Twenty Ten District 7 AAA

pokerface

2010 will be here soon, let's beat Murphy Fair with some predictions in the Ruth. Co District. Gives some reasons to back up your opinion too...

How many teams get in? 3? 4?

Here's my picks...

1. Oakland - Adams, Mayberry, mitchell, could b potent on offense. Lost McAdoo, Coffey

2. Riverdale - not sure on this one, QB???, lots of JR. Talent though and some SR lineman.

3. Smyrna - Bryson is electric, but has to be plugged in, Meadows and QB are All-District type guys 2, could jump to #2 if bryson is on money.

4. Blackman - lost a lot of names, still got Patton and Thompson.

5. Siegel - lost a lot of names, solid on Defense, young QB maybe?

6. Lavergne - don't know much on them, so have to stick em here, always athletic though.

Is this race close or is it the big three and then a big gap between everyone else?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell had a great spring and Mayberry has gotten stronger in the weight room. BUT I think Frazier will be a difference maker for the Patriots this year.

For the most part, I agree with u.....I hear some players are leaving Riverdale. I am not sure if they are "key" contributors or not. They lost a great field general so I am wondering about their QB.

Mitchell had a great spring and Mayberry has gotten stronger in the weight room. BUT I think Frazier will be a difference maker for the Patriots this year.

For the most part, I agree with u.....I hear some players are leaving Riverdale. I am not sure if they are "key" contributors or not. They lost a great field general so I am wondering about their QB.

There is no doubt about it, losing Dre Frazier last year hurt Oakland pretty good, although it doesnt show on the stat sheet. Oakland will have one of the best offense in the mid-state this season, IMO.

I think Blackman, Riverdale and Oaktown will have big holes to fill due to graduation. Senior quarterbacks with leadership and big ole strong lineman are hard to replace, that's where the games are won or lost.

Im my opinion the team to beat will be Smyrna. The Freshman team of two years ago was very solid across the board. Combined with the Senior class they will be very tough. I think the bigest question will be is can the coaching on offense rise to the level of the talent. :roflolk:

I think Blackman, Riverdale and Oaktown will have big holes to fill due to graduation. Senior quarterbacks with leadership and big ole strong lineman are hard to replace, that's where the games are won or lost.

Im my opinion the team to beat will be Smyrna. The Freshman team of two years ago was very solid across the board. Combined with the Senior class they will be very tough. I think the bigest question will be is can the coaching on offense rise to the level of the talent. :bored:

Eh well Oakland does have big holes to fill, but they also have over 40 seniors to help fill those roles. This same senior class brought Oakland back to legitimacy on the state stage and I dont think they will let Oakland fall back into that kind of mediocrity. Christian Adams gives Oakland a steady hand at quarterback and in the backfield, which is loaded with T Mayberry, Khalil Newman, and Dre Frazier. Oakland will be very solid again, it just maybe a different way in which they achieve that success.

Siegel is the dark horse to watch this year with the new staff and play calling. It is NOT going to be where even the opposition fans can call the plays even before they huddle this year.

Oakland will be solid as usual.

Blackman could be a large threat if they have gotten a QB ready in the off season.

LaVergne, should be consistant this year............BAD!

Smyrna, as usual the pressure will be all on Bryson. One hard working young man does NOT a team make.

R'dale, depends on 'if' they remember that they are allowed to pass and can actually complete a few to keep defenses honest. If they can't it will be a 10 game season..........PERIOD.

ALL the teams need to remember with the current playoff system that there is a possibility of only TWO teams going to the playoffs from this Region/District. EVERY game has playoff possibilities.

Siegel is the dark horse to watch this year with the new staff and play calling. It is NOT going to be where even the opposition fans can call the plays even before they huddle this year.

Blackman could be a large threat if they have gotten a QB ready in the off season.

Smyrna, as usual the pressure will be all on Bryson. One hard working young man does NOT a team make.

R'dale, depends on 'if' they remember that they are allowed to pass and can actually complete a few to keep defenses honest. If they can't it will be a 10 game season..........PERIOD.

ALL the teams need to remember with the current playoff system that there is a possibility of only TWO teams going to the playoffs from this Region/District. EVERY game has playoff possibilities.

Coach Aydellott................you need to get you a flak jacket (with excellent back protection). I am pretty sure that this poster is not the biggest fan of your offense. He does have a breadth of enlightenment and knowledge of the game of football (all phases)

For the record, I think you look out for your players quite well (they think so!!); that is what counts!! and I also think you are a good man!

Great season last year...........many teams about the state would have swapped with you.

Sounds like a true Oakland fan by the way you basically bashed every school on here besides Blackman. Riverdale will be good along with Smyrna. LaVergne will be better this year, and may suprise some teams.

:bored:

It is going to be a LONG season this year.

OK 'Experts' let hear y'alls predictions for this year if you think mine are so bad and we can compare after week 10.

Everybody knows who I am. Y'all going to quit hiding behind screen names?

LOD, I don’t know who you are but that really doesn’t matter. All I know is we sure are on the opposite side of a lot of opinions. Your last post is no different. I will not make “predictions” however I will get into where I think you’re wrong.

* I think Siegel will not be a dark horse, in fact, I feel that they will be battling for the basement in this region with Blackman.

* Blackman will be solid on Defense against the run but they will struggle against the pass. Offensively they will not be the team they were last year. I can say with confidence that they will not put up the points they did last year. However they do have a nice RB coming back.

* I think you are dead wrong with LaVergne. They may be the dark horse. LaVergne has always, always! had talent they just needed some good coaching and I think they may have that now. Oh yea....you still have ill feelings for him for when his Oak Ridge team beat one of Riverdale's mighty squad in the mid 2000's. No mater what you feel about him, a State Title and a runner up is not bad on a resume. He knows how to win.

*Riverdale can be thrown on and will be slow out of the gate this year. I can see them coming together at the end of the year to battle for a playoff spot though. But you may be right it could be a 10 game season for them

* Oakland is the only school we truly agree on here; I too think they will be solid. They have some holes to fill but some talent to fill them.

* Smyrna: do you honestly think Smyrna is a one man team this year?? If so, you’re more off your rocker then I thought. I'm not saying they are not beatable, in fact I think they will loss one or two games people think they should win but a one man team they are not. I think they have a pretty good LB.....what's his name......oh yea "Meadows". If I'm not mistaking their QB is a 3 year started who has an above average arm and some talent around him. They are loaded with talent and speed and will battle for the title this year. And I’m not just talking about the region title.

Let get this started.

August 20th can not come fast enough!!!