White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

Do any of the Dyer County guys play on any of the summer traveling teams? If so, what teams?

Janes, Hudson, and Yarbough played with Memphis Select last spring and summer. Same team as Jarnell Stokes. I'm not sure how many teams Memphis select fielded.....looks like at least three. But they all played with select.

This is the select roster from this past summer. I believe this is accurate. Could be wrong but I think this is right.

Cris Brewer

Marterance Brock

Johnny Dunavant

Terrence Durham

Cedric Janes

Nate Rucker

Darry Dowdy

Octavious Ellis

Cedrick McAfee

McCoy Polk

Telvin Wilkerson

Robert Houston

John Hudson

Myron Johnson

DeMarc Richardson

Jarnell Stokes

Fred Yarbrough

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of the Dyer County guys play on any of the summer traveling teams? If so, what teams?

Janes, Hudson, and Yarbough played with Memphis Select last spring and summer. Same team as Jarnell Stokes. I'm not sure how many teams Memphis select fielded.....looks like at least three. But they all played with select.

This is the select roster from this past summer. I believe this is accurate. Could be wrong but I think this is right.

Cris Brewer

Marterance Brock

Johnny Dunavant

Terrence Durham

Cedric Janes

Nate Rucker

Darry Dowdy

Octavious Ellis

Cedrick McAfee

McCoy Polk

Telvin Wilkerson

Robert Houston

John Hudson

Myron Johnson

DeMarc Richardson

Jarnell Stokes

Fred Yarbrough

Thanks yankees8589 ! I appreciate the info. I will be looking out for them this summer.

The foul was called on #11 who was on the bench,instead of #1 and a minute later Jackson fouled again which was his 5th.. He was the shooter at the end of the game shooting free throws when he should have been sitting on the bench. If you do not know how fouling him out might have changed the momentum of the game...then you dont understand basketball imho

I've stayed out of this whole mess but I the only thing I don't understand ( and haven't seen anybody to bring up or ask ) is where was the official scorer during all this ? If a foul is called on a player who isn't on the floor, I'm telling the clock operator to hit that buzzer and get the official over here. I just don't see how that is allowed to happen.

That was done,,,, the official refused to do anything...Two years in a row that Dyer County was beat with people on the floor with 6 fouls.....coincidence,,,,,,,,The Fact that TSSAA does nothing is what is really scary....If you allow excuses that all you end up with.....If the TSSAA would make some example of this, it would stop happening..... I guess as long as they get there money and walk around looking for any violation anyone else might make ...but they wont or cant correct their own.....IMHO

That was done,,,, the official refused to do anything...Two years in a row that Dyer County was beat with people on the floor with 6 fouls.....coincidence,,,,,,,,The Fact that TSSAA does nothing is what is really scary....If you allow excuses that all you end up with.....If the TSSAA would make some example of this, it would stop happening..... I guess as long as they get there money and walk around looking for any violation anyone else might make ...but they wont or cant correct their own.....IMHO

Ok, I had just been wondering. In that case, DC did all they could do at the time. That really does need to be reviewed. I completely understand an official not wanting to be embarrassed or think he/she is being " shown up" but a mistake of that magnitude must be corrected and to not do so is inexcusable. Regardless of what player is involved in any game, you have to get that right.

Sorry, I know it's over and done with now but that's just wrong.

Ok, I had just been wondering. In that case, DC did all they could do at the time. That really does need to be reviewed. I completely understand an official not wanting to be embarrassed or think he/she is being " shown up" but a mistake of that magnitude must be corrected and to not do so is inexcusable. Regardless of what player is involved in any game, you have to get that right.

Unfortunately, things happen - please refrain from pointing fingers because it will cause this great topic WS vs DC to be shut down because people will start inputing their personal feelings. This game is over with so let's move on....I hope all Gold balls come back West of the river.... :lol:

Unfortunately, things happen - please refrain from pointing fingers because it will cause this great topic WS vs DC to be shut down because people will start inputing their personal feelings. This game is over with so let's move on....I hope all Gold balls come back West of the river.... :lol:

I haven't posted here in almost a year. I apologize if I'm late :lol:

The thread will get shut down if people can't control themselves. That's up to each person to act with maturity. Now, I'm not pointing fingers nor hurling insults. I was just making a point and a valid one, I believe. That is all. Nothing more.

**EDIT** I mean no disrespect to you personally. I fully understand the spirit in which you message is given.

In other words...don't blame the TSSAA!

Also, back to what I said about Memphis schools not wanting to play DC. It wouldn't be because they are scared...but because Memphis schools often see playing AT another smaller school in West TN as a lose lose...

Either

1) They show up and win--and everyone says---well of course they won--they are supposed to.

or

2) They show up and get beat--and everyone says--wow Memphis school got beat by smaller rural school..etc.

Now if you wanna go to Memphis and play--I'm sure they will welcome it.

Still has no merit as Memphis teams traveled all around the country including to Atlanta, Baltimore, and New Jersey. Losing to Dyer County at Dyer County is really not a big or bad loss at all. Most schools would welcome a game in Newbern, because you can't replicate that in practice. Give Coach Edwards at Southwind a call and I'm sure he would love to have Darious and J3 lead his squad against Dyer County.

Can't DC recruit referees like they do players? lol That would stop this from happening again next year! In all seriousness, the refs can't continue to affect the outcome of "one & done" games. The game should be decided by the players on the floor. Most fans realize that refs are making calls in the heat of action & will never please everyone, but this kind of situation is different. It should be pretty obvious that you "fix" the call if you've screwed up & the # you called isn't even on the floor. I'm sorry for DC if this cost them the game - nothing fair about that no matter who you pull for.