Humboldt Basketball

JungleJim125

Too bad for Humboldt fans their team doesn't play as well in the state tournament as they do in the regular season and district and regional tournament.....Fans from outside of West Tn really have not seen them at their best when they get to Murfreesboro....

They do less with more talent than any team in the state when they get to the Final 8....You can't even call them Buffalo Bills-like...At least the Bills would actually GET to the Super Bowl...

I have to agree with you it seems the Boldt just can't click come state tourney time. But with the bunch they have coming that just might change! Well like we say time will tell! :thumb:

I'm afraid that you guys have gone about as far as you are gonna go with the current coaching staff you have....Harry Ferguson was the same way at Union City...He had some VERY good teams...#1 rated teams...Got to Murfreesboro ONE time...And lost to Humboldt in the first round....Ferguson leaves and goes to Trenton and UC wins 5 State Championships and gets to The Boro two other times and gets to the Sub-State round 4 other times....Ferguson got to the sub-state round one other time and lost at home...I know when I was in school he had three teams reach #1 in the 2A polls...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idea to throw out. Xmass Tourney at DC. Boys only.

Listed teams.

LC

UC

Humbolt

DC

Bolivar

Liberty

Melrose

Southwind

Think it could happen? It would be sold out! Seem doable if they start now!

I would love to see it happen.Even if Lake Co were to get trounced by Melrose or Southwind.Have maybe Southwind vs Liberty,Bolivar vs Melrose,Dyer Co versud one of the other schools.Now if I had my way,it would be Southwind versus Melrose just so our area could see two excellent teams,then Humboldt versus Liberty,two schools pretty close to each other ..then either Lake Co versus Dyer Co ,two teams close to each other and because Lake Co doesn't play Dyer Co in the regular season wheras Union City probably does.I know they did last year.Not sure about this year.Then have Bolivar and Union City play.I know some would say if Southwind and Melrose were to play ,they'd stay in Memphis.I understand that.Just that I'd love to see them play in this area.To give the fans here a treat.

Idea to throw out. Xmass Tourney at DC. Boys only.

Listed teams.

LC

UC

Humbolt

DC

Bolivar

Liberty

Melrose

Southwind

Think it could happen? It would be sold out! Seem doable if they start now!

Lake Co usually plays in Illinois but with a new coach,not sure if they will this year.Hopefully they'll stay home with our girls and play in Dyersburg..Union City and Dyer Co usually both travel.Why not stay home ?But I like your idea.Or if nothing elase..get Lake Co,Dyer Co,Humboldt,Union City and 4 more teams ,from Ark,Missouri,Illinois..wherever ..Or Bolivar and Liberty and add 2 teams if the Memphis schools didn't want to do it.Just having Humboldt,Lake Co,Union City and Dyer Co in the same gym would be a sellout.!

I don't think Melrose or Southwind would mind traveling up there again, Southwind will need to face a Liberty and Dyer Co. next year if they don't see the Choctaws in the playoffs.

Melrose or Southwind would have to play Dyer Co or Liberty or Bolivar more than likely to keep the score close ,unless Southwind did play Melrose.I know that probably is far fetched but it would be great for a lot of fans to see J3,Adonis Thomas,McAfee and players of that talent.I've seen J3 but haven't had the opportunity to see the others from Melrose.

Why at Dyer County ???

Well because that's the place Scout was requesting..lol..A nice gym..The Memphis teams could be there in just a litle over an hour..Lake Co,Liberty,Humboldt,and Union City would be pretty close and Dyer Co does bring a crowd.I saw Union City about 6 times last year and the crowds weren't like they had been with Weddle and M.J. Brown and Company.In Illinois,may have been 10 people from Union City.They had a decent crowd againgt Dyer Co..When Lake Co played at Union City ,I thought Lake Co had more people at Union City than Union City did.And when Union City played at Lake Co,the Lake Co side was full.Union City didn't fill half the other side.!

Well because that's the place Scout was requesting..lol..A nice gym..The Memphis teams could be there in just a litle over an hour..Lake Co,Liberty,Humboldt,and Union City would be pretty close and Dyer Co does bring a crowd.I saw Union City about 6 times last year and the crowds weren't like they had been with Weddle and M.J. Brown and Company.In Illinois,may have been 10 people from Union City.They had a decent crowd againgt Dyer Co..When Lake Co played at Union City ,I thought Lake Co had more people at Union City than Union City did.And when Union City played at Lake Co,the Lake Co side was full.Union City didn't fill half the other side.!

You act like I meant play in Union City...I wasn't...Play at UTM...Play at Oman Arena...If it's gonna be big time teams, play in a big time arena...Don't play where one team will have a decided advantage....

I think you meant Ky...Not Illinois...

Hey, I went to see em play at Murray State one time and there was me,my two sons and my dad there to see em...HaHa !!

You act like I meant play in Union City...I wasn't...Play at UTM...Play at Oman Arena...If it's gonna be big time teams, play in a big time arena...Don't play where one team will have a decided advantage....

I think you meant Ky...Not Illinois...

Hey, I went to see em play at Murray State one time and there was me,my two sons and my dad there to see em...HaHa !!

Yea,I thought you had Union City on your mind..I was going to say..Where do you want to have it?At Lake Co. It would need to be at a bigger place no doubt.And yes it was in Kentucky.I went to the Illinois tournament also and sometimes lose track.Hard to believe you went to a game and just about 4 of yall were there?What do you think about Union City and Central this coming year?

Yea,I thought you had Union City on your mind..I was going to say..Where do you want to have it?At Lake Co. It would need to be at a bigger place no doubt.And yes it was in Kentucky.I went to the Illinois tournament also and sometimes lose track.Hard to believe you went to a game and just about 4 of yall were there?What do you think about Union City and Central this coming year?

Well...Seeing as how I drank that Green and Gold koolaid last season and picked them over UC, sad moment for me no doubt, I'm going to say the Tornadoes will be 2nd to Humboldt...

As for OC, they are going to have some new faces...The Wade kid from South Fulton, the Fair kid from Fulton County and the Williams kid that will be back on the team after not being on the team for a season will all be playing for the Rebels...Last season, I had them winning 8 games..I believe they won 5...I was giving them the benefit of the doubt they could beat more of their 1A opponents than they did..I'll say 12 wins max this season...Unless of course they change their style of play and go to a more deliberate, ball control offense..They don't have the shooters to consistently jack up threes all night....

Well...Seeing as how I drank that Green and Gold koolaid last season and picked them over UC, sad moment for me no doubt, I'm going to say the Tornadoes will be 2nd to Humboldt...

As for OC, they are going to have some new faces...The Wade kid from South Fulton, the Fair kid from Fulton County and the Williams kid that will be back on the team after not being on the team for a season will all be playing for the Rebels...Last season, I had them winning 8 games..I believe they won 5...I was giving them the benefit of the doubt they could beat more of their 1A opponents than they did..I'll say 12 wins max this season...Unless of course they change their style of play and go to a more deliberate, ball control offense..They don't have the shooters to consistently jack up threes all night....

Yes I guess that was a sad moment..but even sadder this year because I think you meant to type in a 3 instaed of a 2.For 3rd place.Lake Co will be the number 1 team,followed by Humboldt and then Union City.!