Tornado Freestyle Duals

PUMMELKING

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on a Day with Tornado warning's and bad weather all over Tn... how fitting that Team Tornado

won the Tornado Freestyle Duals held @ Science Hill High yesterday. Team Tornado Team Va. Elite and

Team Chattanooga Wrestling all finished tied for first but the winner on criteria with most falls was TEAM TORNADO ...2nd place was Team Va Elite and 3rd was Team Chattanooga Wrestling

1 Team Tornado beat Team Va Elite

2 Team Va Elite beat Team Chattanooga Wrestling

3 Team Chattanooga Wrestling Beat Team Tornado

Great gym full of wrestling with the state represented well and its good to see all these guys working in the spring and summer to get better. Best part for me was to see guys that are great in folkstyle not being scared to put it out there even if freestyle was a new thing to them. Thats how you get better...Thanks to the Guys and gals from Science Hill for working so hard to put this on.

Team Tornado made up of Sullivan NorthSouth Greenville Science Hill 3 from Red Bank 1 from Karnes 1 from McCallie

Jonathan Pierce from The hill had a great day

special thanks to Coach Derek and his crew

Tn Pride from the Pidgeon Forge area

Keagen Matlock from Heritage looked good

Cody Davis enuff said huh

Carlos Schurlknight had a great day

Lions Pride from Middle Tn Beech Hunters Lane Hendersonville Franklin and sev more Coached by Coach Trick

the Franklin boys looked good

Chattanooga Wrestling Club good mix of Bradley/Cleveland 2 from Baylor and Blly Swanson of SD

team had 5 state champs and a couple are multi state champs Coached by Cody Cleveland

Team Virginia Elite from Christianasburg Va. undisputed the days best wrestler Joey Dance

this team was LOADED

Best match of the day had to be Joey Dance VA Elite who bumped up from 119 to 125 to wrestle

Zach Watson of Baylor 2 good wrestlers going at it was fun to watch !!!

Actually the winner was decided by most 5 point victories not just pins for those matches mentioned. Five point victories are pins, FF, or DQ's.

I hope all those guys from middle TN made it home safe and find their homes still standing, bad news about that area.

Good to see all the teams being coached by young guys that do exceptional jobs and who will hopefully take over programs in the near future.

Great day of competition and Coach Harrison did excellent job of hosting the event.

Look forward to seeing everyone in Chattanooga this weekend for the last tournament and gear up before the state tourny.

Who won the match between Joey Dance and Zach Watson?

I don't know directly but based on the fact that sexynasinglet posted that the days best wrestler was Joey Dance, I would assume it to have been Joey Dance that came out on top against Zach Watson.

First I want to say it was a fun weekend with Team TED, composed of a middle school AAU national champ, 3 state champs, 1 3X SC, 2 state finalist.

Great Job to Derek and Caleb for bringing in some good competition.

In the Watson vs. Dance Match it went three periods. 2-1 (dance) 4-1(Watson) 2-1(Dance) and watson was on a leg to win as time expired. Not bad for a kid who does not wrestle much freestyle, hopefully we can get him out to SE regionals and Fargo.

Thanks to Cody Cleveland for coaching the team so I could sit back and watch from the stands.

I could not have been more satisfied with the outcome of the weekend! There was so much great competition and many great matchups!

Primarily, I am extremely pumped about the direction that east TN is heading! Team Tornado (excluding the 3 Red Bank kids) was made up of wrestlers from the east side of the state. Most all of those were region 1 wrestlers. (Science Hill, Greeneville, TN High, Sullivan East, Sullivan South) They made it very clear that this side is also a force to be reckoned with!

These kids have been working extremely hard this offseason and it was great to see them come together and accomplish what they did against such tough competition!

One of my favorite highlights of the weekend was Carson (Not Carlos :popcorneater: ) Schurlknight! He is a Team Tornado wrestler that was farmed out to East TN Pride to fill a spot they didn't have. Carson, who wasn't even on the varsity lineup this year, beat 2 state medalist! One of them being Jericho Crutcher (2nd @ 112)! He was so excited and his confidence shot out of the roof. Everyone's confidence did after this weekend! The intensity in our practice room the start of this week was better than ever! I have never been so optimistic about east TN wrestling. This summer competetion is what is going to make east TN competitive when February rolls around! :thumb:

Thanks to all the teams for taking the trip and bringing such competitive teams to make the tournament so worthwhile!

Full dual results have been sent to Garrett House as of tonight and should be available in the immediate future on the TWF page. I apologize for it taking so long, but typing up full results for 10 duals takes some time!

I was extremely happy with the competitive environment of the duals. Every team had some of the state's best (whether it TN or VA). Boss and Cody brought a really tough CWC team down that gave us a butt kicking in round 2. Weber's Virginia Elite team was nasty as well and the Tornado really stepped up to meet the challenge in round 3.

Thanks to all for coming down. Big Jack did a wonderful job officiating as he always does. Special thanks to Don Riley representing Johnson City Wrestling Club, without him and his contribution this event would not have been as successful. Also I need to thank the King Women Wresters who worked the tables and the parents who volunteered.

Next year this event will be even tougher, I will see to that. I hope to see everyone in the next two weeks whether it being at Chattanooga #2 or State. We will be at both.