Bearden Soccer Tournament

CHAMPDDS

OK, all I have are just score details mostly.

McCallie 2

West 1

Final

Red card for West (don't know if it was straight or soft) and a lot of yellows.

Bearden 1

Hendersonville 0

Still in first half

Germantown 2

Siegel 4

I THINK that was the final score, but not sure.

Will update if I can. If any of this is wrong, please correct (I am getting text updates)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden-Hendersonville final score: 1-0, Dawgs with the victory.

Hendersonville had a few chances, especially in the last few minutes, but Bearden's keeper Noggle went clutch in the closing seconds. I don't know the exact shot count, but Bearden definitely dominated that aspect. There were so many missed shots for Bearden that were just inches shy, but I must admit the refs did help Bearden out a bit.

BigG, you're correct with the Siegel/Germantown game. Also I heard that the red card on Tanner Thompson in the West game was a soft red.

Quick recap so far:

Bearden/West: All Bearden. It was unfortunate that Tanner had to go into goal so early, but those are the breaks of the game. Yes, West would have given Bearden's defense more trouble with Tanner in the field, but this game was still all Bearden and a big win for the dogs. Side note: Tanner is a pretty darn good keeper--what an athlete!

CAK/Gallatin: Gallatin scored early on a counter after CAK had been pounding the Gallatin defense for most of the first half. An immature side would have tried to force their way back after falling behind to a less talented team, but CAK showed both composure and resiliency as they battled back and owned the second half of play. Good win for CAK.

Maryville/Hendersonville: Maryville moved the ball extremely well in the first twenty minutes to score a goal early. Minutes later, Maryville missed a breakaway which immediately changed momentum. From that point on, Hendersonville dominated the match, beating Maryville to nearly every ball and outworking the Maryville midfield and defense. Hendersonville was slow stepping off the bus, but they proved that they will be a state contender in AAA with a convincing win over the Rebels.

West/McCallie: Good win for McCallie. I will leave this game alone since many will want to discuss the red card.

Siegel/Germantown: Game was not as lopsided as the score. Siegel was selfless and patient. Germantown has a talented midfield (particularly #7 who is both tricky and quick), but their defense appears to be a bit young. Still, the gap between these two teams is nowhere near as large as the final score indicated.

Bearden/Hendersonville: The game of the tournament so far. I thought Hendersonville had more chances, but Bearden proved to be the better side. I seem to remember someone (dins8) recently suggesting that Bearden is down this year. Boy, was I way off. What impresses me most about an Eric Turner side is the improvement leaps that they make each and every game. They are extremely organized on defense, and they have just enough offensive power to tuck one or two away against some of the best teams in the state. Alex Wilkerson scored early on a controversial PK. Controversy aside, this was Bearden's game; they were very well-prepared, and despite the fact that they had less chances than Hendersonville, one got the impression that Bearden was always in control of this game. Players of the game--Keepers on both sides; they both came up huge on numerous occasions.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Glad to finally see some good weather for the Bearden tourney!

Best,

dins

Hendersonville 4

CAK 1

VERY physical game. Hendersonville is a good team. Big and strong, with great skill. Ref kind of lost a bit of control and had some confusing calls for both teams. My keeper went to the hospital with poss broken rib on a 50-50 ball.

We scored (in my mind) a SICK free kick, so that was a positive. Everybody got some playing time near the end, as well. Just SOOOOO tired of injuries.

Again, well played Hendersonville. Hope you have a safe trip back and good luck with the rest of your season!