Tullahoma at Coffee Co Sub-State/Section

mjuhb

Just as I predicted, Tullahoma is going home. They had no business playing for a chance to go to state. They are awful, no hitting whatsoever. This saves them the embarrassment of two beatdowns at the state.

and you couldn't hit an unsigned pitcher who topped out at 84. Yes, you had a MUCH better chance at hitting Science Hill's soon to be millionaire or Farragut's prodogy. Didn't your fastest player get a 4 step jump on a stolen base and still have a bang-bang play at second? The game wasn't a fluke, but it could have gone either way. However, play Tullahoma next year, and the year after, and the year after, You'll find yourself getting no-hitted in a 5 inning game to the likes of Sheffield, Hess, Roepke, who will all be gunning high 80's-low 90's.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coffee County representing our district in grand style !!!! On a side note, I hope warren County is smart enough to steal assistant Coach Josh Morris (former Warren County standout ) away from you guys !!! We are looking for a head baseball coach for next year, and I think Josh would be the perfect fit. Good luck next week in the "Boro" !!!! i will be rooting for you guys !!!!

Just as I predicted, Tullahoma is going home. They had no business playing for a chance to go to state. They are awful, no hitting whatsoever. This saves them the embarrassment of two beatdowns at the state.

and you couldn't hit an unsigned pitcher who topped out at 84. Yes, you had a MUCH better chance at hitting Science Hill's soon to be millionaire or Farragut's prodogy. Didn't your fastest player get a 4 step jump on a stolen base and still have a bang-bang play at second? The game wasn't a fluke, but it could have gone either way. However, play Tullahoma next year, and the year after, and the year after, You'll find yourself getting no-hitted in a 5 inning game to the likes of Sheffield, Hess, Roepke, who will all be gunning high 80's-low 90's.

While Honea may have been unsigned, please don't make it sound like Siegal got beat by some mediocre pitcher. To me, he's the main reason Tullahoma got as far as they did. I have watched Jacob since Little League and have always been impressed with his skills and baseball savy. Any college willing to sign him will not be disappointed. As for him throwing just 84, means very little to me. He did an outstanding job with locating his fastball and breaking ball this year and keeping hitters off balance. I personally got to see all of the pitching that Tullahoma had, and I didn't see anyone who could match him. While Tullahoma should have a good team next year, and good young pitching, I highly doubt they will be as dominant (no-hitters??) as you make it sound. To me you are losing your #1 and #2 (Millville became #2 towards the end of the year) pitchers this year plus a darn good catcher. Those three pitchers you talk about best get in Honea's hip pocket and learn how to pitch. And speaking of Tullahoma next year, who's going to replace Honea, Parris, Castell and Millville (may be missing one other)? Just curious, because I have an idea who will.

While Honea may have been unsigned, please don't make it sound like Siegal got beat by some mediocre pitcher. To me, he's the main reason Tullahoma got as far as they did. I have watched Jacob since Little League and have always been impressed with his skills and baseball savy. Any college willing to sign him will not be disappointed. As for him throwing just 84, means very little to me. He did an outstanding job with locating his fastball and breaking ball this year and keeping hitters off balance. I personally got to see all of the pitching that Tullahoma had, and I didn't see anyone who could match him. While Tullahoma should have a good team next year, and good young pitching, I highly doubt they will be as dominant (no-hitters??) as you make it sound. To me you are losing your #1 and #2 (Millville became #2 towards the end of the year) pitchers this year plus a darn good catcher. Those three pitchers you talk about best get in Honea's hip pocket and learn how to pitch. And speaking of Tullahoma next year, who's going to replace Honea, Parris, Castell and Millville (may be missing one other)? Just curious, because I have an idea who will.

Honea gets his athletic ability from his mother. Honea's parents at one time lived over your way in Franklin Co and I think the young man lived over there the first year or two of his life.

Honea gets his athletic ability from his mother. Honea's parents at one time lived over your way in Franklin Co and I think the young man lived over there the first year or two of his life.

Yep, fine young man who plays with a lot of heart and passion. Best of luck to him.

Who will. congrats Jacob on a fine season.

Plaisted and Caldwell will probably split catching duties, Sheffield replaced Casteel at the end when he got hurt and did a pretty good job, Sheffield will also probably play short stop. And if Hess or Roepke make the kind of improvement that Honea did from his Jr to Sr year then they'll be fine with pitchers. Milleville's bat and Morris's glove in the outfield will be a tough replacement. I'm sure some sophomore's will step up though. I guess you'll have to wait till March to find out :roflol: