Region 7A and 8A Substate Games!!!

cublover91

The Middleton - Gleason game had the worst one sided refs I have ever seen. Middleton fans also have no class. Orangeman 43 is not a sore loser. But it is a shame when the team has to play the refs and their opponent. The refs had dedicided who was going to when the game before they stepped on the floor. Its fine to lose agaisnst a talented team not any game where the refs determined the outcome. Any other profession you would get fired for poor job performance and/or out right cheating. Also, it is a shame when the refs run from the crowd when it was poorly called you need to stand your ground! you called it! If middleton hopes to win at the boro, they better carry their officiating crew!

Way to go District 15A! Gleason has a good ball team but when you hold the ball all night sometimes it comes back to bite you and it did for gleason tonight. I think Gleason got out coached tonight because I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting Middleton to hold the ball on them. Gleason had several open looks tonight and didnt take the shot because they were more worried about holding the ball. I don't see how you could blame it on the refs. GO TIGERS!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Gleason over Middleton by 6.

Humboldt over Scotts Hill by 11.

apparently you have only seen the 14a teams play??

Yes, but I've talked to a coach that knows what he's talking about and this coach saw the Middleton/Scotts Hill District championship. I was told it was brutal to watch because both teams offset each other. I was told Scotts Hill could shoot the ball, but couldn't dribble well. I was told Middleton could dribble well, but couldn't shoot well. If this is the case, Scotts Hill will have ALOT of trouble with Humboldt's speed and athleticism. Hey, all I can say is go out and prove me wrong. Don't worry about what people think on here, just prove it. Good luck!

was the reason he was at the game cause his season over??? cause he was wrong.....

was the reason he was at the game cause his season over??? cause he was wrong.....

LOL, wasn't a high school coach.

Congrats to Scotts Hill AND Middleton. I really didn't see them both getting wins and I was wrong and will admit it. Congrats to both of you and good luck to you in the 'boro! We'll be seeing you guys up there this week!!!!! Good Luck!!

LOL, wasn't a high school coach.

Congrats to Scotts Hill AND Middleton. I really didn't see them both getting wins and I was wrong and will admit it. Congrats to both of you and good luck to you in the 'boro! We'll be seeing you guys up there this week!!!!! Good Luck!!

great job district 15a! i dont believe i would be looking at getting anymore info from this coach lol

Congrats to Scotts Hill and Middleton. District 15A was definitely the best basketball district in single A in W. TN this year. There's no doubt about it now. I hope both of yall do well in the state. Bring home the Gold and Silver ball for W. TN.

I don't think 15A got to see the best from 14A....I would have liked to have seen Lake County and Greenfield match-up with Middleton and Scotts Hill....Just because those two didn't make it to this point in the season doesn't mean they weren't the best teams....They just weren't the best teams that particular night they lost....

Congrats to Scotts Hill and Middleton. District 15A was definitely the best basketball district in single A in W. TN this year. There's no doubt about it now. I hope both of yall do well in the state. Bring home the Gold and Silver ball for W. TN.

I don't think 15A got to see the best from 14A....I would have liked to have seen Lake County and Greenfield match-up with Middleton and Scotts Hill....Just because those two didn't make it to this point in the season doesn't mean they weren't the best teams....They just weren't the best teams that particular night they lost....

Part of being the better team is winning when it counts, I will admit that Greenfield and Lake County were probably extremely good teams but the idea that the best teams didnt make it to substate is not true......are you going to say that "the best team didnt win the state championship....the opponent just had a bad night!".......no you wouldnt say that so there is no point in saying it for the region semi games!

Part of being the better team is winning when it counts, I will admit that Greenfield and Lake County were probably extremely good teams but the idea that the best teams didnt make it to substate is not true......are you going to say that "the best team didnt win the state championship....the opponent just had a bad night!".......no you wouldnt say that so there is no point in saying it for the region semi games!

I've seen a lot of teams that were the best teams that didn't make it.Humboldt deserved to win the night they played Lake Co but Lake Co and Greenfield both proved they were the best teams all year with both beating Humboldt and Lake Co beating them both times by about 17 points..And Lake Co only lost 3 games all year before then and only 1 game to a Single A team..Greenfield beat Humboldt all 3 times.Humboldt won the night Lake Co played but just that one night..It happens..That's what I love about the tournaments though.But Lake Co should have hit their free throws at the end and could have won..But they didn't.But that's not to say a team that wins the state doesn't deserve it..Sometimes a team gets upset and in thrown in a harder bracket..

The best team doesn't always win. If I told you that Lake Co. beat Humboldt 2 or 3 times during season and district tournament, would you think Lake Co. or Humboldt was better? Humboldt was just better than Lake Co. during the semi-final game and they were only a couple of points better. Patra Hubbard and Keishia King just had a BIG game against Lake Co.

Good Luck to your Scotts Hill girls! If we play on Wednesday night, I plan on coming up that morning and watching all the games Wednesday up into our game that evening. I wish you guys luck and bring home some hardware!!!

The best team doesn't always win. If I told you that Lake Co. beat Humboldt 2 or 3 times during season and district tournament, would you think Lake Co. or Humboldt was better? Humboldt was just better than Lake Co. during the semi-final game and they were only a couple of points better. Patra Hubbard and Keishia King just had a BIG game against Lake Co.

Good Luck to your Scotts Hill girls! If we play on Wednesday night, I plan on coming up that morning and watching all the games Wednesday up into our game that evening. I wish you guys luck and bring home some hardware!!!

Same here..Good luck to Scotts,Hill,Middleton,Gibson Co and Westview..all the teams from our area.!