight, I listened to Paul Tinkle interview him. He gave credit to Gleason and wished them luck throughout the tournaments and never blamed anything on anyone or the refs. I never saw him argue with the refs despite some of the bad calls made in the game. He always kept his poise. He also went onto say that no matter the outcome of this season, he couldn't have been in a better position with the kids he had and the leadership they had as well. He seems like a great guy and is a great coach as well! Greenfield will be back again next year and will be strong again!

GCPioneer,

Thank you for your comments about Meagan and our team. We are thankful that Meagan was able to play her senior year after two ACL surgeries and still be able to contribute to the team, thank you God. We are disappointed and hoped to go further in the tournaments but it just didnt happen. I give Gleason alot of credit, they had a great game plan and they did what they had to do to win the game. I do want to say that I am very proud of our girls, they showed alot of character throughout their careers. Its been my pleasure to watch them play since peewee league and develop into fine young ladies.

As for Coach Trevathan, you are exactly right about him. He is a good coach but an even better person. The girls look up to him as a role model and their best friend. We at Greenfield are lucky to have coaches like Coach Trevathan, Coach Durden & Coach Liggett teaching and coaching our girls. The Greenfield program will miss our seniors Mallory, Katie, Haley, Jasmine & Meagan but we have a great group of younger girls that will step up and carry the load. Greenfield girls basketball is exciting and fun to watch and will be for several years to come and I will be there supporting them.

GCPioneer,

Thank you for your comments about Meagan and our team. We are thankful that Meagan was able to play her senior year after two ACL surgeries and still be able to contribute to the team, thank you God. We are disappointed and hoped to go further in the tournaments but it just didnt happen. I give Gleason alot of credit, they had a great game plan and they did what they had to do to win the game. I do want to say that I am very proud of our girls, they showed alot of character throughout their careers. Its been my pleasure to watch them play since peewee league and develop into fine young ladies.

As for Coach Trevathan, you are exactly right about him. He is a good coach but an even better person. The girls look up to him as a role model and their best friend. We at Greenfield are lucky to have coaches like Coach Trevathan, Coach Durden & Coach Liggett teaching and coaching our girls. The Greenfield program will miss our seniors Mallory, Katie, Haley, Jasmine & Meagan but we have a great group of younger girls that will step up and carry the load. Greenfield girls basketball is exciting and fun to watch and will be for several years to come and I will be there supporting them.

Congrats to your daughter and to the Greenfield ladies on a fine season.Neither of our teams got to where they wanted or hoped they'd be.. I went from being nervous during the game..could sense something but when Lake Co took the lead by 1 point and was shooting the intentional foul,plus get the ball back..I felt good for the first time. Then have a 1 point lead with about 30 seconds left..I felt good again..Then the foull at halfcourt on hubbard..My heart sank..Sometimes,just not meant to be I guess..Would never know your daughter has had knee surgeries by watching her play this year..Glad she made it through the year injury free..I left at the half the other night.The three guys I was with live in Lake Co wanted to leave at the half..I believe Megan had 2 fouls in the first quarter.Did she made it until the last quarter and did Coach Trevathan take the seniors out with not much time left,so the crowd could acknowledge them or were they on the floor..Anyway..since Megan graduates you have time to go out shopping and buy you some green..You wear way too much orange..Do you want me to buy you a Falcon hat or shirt?.You tried to trick me last week saying if I'd wear orange then you'd wear green..I saw you walking in the gym and laughed..Not a bit of green on..I'll seee you around hopefully next year at the games.!