Region 7A and 8A Substate Games!!!

cublover91

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, two very interesting matchups....teams with two very different styles of play meeting. Scotts Hill is a slow it down, halfcourt team playing an athletic, fast,run and gun Humboldt; and Gleason is a slow it waaay down, halfcourt team playing a quick, athletic, run and gun Middleton. Interesting.

Of course, the homecourt advantage goes to Gleason and Scotts Hill.

Humboldt is one of those teams that can blow someone out, when they're hot; or they can get beat by just about anybody when they're not. Their game with Scotts Hill is a mystery due to this. I dont think that Humboldt will blow Scotts Hill out. Teams that play slow it down, halfcourt offense give Humboldt trouble. Gleason beat them. Greenfield beat them 3 times. They had trouble with Bradford. This game is a toss up.

Middleton is gonna have all kinds of trouble beating Gleason on their home court. They've probably not ever played a team like Gleason. They love to pass the ball around. They play in your face, harrass you, help defense. They hit their free throws. They will frustate a team that likes to run. I give the nod to Gleason in this game. The score will probably be something like 38 to 32, or in that ballpark. But, we shall see.

The reason teams have been struggling of late to shoot well againts us is because we have been playing great defense and on top of that we have really cut down on letting opponents have too many second shots, if we keep that up we should be ok! the HOME court advantage for both Scotts Hill and Gleason is going to be pretty incredible, i dont know much about Gleason this year but what I do know is 4 years ago we had to travel to Gleason for a substate game........MISREABLE!!! we took a very very very good team to gleason that year and it is ABSOLUTELY insane in there! im so glad we dont have to go back to that torture chamber......WE GET TO CREATE OUR OWN!!!

Well, two very interesting matchups....teams with two very different styles of play meeting. Scotts Hill is a slow it down, halfcourt team playing an athletic, fast,run and gun Humboldt; and Gleason is a slow it waaay down, halfcourt team playing a quick, athletic, run and gun Middleton. Interesting.

Of course, the homecourt advantage goes to Gleason and Scotts Hill.

Humboldt is one of those teams that can blow someone out, when they're hot; or they can get beat by just about anybody when they're not. Their game with Scotts Hill is a mystery due to this. I dont think that Humboldt will blow Scotts Hill out. Teams that play slow it down, halfcourt offense give Humboldt trouble. Gleason beat them. Greenfield beat them 3 times. They had trouble with Bradford. This game is a toss up.

Middleton is gonna have all kinds of trouble beating Gleason on their home court. They've probably not ever played a team like Gleason. They love to pass the ball around. They play in your face, harrass you, help defense. They hit their free throws. They will frustate a team that likes to run. I give the nod to Gleason in this game. The score will probably be something like 38 to 32, or in that ballpark. But, we shall see.

Volfan007 you say that Humboldt will not blow out Scottshill. Do u think that Humboldt will beat Schootshill? Greenfield beat Humboldt three times the first two were close by 6 and by 7! The last game was a blowoff but they beat Bradford three times twice by double digits and once by three! If Humboldt shows up and plays well it will be a good game! Just as posted before Scootshill better come to play! May the winner do West TN proud at the Boro! Good Luck to both!! :thumb:

Middleton is going to be tough to beat. They only lost down the stretch when they could afford to lose. I am afraid they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. That being said, true they have to come to Gleason's gym and play against the loud fans and sea of orange everywhere. I read on one post earlier about how Jenna Frazier got MVP after only scoring 2 points against Greenfield, that just goes to show you how no one respects what kids do. She had an off night yes, but she had their defense eatting her up and leaving others opened who stepped up. Sara Hensley hit the long ball and Taylor Stout had an imressive night as well. The one thing about Gleason girls is that you may shut one of them down with defense, but that will leave 4 more out on the floor that can lite it up night after night. Tayor had an outstanding game against Humboldt, but in foul trouble most of the night, we still came back from 11 points down and won, it was a TEAM effort. I don't know who will win and don't know much about Middleton, but they put their ball shoes on one foot at a time, comprised of 15 - 18 year old girls just like Gleason. No matter who wins, it will be a game to watch and the better team will win. I think that the winner will have an outstanding shot at playing for the gold. Good Luck to both teams, but I am cheering for Gleason!

Could this finally be the year that Chandler gets his Scotts Hill girls to the 'Boro? I don't know of another coach that has been beaten in Sub-State as many times as he has (Bradford and Gleason have beaten him double-digit times in this game). Chandler is a good coach; hopefully, this will be the year for him and Scotts Hill to get over the Sub-State hump.

It's gona be EXTREMELY tough for Humboldt to come to the HILL and beat Scotts Hill. The fan base is going to be CRAZY!! The home court advantage isn't everything that Scotts Hill has on their side. Coach Chandler is one of the best coaches in the state! Even though he doesn't have any state apearances he is GREAT!! There is no one else I would rather have seating on the bench beside Scotts Hill Saturday night. The Lions of Scotts Hill have been playing great so far in the tournements. They have been rebounding the ball so much better than they did in the regular season and playing a great defense. Yes they do have a starter missing this game but Miranda Hayes stepped up big time against Middleton in the Region Championship and Michelle Beecham has shown that she can be reliable coming off the bench in some games this season. I will take Scotts Hill by 7 48-41