mid state sophmores

baseballlover03

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to throw my Perry Co. sophmores back in here. This team made it to Sub State starting 7 and 8 Sophmores. Lead off by SS Zach Grimes , 1B Blake Qualls and P/2B Alec Richardson. I think all three batted for a pretty high average, played everyday and were a hugh part of their teams success.

Well better get to know him, he is a sophmore at Riverside, last years 1A State Runner Ups, last year as a freshman he shut down Summertown and got veat in extras.. They say he throws 90 and can hit very good too. His brother was on the USJ team that won state in like 05 that got stripped of their title bc they had an illegal player coming from another county to play, which was the older Gant kid. He now plays at the University of Tennessee.

If "they" say he throws 90mph, then he is probably 84-85.

"They" had three jugs guns on him in the title game, and he hit 88-89 all game and 91-92 occasionally.

Well better get to know him, he is a sophmore at Riverside, last years 1A State Runner Ups, last year as a freshman he shut down Summertown and got veat in extras.. They say he throws 90 and can hit very good too. His brother was on the USJ team that won state in like 05 that got stripped of their title bc they had an illegal player coming from another county to play, which was the older Gant kid. He now plays at the University of Tennessee.

Correction....USJ self-reported that a student/ahtlete (NOT GANT) was more than 60 days late on tuition. The loss of the title had nothing to do do with playong an out of county player. Private schools are not zoned the same and Gant was legal. Beside he transfered in his 8th grade year. No sports record to be of issue. Just so you know. Next time make sure your info is correct before you post as it as fact. Thank you.

A great summer ball match-up of young talent is on display this Thursday night. A team from Mt. Juliet, the Mt. Juliet Bearcats, play the 17-under Hit after Hit team. The Bearcats consist of to be juniors and sophomores from Mt. Juliet High. LHP Josh Smith will be on the mound for the Bearcats. The game is at 830pm at Wilson Central High School this Thursday June 10.

• 2 weeks later...
Marshall co. has 5 excellent sophmores. all had significant playing time and played beyond their years in some big games. they should be great as they mature together the next two years. they all play summer ball together also. They are J.B Reese (C.F.) Morgan Reese (S.S.) Aaron Thomasan (2.b.) Brandon Bush (catcher) and Cody Vernon ( pitcher/3.:roflolk: Watch out for these 5 in the years to come! :roflolk:

Well, that's not what my contacts at Lewisburg are telling me. I was told that the coaches kids were played over the returning seniors that had led the team the previous years. The "Super Sophmores" had error after error and were not pulled - they just wern't ready for that level yet. Anyway, a lot of Seniors were let down by the coaches and their kids their last year of ball due to wanting to get them playing time. Marshall Co could have won district and went further maybe even state. I also heard that they had to get the sherrif out to keep the parents from getting to the coaches the last game played. Pittiful - they (coaches) ought to be ashamed. I've seen the seniors play in summer tournaments and they are good players that deserve better than that their last year.

• 2 weeks later...
Dathan Prewett from Spring Hill may have the most potential of any sophmores in the mid state. Great middle infielder, and is a great hitter. Has some very quick hands.

Any more from SH? I know they lost a lot last year, who do they have coming back?

The coaches boys you speak of played s.s and c.f none of the seniors on that team played either of these positions! Cashion was a senior who switched to right field and played every game and had some unbelievable catches and has since signed with Martin College to play baseball. Third base was played by Watkins and Chapman depending on which one was pitching. Chapman has signed with Martin College to play baseball and the last I heard Watkins was signing with Vol State. The other seniors played various positions and played just as much as anyone else and had the same scouts watch them as did the above mentioned players but for whatever reason did not sign with anyone. In the district championship seniors played at third first right field pitcher and d.h. m.c lost that game due to a blown h.r call. (ask anyone who was there) The sophmores and juiors who did play in that game gave everything they had as well as the seniors to their TEAM. After all baseball is a team sport and a coach has to put the players he thinks can get the job done at each position on the field. Perhaps your comment about the police being called might give everyone some insight into why some of these kids did not play. The coaches sons as you call them played their hearts out and yes they had error but if you knew the stats and were at the games you would have seen a ton of senior errors also that is baseball my friend, if your not makin errors your not tryin !

Sorry but MC did not play for the district championship. The game you speak of was to get our of their pool for an opportunity to play for the District Championship in which GC played SH for.

The kid caught the HR ball and then flipped over the fence. No blown call.