CSAS vs Clarksville Acd. 1A Semi-Finals

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS versus CA was a very enjoyable game to watch, and not just because CA came out on top. It was a well-played game both ways. The officials allowed the boys to play, but when they did call things, they called it equally on both sides, which is something we do not always get to see, so it is very much appreciated.

CSAS has a great team, and #4, in particular, is an excellent player. Their fans are classy, too. They wished us luck before we played Wednesday, and our students were impressed to have some of their fans congratulate us after the game today. I left M'boro with a good feeling not only about our team but about our day's opponent.

Well mr yellow, who died and made you mr expert on who is an athlete and who is not? have you even seen wayne county play outside of yesterday because i beg to differ with you.........wayne county has got plenty of athletes on their team and just so you know tyler rice is being looked at by D1 schools so you cant tell me that he is no athlete........i would put wayne county up against CSAS any day and i would bet that in an afternoon game or night game, they would have downed Clarksville academy.......Clarksville academy has not played many tough teams all year and does not have a very strong district.........wayne county's district took three teams to the region...........

Last time I checked the rims were the same height and the floor is the same length along with the ball being the same size.... So what the heck difference does it make if they played in morning....afternoon or nighttime????

CSAS versus CA was a very enjoyable game to watch, and not just because CA came out on top. It was a well-played game both ways. The officials allowed the boys to play, but when they did call things, they called it equally on both sides, which is something we do not always get to see, so it is very much appreciated.

CSAS has a great team, and #4, in particular, is an excellent player. Their fans are classy, too. They wished us luck before we played Wednesday, and our students were impressed to have some of their fans congratulate us after the game today. I left M'boro with a good feeling not only about our team but about our day's opponent.

I agree with the second paragraph. The first paragraph, however, I completely disagree with. In the first half 10+ fouls were called on A&S and only 4 were called on Clarksville if I'm not mistaken. I'm not blaming the refs because Clarksville deserved to win, but some of the fouls called on CSAS were questionable. Those twins are very good and its scary to think they are only Juniors. Best of luck tomorrow, but I'm going with the hometown team. Grace by 5.

Clarksville shot 35 free throws and the Smith Bros got Lebron James type of respect with the calls. The horrible charge call on Lenoir in the 3rd would have pulled CSAS within one but that call negated the basket. It was all downhill from there. The refs totally dictated the game.

The box sscore tells the difference. CSASA had 10 fouls, CA had 5, in the first half. CSAS shot 30% for the game, CA shot over 45%. That might be the difference. I didn't see the game nor did I hear about it, I just looked at the box stats.

I did see the final game and CA is pretty good. They were the best team this past week when it counted. End of discussion.

The gameplan for CSAS all year and against Clarksville Academy is to attack the basket, getting the opposing team in foul trouble and getting to the free throw line. What had worked all year for them did not work in the semi-finals because the whistle was not blowing when contact was repeatedly made on the Patriot end of the floor. Clarksville shot two or three times the number of free throws (35-12?) and was called for fewer fouls. CSAS shot a low percentage in large part to the fouls that were not called underneath the basket. The stats on paper show a winning game plan executed with the exception of the non-calls. End of game, but not end of discussion.

I am not complaining or whining, I am simply stating how the Patriots have played all year. They should have taken and made more outside shots and they would have beaten Clarksville without question. The gameplan they followed was a solid one without knowing how the game would be called. The game was officiated in a way that was an advantage to Clarksville. I would love to see the two teams play again, maybe before the state tournament. Think Clarksville would agree to play a home and home next season? Tell their coach to call ours and I will tell our coach the same.