Tullahoma coach retires after only one year

chs4life

Tullahoma Lady Wildcat head basketball coach Steve Jobe has resigned after one year on the job. Jobe came out of retirement in Mississippi to take the job and has decided to retire again. Tullahoma Athletics Director Jerry Mathis is currently accepting applications for the job. Anyone interested may contact him at 931-454-2625

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me how much they have coming back next year? Also what does their future look like for their program?

This years group of seniors may be the best there is for awhile. They did well in middle school but haven't developed much since. The administration doesn't want a basketball program. As far as Snipes, he is only as good as the talent that comes out of the rec centers. His record reflects that. Great guy. Not the answer as a coach. Heard he teaches kids to stop under the basket so when you miss a layup, you can rebound your own shot. Would be wise to have them attack the basket full speed with the expectations of making your layup.

There was a coach Tucker at East Middle that did a good job with the girls a while back. There was a tall McDonald guy that coached at West Middle that went 19-1 with sub-average talent (except a red head that I believe was his daughter). She scored 38 points in one game against our cross town rival and scored 24 against our box-n-one we tried on her at CCMS. They beat us twice and we have a lot more kids to choose from. His sister played at MTSU. I don't know if he was the one that played at the University of Tennessee or not. Anyway, I'm sure THS will go another route as usual.

As far as THS basketball future, the same as it has been. No commitment from administration to develope a program.