Humboldt Basketball

JungleJim125

You are right Viking fans are hush,hush right now! But from what i hear with what they have coming up from the Jr high ranks they will be on here when BB time starts! I have some buddies from HBT and i think right now that from talking to a few of them! Viking fans are looking forward to football season. Alot of HBT faithful say that Bland has got HBT on the right track! Talking as HBT will very good and that the furture is bright for the Vikings ahead! We will soon see just right around the corner! All i can say the Vikings better have a pretty good team with the killer schedule they play! Like i say we will know shortly good luck to the Falcons as well and Peabody! :thumb:

I'll repost when basketball time comes around..just to stir them up.Good luck with football this year

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a basketball fan. A lot of my loyalty left when my good friend in coach Whitby was dismissed from coaching at lake county. I will come to some due to the fact I like Craig and Jay and respect them for all they do. And I like the kids like Rafeal, Caleb, B.J., and Devon. But I will be going and supporting teams like Union City. I lived there for three years and made a lot of friends while being there. Marty Sisco is a good person to talk to and very friendly everytime I've encountered him. Plus Chipper is a very good friend of mine and I get to interact with a lot of the Union City's ball players.

I think the attendance will suffer big time without Coach Whitby.

This year I will travel to more game that don't include Lake County. I hope to see Melrose, Southwind, Central, and White Station. I really want to see Leron Black play for White Station. I will make a effort to see clarksville northeastern and the academy school also. Good luck to all teams.

007..I respect your opinion.But I think Lake Co is going to pack the gym every night.And not just because of the girls.Chipper is a good guy.Before the season is over,I have a feeling both of yall will be on the Lake Co band wagon.And as far as Coach Barger and Lake Co.I think we're about to go on a magical ride..I got one of those genie lamps out.rubbed it thinking it was Shane's head and I got a magical feeling.This is going to be a great year.!

Edited by mrbigster

007..I respect your opinion.But I think Lake Co is going to pack the gym every night.And not just because of the girls.Chipper is a good guy.Before the season is over,I have a feeling both of yall will be on the Lake Co band wagon.And as far as Coach Barger and Lake Co.I think we're about to go on a magical ride..I got one of those genie lamps out.rubbed it thinking it was Shane's head and I got a magical feeling.This is going to be a great year.!

Wow..Getting a tingly feeling thinking about rubbing Shane's head...Just wow.... :roflolk: :roflolk:

One thing about it, if the folks that followed Obion Central all over the country when Whitby was coach there and followed him to LC come back to OC, the Rebels attendance will see a spike when the boys are playing...

Yes.I've heard it a lot of times already myself.When you see her on the sideline I believe you're going to be impressed whether she is a man or a woman.Some are just upset because Coach Whitby is gone or because Lake Co didn't let him leave on his own.So no matter who is coaching..wouldn't be enough.Now let's fast forward.I'm sure Lake Co has had better teams than this years upcoming team.What if she goes farther ?Then what?My buddy 007 said look at what Kim did when coaching the boys.Coach Whitby openely said the same thing in the newspaper that Coach Barger is going to find out that it's not the same as a woman coaching a high school boys team.He said the same thing.Look at what Kim did.The year Kim coached,she didn't have anything at all.Last years Dyersburg team was a lot better team than what she had but Lake Co beat them by about 12 points.If Lake Co isn't among the top,I'd be surprised.I don't believe it will be because of coahing.at least the lack of not having a coach.And again..I believe next year will really be Lake Co's year..but think this year is going to be betetr than a lot of people are expecting.!

1. I've seen her coach..She does get fired up..Could make for some interesting sideline fireworks when LC plays UC...

2. I imagine the ones upset about Whitby are the ones that followed him to Tiptonville from Troy...

3. Yes, LC has had better teams in the past...

4. So if coach Barger doesn't do well, it won't be coaching but it was coaching when Whitby was there ??

5. This is the year ??..Sounding a lot like a Cubs fan now...Sorry, couldn't resist...

1. I've seen her coach..She does get fired up..Could make for some interesting sideline fireworks when LC plays UC...

2. I imagine the ones upset about Whitby are the ones that followed him to Tiptonville from Troy...

3. Yes, LC has had better teams in the past...

4. So if coach Barger doesn't do well, it won't be coaching but it was coaching when Whitby was there ??

5. This is the year ??..Sounding a lot like a Cubs fan now...Sorry, couldn't resist...

I would think your number 3 and 4 would go hand in hand.You say LC has had better teams in the past so if they lose more,why shouldn't it be the coaching?But if they win more this year with what you and even some other Falcon fans think aren't as talented..would think it must be the coaching.As far as coaching when Coach Whitby was there?For some reason a lot of Obion Co supporters that think Coach Whitby really did some great coaching.A lot of Lake Co people that actually saw Lake Co the past several years would disagee.Many think Lake Co under achieved.I saw him lose at least 5 games the past 3 or 4 years when any other coach would have won those games on that night.Speller and some of the other true fans know it's true.I know a coach can't make free throws or aren't out there throwing the ball away but he made some coaching mistakes,not calling timeouts..let a defender drive all the way down the floor to win on a layup.A 3 point lead with just 7 seconds left and no timeouts and at least 4 fouls to give before the other team would shoot free throws,Then sat there and watched the team shoot a three and tie the game.Lake Co lost in overtime.Coach Whitby is a fine person.was a great coach during his lifetime..but really didn't do any coaching at all the past 3 years.Some like 007 have their opinions and there are others that support him.That's fine also.I have no problem with them believing that.There are others that think he hasn't done anything.I heard people all over the stands and said he needed to go.One was a former star himself and has a brother playing now.I heard him say that and Whitby took him with him everywhere he went while he was playing for Coach Whitby.007 will know first hand who I'm talking about as will most Falcon fans.He said this to me walking out of the gym at Brighton .I did like that Coach Whitby just let Lake Co play and shoot if they were open and a lot of times when they weren't.I don't like the slow down kind of playing.

Edited by mrbigster

Sorry, it's been a while since I have been on here. I've been taking summer classes in the Boro, so I really haven't had much time to get on. I am not really sure on what Humboldt has coming back (besides, Campbell, Brookes, and Bryson), but I have heard that we have some good athletes coming up from the Junior High. Unless one of them is a big man, I don't see any of them starting over Quan and Antonio. Like I said, I have been in the Boro since January, so I have not had any time to go home and get some info. I'm sure someone will get on here and indulge us on some Viking Basketball!

Sorry, it's been a while since I have been on here. I've been taking summer classes in the Boro, so I really haven't had much time to get on. I am not really sure on what Humboldt has coming back (besides, Campbell, Brookes, and Bryson), but I have heard that we have some good athletes coming up from the Junior High. Unless one of them is a big man, I don't see any of them starting over Quan and Antonio. Like I said, I have been in the Boro since January, so I have not had any time to go home and get some info. I'm sure someone will get on here and indulge us on some Viking Basketball!

The middle school had a lot of talent.I remember a young man that wore a headband was pretty muscular and should be a stud and I really liked the tall left handed guard.Very smooth..Seems like the Vikings had a big man but can't remember.But if he was..nowhwere like the other two...Lake Co had a couple also.One is playing at the high school and I believe the other player is going to Dyer Co for his freshman year.Probably more for football but Dyer Co has a lot of young stud players that are freskmen and sophomores that are already starting.I believe he's making a big mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

ehhh... I only read the first few comments that were posted on this subject. As far as Class A goes, I don't see any real threat for Humboldt (then again, there IS UC and LC!?... But I THINK - hence, think - we'll be able to handle them for most of the season; we'll just have to watch our backs as Tourney time draws nearer in 6 months). The 2009-2010 season was a rebuilding year for Humboldt, but we still did a great job in getting ourselves in the State Tournament for the 4th time in 5 years. The Vikings SHOULD be more prepared this season, as they only lost two Seniors this time around. I'm not worried about their athleticism... for a Class A school, you have to admit that Humboldt produces some pretty "killer" athletes. I'm just concerned about their judgement and height... From a team that had most players around 6'3" to even reaching 6'7", Bryson is now the only big man on the team. I know height isn't everything, but it's certainly a factor! Also, we had 3 new starters last season (Dunbar and Campbell the only ones from the great '08-'09 season)... As I watched the basketball games, I saw "young player" mistakes that were being made. Hopefully they'll be able to make better decision this time. I'm not sure if I'll ever enjoy watching our team as much as I did in the past (ESPECIALLY in the '08-'09 season and the seasons prior to that)... but I do know that you have to move forward. If Humboldt can regain its full potential, then they can be one of the BEST teams in ANY classification in the State! (same goes for UC and LC). I'll always be a Viking faithful.

ehhh... I only read the first few comments that were posted on this subject. As far as Class A goes, I don't see any real threat for Humboldt (then again, there IS UC and LC!?... But I THINK - hence, think - we'll be able to handle them for most of the season; we'll just have to watch our backs as Tourney time draws nearer in 6 months). The 2009-2010 season was a rebuilding year for Humboldt, but we still did a great job in getting ourselves in the State Tournament for the 4th time in 5 years. The Vikings SHOULD be more prepared this season, as they only lost two Seniors this time around. I'm not worried about their athleticism... for a Class A school, you have to admit that Humboldt produces some pretty "killer" athletes. I'm just concerned about their judgement and height... From a team that had most players around 6'3" to even reaching 6'7", Bryson is now the only big man on the team. I know height isn't everything, but it's certainly a factor! Also, we had 3 new starters last season (Dunbar and Campbell the only ones from the great '08-'09 season)... As I watched the basketball games, I saw "young player" mistakes that were being made. Hopefully they'll be able to make better decision this time. I'm not sure if I'll ever enjoy watching our team as much as I did in the past (ESPECIALLY in the '08-'09 season and the seasons prior to that)... but I do know that you have to move forward. If Humboldt can regain its full potential, then they can be one of the BEST teams in ANY classification in the State! (same goes for UC and LC). I'll always be a Viking faithful.

I can agree and understand where you are coming from. Humboldt year in and out always put out good athletes. The problem for Humboldt is always been a question mark about coaching! I think anybody that has watched Humboldt over the years will agree. But it's a while to go yet we will see in a few months!

Edited by zebra99

No real threat?We'll see in a few months.Lake Co will feature as good a guard in Rafael Tyler as there is in Single A.Devon Jones,a player that moved in last year and started toward the end of the season is about 6'2 or 6'3.Ricky Boyd,very fast and pretty good around the basket is back.Caleb Bledsoe,about 6'4 who mant thought would start is coming off the bence.And Derek Swift,the player that got in trouble at the end of the year is back.Had 20 points and 20 rebounds against Union City.If he can stay out of trouble,I believe he'll be the best player on the floor.And Lake Co can also go big.Lake Co can put 6'6 B.J. Gauldin on Bryson down low and I don't see Bryson doing much.He doesn't seem to be the outside shooter like the Humboldt big men in past years and seems to get a lot of points under the basket against smaller players.I think Lake Co will be the team to beat personally.!

No real threat?We'll see in a few months.Lake Co will feature as good a guard in Rafael Tyler as there is in Single A.Devon Jones,a player that moved in last year and started toward the end of the season is about 6'2 or 6'3.Ricky Boyd,very fast and pretty good around the basket is back.Caleb Bledsoe,about 6'4 who mant thought would start is coming off the bence.And Derek Swift,the player that got in trouble at the end of the year is back.Had 20 points and 20 rebounds against Union City.If he can stay out of trouble,I believe he'll be the best player on the floor.And Lake Co can also go big.Lake Co can put 6'6 B.J. Gauldin on Bryson down low and I don't see Bryson doing much.He doesn't seem to be the outside shooter like the Humboldt big men in past years and seems to get a lot of points under the basket against smaller players.I think Lake Co will be the team to beat personally.!

i agree LC will be better and UC will be UC! No treat in single a i can't believe that was even posted! Need to worry they will have plenty of treats come BB season!