White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

Question for all you basketball nostalgia people. Would you consider DC a bigger underdog against Whitestation in the big orange pressure cooker or DC vs BTW @ BTW in 2001 when BTW was stacked, nationally ranked and got beat by DC? Just a question that probably only a select few could answer objectively. Personally I think the BTW game was the biggest win in school history and, would be a much bigger upset that DC over WS. I've seen both teams play and feel that WS is the better team but, as has been proven time and time again, in sub-state you only have to be the best team on that day.

FYI:

In 2001, BTW WON STATE, with Taurean Moy setting the all-time state tournament record for 3-pointers made, and a freshman by the name of Andre Allen winning State Tournament MVP honors. They beat Austin-East in the Final, the 3rd consecutive year Austin-East got to the State Championship game and lost to a Memphis opponent(Ridgeway in 2000 and Carver in 1999)

The year DC beat BTW in sub-state was 2002, after Moy graduating. And that game was NOT at BTW. It, as well as the Ridgeway/Haywood game were BOTH at the Mid-South Coliseum. This very website even has the pictures.

And, i think that in this game, considering White Station is nationally ranked in Rivals and was pre-season top 25 in USA Today, and also is led by a McDonald's All-American who'll likely be 1-and-done in college, DC is probably a bigger underdog. And trust me, White Station plays ALOT better on the road than they do at home.

Oh yeah, and to yankees: Nino Johnson is FAR from a high-major talent.

My bad I meant 2001-2002 season. Moy could straight up fill it up too. Thanks for the input. FYI you were one of the nostalgia people I was talking about.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We gotta play some kinda defense right. No way we man up or press. Both are losing propositions. This is why I say zone:

Pack the players down low to try to somewhat offset the size deficit and put your players in a better position to contest any penetration. Then pray that they have an off shooting night.

Three things to remember. WS won't get any smaller, we won't get any taller, and a layup is easier to hit than a three pointer.

I see and understand your point.

Hard to argue against it...

this is a great thread so far for only being 45 mintues old. i agree that a perfect or near perfect game by dc is necesarry. as for pressing a whole lot, mccord knows defensive schemes very well. i guarantee he will be looking at tape of white station as soon as he sets foot into the school tonight, breaking them down. he will have a precise plan for monday night. white station is perhaps the best team dc has faced. probably the bestcoached team we have faced. should be a great one on monday.

Though I go to NS, I will probably be at this game. DC is in for trouble if Jackson gets going like he did against Melrose during season play (he dropped something like 20+ in the 4 th quarter). Hopefully, DC will practice flopping since they are playing in Newbern. :motorbike:

Though I go to NS, I will probably be at this game. DC is in for trouble if Jackson gets going like he did against Melrose during season play (he dropped something like 20+ in the 4 th quarter). Hopefully, DC will practice flopping since they are playing in Newbern. :motorbike:

Nice third post there newbie. Fall in line with the rest of the haters.

I remember that BTW Dyer County game At BTW. That was one heck of a game. Since that game I have always been conscious of DC. That team had some real studs. I sat next to this guy who had a son who was a power foward on that team who I think was Dyer Co. best player that year. If not for lil Bow Wow off the bench hitting those three three's in a row BTW would not have one that game. Everyone from Memphis remembers Lil Bow Wow right?

Thanks for telling me the rule about not being able to post your opinion until I have been a member for 8 years. And for once, I agree with you. I am a hater. I have ZERO respect for teams that flop and then start grabbing the back of their head and rolling around on the floor. (Fred Yarbrough...cough, cough) Oh, and watching Big Ced fall over right in front of our bench was pretty comical too. If this game is like any other time I have seen DC play, they will be flopping

Though I go to NS, I will probably be at this game. DC is in for trouble if Jackson gets going like he did against Melrose during season play (he dropped something like 20+ in the 4 th quarter). Hopefully, DC will practice flopping since they are playing in Newbern. :roflol:

Thanks for telling me the rule about not being able to post your opinion until I have been a member for 8 years. And for once, I agree with you. I am a hater. I have ZERO respect for teams that flop and then start grabbing the back of their head and rolling around on the floor. (Fred Yarbrough...cough, cough) Oh, and watching Big Ced fall over right in front of our bench was pretty comical too. If this game is like any other time I have seen DC play, they will be flopping

Are you kidding me? You must not have respect for your own team then! Every team has TRIED TO TAKE A CHARGE at one time or another!!!!! Flopping that is funny! Better than PUSHING OFF (Casey Prather... cough, cough) :lol: