Job Opening or "soon to be" job openings

sball23

Yes Richland is looking for a coach now. I am sure the same family that brought in the boys coach will now go out and get the girls coach they want, since their daughter will be playing next year. Problem is the talent pool isnt very deep. Good Luck.

It's called the Wallace effect. Everyone wants their kids to attain the attention level and two the Edwards boy wasn't that good either but, then again, just make sure you date/marry into the family.

Not sure who you are talking about, but if you are talking about the qb from giles county, what I have read he had a pretty good effect at giles county. I am sure Richland wouldnt mind a state championship.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on Richland? Heard they were trying to run their coach out.

Wait a minute. You should know! You've got two kids involved at Richland. One in H.S. and the other in elementary. :roflol:

lgd1, you have got to stop this infatuation with the Wallace family, it is not healthy. If you had any clue about Bobcat football or any sport at GCHS you would know who I am. I wear the black bobcat hat with DADX5 on the back to every game I attend. Feel free to come and chat, I am a pretty nice guy and easy to talk to. I have zero kids at Richland, one at GCHS and 2 at one of the forgotten schools in the south end of the county. Now that we got all that covered lets get back to the main topic of finding the Richland girls a basketball coach.

Is there any truth to the Lawrence Co. coach being John Wild? And if so, is he going to Culleoka?

I heard that Wild will be hired at Culleoka and take over the girls' team.

I am still having issues with the nature of hiring/firing of coaches in the district each year....virtual revolving doors. And, in the case of at least Cully and Richland, the decisions were made by parents and not by administrators, at least by the way things seem.

The coach at Culleoka was on the chopping block from day 1 there. I remember all of the early stuff over the past two seasons, people questioning his dedication to developing the program, people questioning the manner in which he used/didn't use players. I saw Cully play two games this year, and I thought they looked better as the season went on, not necessarily winning games , but playing better, and this was all happening WHILE the coach was being drug through the coals in the bleachers, in the community, and on here. How long has/had he been head coach there? 2 years? More? Doesn't matter, the people who wanted him out got what they wanted, and whomever it is, ild or whoever, will be looking up at the top 3 every year. I am sure that some folks out there will be posting soon, and be able to give us more definate word, the Cully people are very good at posting on CoachT.

I honestly thought the guy at Richland was doing a pretty good job. I saw Richland play three times this season and felt like they were decent. People who think they underachieved need to realize that the top 3 were better than they were all season long. I did see some bright spots, but I also witnessed the faces of a couple of players that looked like they had no desire to be on the court. That could be a result of parents undermining the program, which I have been told is a common occurance in the Richland sports community. How do certain individuals or certain families get THAT much power, to nod in disapproval and cost a hard working coach their job. Was the guy the best in the district? Probably not. Did his record deserve him losing his job? I don't think so. More on this job will come soon I know, as Richland fans are very good about posting about their teams.

Hughes at Mt. Pleasant has gotten wins out of a program that hasn't won many in quite some time. He overcame the personal issues at the beginning of the season and made the team more competitive. I am still hearing that the shake up at Mt. Pleasant may include moving Hughes, and if so, finding a new girl's coach. This is bad news because I think they have turned a corner and could be improving as they move forward. It is unfortunate, the situation at MPHS, but I hope that things improve soon for the kids, not just the athletes. The girl's program has been through alot over the last few years, and some type of consistency would help. I doubt we will hear from any Mt. Pleasant parents on here, as I do not recall a single post all year, they don't care anyway.

Lastly, the Hampshire job. I am still hearing the guy there is leaving to take another job. I saw them twice this season, and I think he did a great job with very little talent. If anyone saw the game at CA they would understand. The guy was intense and they had an unbelievable 2nd half. The team was playing harder than any Hampshire team I had ever seen play, and I have been around for a while. If I were in the Hampshire community, I would be trying to show more interest in the teams and programs, because noone there cares how the teams do, nor shows any dedication. The guy knows he won't ever finish high in the district, he lost his best players, and, worst of all, noone there cares about basketball. It would have to be disheartening for a coach, and motivation to leave. I don't expect any Hampshire people to be on here posting anything one way or the other, just like their lack of interest all season. Their attitude toward the basketball teams out there will likely be enough reason for someone to want to go elsewhere.

Who will be the new Bradley girls' coach? Is it Jason Reuter? He's a class guy. If it's him that would be a great hire.

Probably..Feel sorry for whoever gets the job. Allot more to deal with than just coaching at BCHS.

So far the jobs that are open and can be added to:

Unicoi county

Kingston

South Greene

Huntingdon

Glenclif

Hunters Lane

Oneida

Clay County

David Crockett

Munford

Are there any other openings currently? Any news on who is applying for them or also who will get them?

Grundy Co.