New Lake Co. Boys Basketball coach

mrbigster

Purple,

How crazy would it be to see two Sisco's and a Whitby on the same bench? I think you are absolutely right to say that not many teams would want to face that scenario :thumb:

I don't know if Whitby would sit with "CRY BOY" and the old man. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit with him. Can anyone accept the fact that Whitby can't coach anymore? It's over.

"Cry Boy" and the "old man" plus Whitby and you have SIX State Championships and MULTIPLE state tourney appearances...Just Sayin'....

He's not coming to UC in any form or fashion though....

Whitby has had the talent over the past few years, no doubt about that..He has also had to contend with Humboldt and Union City since 2005...Not many teams in the state would have done any better against those two teams as Whitby had in that period of time either....Whitby isn't the same coach as he was at Obion Central..That's no earth shattering development either...I guess a stroke and the death or your wife and a few other close friends will do that to you...

As far as Whitby not coaching, if you compare that to the way he used to conduct practices (urban legend stuff, I agree) at Obion Central, then no, he wasn't coaching....To make a statement that the boys Lake County put on the court the last few years won despite him is well, idiotic...Their problem was discipline..Blame Whitby for that...He probably didn't have the physical ability to handle what he had at LC...I've seen him take stuff on the bench from the boys at LC that had it been back in the day, those guys would probably had been ducking blows from Whitby...There was no more intense coach on the sideline than Jim Whitby...He wouldn't have had those kind of discipline problems when he was totally healthy, to be honest...The kids would have respected him or they would have been run off...

As for Dawn Barger....I've seen her coach...She is fiesty, I'll give her that...That worked with middle school aged boys...We'll have to see how that plays out with high school aged kids...If I was her, I'd have her husband very near the bench in case things get out of hand...

Good Luck to Coach Whitby in whatever he does in the future and good luck to Coach Barger as well...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple,

How crazy would it be to see two Sisco's and a Whitby on the same bench? I think you are absolutely right to say that not many teams would want to face that scenario :flower:

You're right.It would really make a lot of teams scared.And a lot of fans also.So scared that you'd have to have emercency personel on hand in case Whitby moved.!

That's a real classy statement! I feel sorry for the Barger's having to come back to Lake County and deal with people like you!

Purple,

How crazy would it be to see two Sisco's and a Whitby on the same bench? I think you are absolutely right to say that not many teams would want to face that scenario :flower:

You're right.It would really make a lot of teams scared.And a lot of fans also.So scared that you'd have to have emercency personel on hand in case Whitby moved.!

That's a real classy statement! I feel sorry for the Barger's having to come back to Lake County and deal with people like you!

Well maybe you guys shouldn't try to tell everyone how good or what Coach Whitby has done at Lake Co from another county.I've seen most of the games the past several seasons.He's nowhere close to the coach at Central.And is spite of Purple.they did win because of a couple things.The teams they played weren't as talented.So Lake Co just went out and played street ball and scored more points.And in the case of Union City and Humboldt.if Whitby was the coach he was 15 years ago,Union City wouldn't have been undefeated the year the Tornadoes won the state.And I believe Lake Co would have beaten Humboldt at least once last year.About my comment,I shouldn't have said that because everyone gets older and he's ben through a lot.I'm sorry for that comment.But dang.to read every day about how good a coach he is and Lake Co should be ashamed.He's not the same.I'm sure my wife will say the same thing about me.from 15 years ago till now.!

Purple,

This has to be the most classless post I've ever witnessed. All that he has gone though and u say something like this like it's funny. I wish that u were coaching so that I could be in the stands booing u for not beating union city. And if ur wife died and close friends died,and mother died, and two starter got into trouble that u couldn't help. I would be as compassionless as you and call for ur job. I bet if u walked in his shoes u wouldn't even make it. Very classless post. I don't know who u are, u might even be a good guy, but this post makes me think that ur a jerk.

Whitby made lake county respectable year in and year out. And ur saying that lake county won 25 games a year on talent alone.lol talent has always been here. What do u think that talent just got here when whitby arrived. Yes james avery made it to state 4 one ballgame at mtsu. U act like we won the state 4 or 5 times before whitby. I see no gold basketball in the thophy case. what was basketball like before Whitby, I tell u, empty gyms and 500 basketball seasons. Be thankful on how he built lc basketball. And if I was a good coach, I would even walk foot in lake county gym to coach basketball. After all the hassle u fan give I rather coach gleason or bradford, at least they happy winning. That all I got to say. I wish the players luck for next season because they deserve it, not the fans.

Purple,

This has to be the most classless post I've ever witnessed. All that he has gone though and u say something like this like it's funny. I wish that u were coaching so that I could be in the stands booing u for not beating union city. And if ur wife died and close friends died,and mother died, and two starter got into trouble that u couldn't help. I would be as compassionless as you and call for ur job. I bet if u walked in his shoes u wouldn't even make it. Very classless post. I don't know who u are, u might even be a good guy, but this post makes me think that ur a jerk.

Whitby made lake county respectable year in and year out. And ur saying that lake county won 25 games a year on talent alone.lol talent has always been here. What do u think that talent just got here when whitby arrived. Yes james avery made it to state 4 one ballgame at mtsu. U act like we won the state 4 or 5 times before whitby. I see no gold basketball in the thophy case. what was basketball like before Whitby, I tell u, empty gyms and 500 basketball seasons. Be thankful on how he built lc basketball. And if I was a good coach, I would even walk foot in lake county gym to coach basketball. After all the hassle u fan give I rather coach gleason or bradford, at least they happy winning. That all I got to say. I wish the players luck for next season because they deserve it, not the fans.

I said I was sorry about my comment.Wasnt meant the way you and the other poster took it anyway.And I know he has been through some tough times lately.But in saying that Whithy brought back basketball and empty gyms.You must be young because when Clennon Dailey was the coach,the place was packed and rockin.The Belk brothers,Charles Rice,Jimmy Ray Robinson,etc.were very good. You act like Whitby won some state championships at Lake Co.How many did they win?How many times did his teams at Lake Co go?And yes.Lake co did win because of a combinations of things .talent because they were better than Gleason,Greenfield,Bradford,Fulton Co etc.Next.Lake co played about 8 more games than teams like Greenfield ,Gleason that didnt play in tournaments like Ill and Hall of Fame games.That's about 8 games.so if he wins 5 of those.just needs 20 wins during the season.If you judge Coach Barger on her getting 25 wins,may not be fair because she may not go to Ill and I hope she doesn't.Play in Dyersburg during Christmas if Lake Co wants to play.Ask some of the older guys about Lake co and the Belks,Charles Rice.Ask Spellerone.ask mrbigster.ask falcofan.if they're old enough to remember.Whitby is a legend.Just not at Lake Co.

lcwildfalcon posted....

"And in the case of Union City and Humboldt.if Whitby was the coach he was 15 years ago,Union City wouldn't have been undefeated the year the Tornadoes won the state."

I'm not going to get into a pi55ing match with you on this because Whitby is not my favorite coach in the world...He has been on the opposite sides of two fierce rivalries involving Union City but even when he was on his game, Union City beat him, especially when Marty Sisco took over for the Tornadoes...

Also, if it makes you guys sleep better at night thinking that LC shoulda, woulda or coulda beat UC the year they went 37-0, go ahead and think it....Fact of the matter is you didn't and those games will always and forever be losses for the Falcons....I would think you folks would be way past the moral victory slant any way....

When LC was good was around the time my mom was in school. Whitby made LC relavent the past few years. It is no secret that he has had medical trouble combined with all the other stuff the man was just a shell of his former self. It's good to remember the good old days but our society is about, "What have you done for me lately?"

Coach Barger might be successful and might not. Time will tell. It is difficult for a female to coach boys on the HS level for many different reasons. She did well in MS. Give it time. I do agree he could have been let go in a little better manner.

What is a little better manner to release someone from any position. The majority of LC basketball fans are happy. There are a few that are not, but the majority are. What I read was that Whitby was told on Thursday, not at the very end as he told the newspaper. Again, the man can't do it anymore. I know it, you know it, he knows it. It's over and done.. let's move on!

What is a little better manner to release someone from any position. The majority of LC basketball fans are happy. There are a few that are not, but the majority are. What I read was that Whitby was told on Thursday, not at the very end as he told the newspaper. Again, the man can't do it anymore. I know it, you know it, he knows it. It's over and done.. let's move on!

I agree..Is there really a good or better way.?I wrote about it 5 days before it happened so there was an inkling about in in the county somewhere.Maybe the school was going to wait but someone saw what I had written and told me about it and he went and asked.Who knows?I know oo7 and some others are against the move.saw somewhere where a Whitby fan had posted either on here or Tiptonville Topix that his family had given a lot of money to the school because of Whitby.I have a family member that has given more money than probably the school cost when it was built .My mother's brother has given a scholarship to a boy and girl to attend the Univ. of Memphis since the 70's.He was honored a few years ago by a local membership club and again last year for the LCHS alumni awards.He does it for his interest in the school.And I've spent a lot of money myself since the 70's.Most people know I'm at just about every game.So..doubt anyone has spent the money I've spent.Especially someone that is a Whitby fan and maybe only doing it for 9 years.Like Falcon 75 said.There are some upset but the majorith thinks its the best move.!

Purple posted....

Also, if it makes you guys sleep better at night thinking that LC shoulda, woulda or coulda beat UC the year they went 37-0, go ahead and think it....Fact of the matter is you didn't and those games will always and forever be losses for the Falcons....I would think you folks would be way past the moral victory slant any way....

There you go with facts again. What is it with you and facts. Facts are overrated. If you were sitting where I sit you would surely realize that. Don't you think we know the facts? We don't need to hear or read about facts that we are not comfortable with. Of course you must realize that we are not interested in facts that are not good news for us. Who are you really? Are you Purple, Obion County super fan, or Joe Friday.....you know him don't you....you are certainly old enough.........Just the Facts ma'am. Facts smacks, I couldn't care less about the facts unless of course they are in my favor.... :blush:

Ok,now that I have gotten that off my massive chest.......everyone that has read my posts for the last couple of years knows my opinion on the state of our boys basketball program. No need to rehash that now. I am happy to have the Bargers back and wish them much success. Discipline is important in all aspects of life. If you don't have discipline in the family, on the job, in sports you will generally have chaos. Everybody needs discipline from adults to toddlers. I work second shift so I won't get to attend many games, but I will definitely be there when I can. There are some facts for you Purple.......I know you love them so well......you still da man though.....I still wanna be like you when I grow up. You still sporting that pretty white smock?

Union City won and we were lucky to even be in the game if you ask me. I was surprised to say the least. Coach had a good game plan on how to slow Union City down by playing a 1-2-2 zone. If Channing would have just hit his free throws we would have won the game. And the shot that beat us was a impossible shot to hit. He was fading away from the basket when he made that shot. Great shot, union city won, and we have a moral victory by playing Union City the closes of any team they played in their undefeated season.

my buddy spellerone posted.......

"There you go with facts again. What is it with you and facts. Facts are overrated. If you were sitting where I sit you would surely realize that. Don't you think we know the facts? We don't need to hear or read about facts that we are not comfortable with. Of course you must realize that we are not interested in facts that are not good news for us. Who are you really? Are you Purple, Obion County super fan, or Joe Friday.....you know him don't you....you are certainly old enough.........Just the Facts ma'am. Facts smacks, I couldn't care less about the facts unless of course they are in my favor.... ;) "

8-):blush: ...It just gets old hearing that LC shoulda, woulda, coulda beat that 37-0 team...Like you, I had to get that off my chest....Been holding it in awhile...Like three years.... :lol::lol:

Obion County superfan I am not....