Bolivar vs. Liberty - AA State Championship

cmeister

Terop,

I agree. Should be a great game. Personally I though Liberty was going to win the last three games but it didn't happen. I still think they will pull it out tomorrow. But at the same time it's hard to go against Bolivar when they have consistently beat good teams with more size and talent. This team is winning on guts and a refuse to lose attitude.....I can remember when they beat DC and Liberty those three times and scratching my head thinking how in the world are they managing to keep this up and then they grind it out against Fulton and take Marshall County to OT and win..........They have really good guards and like you said they have been struggling form the field and are still winning. Rudesill and the players have done a masterful job this season..... Murphy will probably end up low major from what I'm hearing as of two day's ago, Tisdale is a Union lean, and Coleman is getting some medium interest JUCO looks from a couple of Northern Miss schools and that's about it as far as prospects. That's not bad but it's nothing like some of the teams they have beat. I thought they were going to be in big trouble when Whitehorn was no longer on the team but they just kept rolling and winning. To be 30 and 4 and playing for the state championship.....they just know how to win.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankees...That was the type of answer I was looking for....I understand Bolivar has heart and all but I imagine Liberty does as well...I don't imagine Bolivar "wants it" any more than Liberty...To be honest, I picked Liberty to win the tournament in my contest....But, thinking about it and realizing that Bolivar did win those two championship games this year and they have Rudesill on their sideline, how do you pick against them ??...5 out of 6 isn't a coincidence...

Congrats to Bolivar and Liberty. However, I just didn't see anything special at all from Bolvar. I'm not hating, just expected after hearing all year how great Bolivar/Liberty was, I expected more. Marshall probably had like 30 turnovers, but 15 could've been called fouls. Marshall was clearly better than Bolivar, and I don't expect any Bolivar fans to agree, but if you were at the game you saw it yourself. Marshall got out coached, not out played. The game was ours to win, and we didn't. I can't speak for Liberty, but the best team didn't come out of Bolivar/Marshall's bracket. Nebuntyn, you got your wish with Bolivar/Liberty, but please do me a huge favor. Please stop building these overrated West Tenn. teams up to be so great. Bolivar/Liberty are good, but far from great. You're always posting how somebody's going to win by 20+(particularly west tenn. teams). It's ok to be a fan, but be honest with yourself. By the way if Kedren Johnson doesn't get Mr. Basketball something is terribly wrong. He is by far the only player in AA that can't be checked one on one. We had a great year(Marshall), and any unbiased fan that was at the game clearly saw who the better team was. The best team doesn't always win though, but if you're going to talk down on east and mid. tenn. be sure that your team is truly that much better. No disrespect to any Bolivar/Liberty fans, just the one that constantly talks so much about how west is better than everybody else(specifically Nebuntyn). I'm clearly a Marshall fan, but I refuse to get on here before a game and tell you how many points my team is better than yours. I'll end this by saying, great year Marshall Co. and congrats to Bolvar/Liberty.

OK. My pick won't be a shock to anyone...Bolivar in a close one.

I'm taking nothing away from Liberty. They are always good. I sure take nothing for granted anyyime these two play each other.

But, Bolivar does find a way to win and they will more than likely be back on track with their shooting today. Man, they sure are due a good day offensively! For those that don't usually follow them, I'd caution against basing their ability based on the shooting they've done in the tourney so far. Their defense has been very good so far...facing both Steele(Fulton) and Johnson(Marshall) was no small feat in itself.

That Marshall Co. game yesterday was a big win for the Tigers. Down 11 mid-way thru the 4th and came back to win by 6 in OT. They can scrap when it's needed and even though it is hard to beat a good team this many times in a season...

Bolivar wins it.

I can't wait for the tip-off in this one!

Congrats to Bolivar and Liberty. However, I just didn't see anything special at all from Bolvar. I'm not hating, just expected after hearing all year how great Bolivar/Liberty was, I expected more. Marshall probably had like 30 turnovers, but 15 could've been called fouls. Marshall was clearly better than Bolivar, and I don't expect any Bolivar fans to agree, but if you were at the game you saw it yourself. Marshall got out coached, not out played. The game was ours to win, and we didn't. I can't speak for Liberty, but the best team didn't come out of Bolivar/Marshall's bracket. Bolivar/Liberty are good, but far from great. Sounds like somebody came down with a case of hate poisoning. So let me get this straight the team that won wasn't as good as the team they beat yet they won riiiight nothing wrong with that logic. Bolivar may have had less talent which outside of Johnson im not buying that either. Great teams win when it matters. Plain and simple

Congrats to Bolivar and Liberty. However, I just didn't see anything special at all from Bolvar. I'm not hating, just expected after hearing all year how great Bolivar/Liberty was, I expected more. Marshall probably had like 30 turnovers, but 15 could've been called fouls. Marshall was clearly better than Bolivar, and I don't expect any Bolivar fans to agree, but if you were at the game you saw it yourself. Marshall got out coached, not out played. The game was ours to win, and we didn't. I can't speak for Liberty, but the best team didn't come out of Bolivar/Marshall's bracket. Nebuntyn, you got your wish with Bolivar/Liberty, but please do me a huge favor. Please stop building these overrated West Tenn. teams up to be so great. Bolivar/Liberty are good, but far from great. You're always posting how somebody's going to win by 20+(particularly west tenn. teams). It's ok to be a fan, but be honest with yourself. By the way if Kedren Johnson doesn't get Mr. Basketball something is terribly wrong. He is by far the only player in AA that can't be checked one on one. We had a great year(Marshall), and any unbiased fan that was at the game clearly saw who the better team was. The best team doesn't always win though, but if you're going to talk down on east and mid. tenn. be sure that your team is truly that much better. No disrespect to any Bolivar/Liberty fans, just the one that constantly talks so much about how west is better than everybody else(specifically Nebuntyn). I'm clearly a Marshall fan, but I refuse to get on here before a game and tell you how many points my team is better than yours. I'll end this by saying, great year Marshall Co. and congrats to Bolvar/Liberty.

Well i wouldnt say Marshall is better than Bolivar. I admit we didnt score off turnovers but you cant have 20 plus turnovers and expect to win the game. great job Bolivar for coming back and showing what west tennessee basketball is all about!

This game should be the best game of the whole tournament! These two teams have played every game this year down to the wire. Im not going to pick the winner but if i have to i would pick Bolivar in a very close game! Bring that gold back to The B! Good luck to both teams and all teams playing for the championships today!

Toinemac, Bolivar will be playing for a gold ball, but far from a great team. Great teams don't always find a way to win, an average team can find a way to win. Bolivar made a great comeback, and the fans should feel good. Like I said before, you guys get on here and build these teams up to be more than what they are. All I hear about is how weak everything outside the west is. It's not hating, it's about respect. I'm not going back and forth defending Marshall, this game is between Bolivar/Liberty. Just know that if you think the only basketball is being played in the west, you need to travel more. Good luck to all, and Marshall will see you at the Boro next year!

I hope Bolivar can win this one. One thing about Bolivar's team that really helps them is that even if the shots arent falling, their defense keeps them in the game. I believe they had 11 steals, and they forced 27 turnovers against Marshall Co. In the first half, Bolivar could not hit the broad side of a barn. The outside shot was just not falling, and they aint tall enough to play a good inside game. But, their defense kept them in the game until the shots did start falling.

I like Bolivar in this one. Hope it happens. Bolivar is where I graduated from High School.

MC you are equating having great talent with being a great team totally different scenarios altogether. Bolivar shot like 30 35% from the field got outrebounded by 20 and still won if MC was a better team they should have won the game. I hate that bull that we just werent the best team that day. If you were better the day before and you are better the day after why weren't you better the day that mattered.