Top teams in All Classes

basketballnut

For single A what about the Moore County Raiderettes. Last years state runner ups and they only lost one senior. They also have a Sophmore Sarah Raby who was on the all state tournament team as a freshman.

Same situation at Scotts Hill,losing only one senior,but have some FIERCE competition to make a return trip to the glass house.Several teams are gearing up to make a run,Lake Co.,Dresden,Humboldt....that region is LOADED,then there's Middleton in our dist.,waiting to send us on the road....ever play a substate game at Gleason,makes you feel like Custer must have!Having said all that,barring injuries,the Lady Lions stand as good a' chance as anyone in the Western section to be one of the last eight standing.To fully answer the "top teams" question posed,how could I sleep without including Jackson Co.?Until someone knocks them off,who else could the favorite be? :rolleyes:

Edited by tradertwo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may sound stupid saying this and may sound biased, but don't be surprised to see Gibson Co. back this year in Murfreesboro. I watched us a bit over the summer and we seemed to be rolling right along. We are going to be ALOT smaller than last year, however we still have some girls that can play. This team is going to be very young with only 2 Seniors in the Tyree twins. Courtney Haynes and Khadijah Alexander (Juniors) are the 2 starters back from the state championship team and Tori Reedy (Sophomore) was the first one off the bench on last years team. Magan Porter will probably run the point and one of the Tyree twins will be the other guard along side Haynes. This team is still going to be good despite losing the big 3 from last year. We are also under a new head coach this year in Coach Michael Hart who was the former boys coach at GC.

• 2 weeks later...

I may sound stupid saying this and may sound biased, but don't be surprised to see Gibson Co. back this year in Murfreesboro. I watched us a bit over the summer and we seemed to be rolling right along. We are going to be ALOT smaller than last year, however we still have some girls that can play. This team is going to be very young with only 2 Seniors in the Tyree twins. Courtney Haynes and Khadijah Alexander (Juniors) are the 2 starters back from the state championship team and Tori Reedy (Sophomore) was the first one off the bench on last years team. Magan Porter will probably run the point and one of the Tyree twins will be the other guard along side Haynes. This team is still going to be good despite losing the big 3 from last year. We are also under a new head coach this year in Coach Michael Hart who was the former boys coach at GC.

Is coach Michael Hart any kin to the Duke fan David Hart? :flower:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same situation at Scotts Hill,losing only one senior,but have some FIERCE competition to make a return trip to the glass house.Several teams are gearing up to make a run,Lake Co.,Dresden,Humboldt....that region is LOADED,then there's Middleton in our dist.

Trader, the Lady Lions scrimmaged Humboldt last week. Can't say I've ever been as nervous about a 'scrimmage game' as I was this one. Of course, scrimmaging your substate opponent from a year ago will do that I guess. The scrimmage was at SH and the Lady Lions played well. We were up 14 at halftime and won by 9. Again, this was just a scrimmage so we can't read too much in, but regardless the Lady Lions looked very good.

Trader, the Lady Lions scrimmaged Humboldt last week. Can't say I've ever been as nervous about a 'scrimmage game' as I was this one. Of course, scrimmaging your substate opponent from a year ago will do that I guess. The scrimmage was at SH and the Lady Lions played well. We were up 14 at halftime and won by 9. Again, this was just a scrimmage so we can't read too much in, but regardless the Lady Lions looked very good.

Humboldt seems to be the 4th or 5th place team in the district this year behind Lake Co,Greenfield and Bradford and maybe even Union City.

Having seen Ensworth I would say they will be every bit as good as last years team- Slay, Byner and Swett have noticably improved. They have good size, speed and played very effective m2m defense. What might be more important they seemed to have good chemistry- They destributed the ball very well and beat FRA easily. Ensworth had two teams playing (JV I guess)- not sure what players were participating when they played JP II..... hard to see them losing to JP II, a team that FRA beat easily in this camp.

FRA girls lost in the state finals last year and only graduated 1 player, good luck beating them this year. And it doesn't help Ensworth that FRA returns TN's Miss Basketball, who is only a sophomore. So have fun with that

FRA girls lost in the state finals last year and only graduated 1 player, good luck beating them this year. And it doesn't help Ensworth that FRA returns TN's Miss Basketball, who is only a sophomore. So have fun with that

Well...I don't believe Ensworth will worry about that since they are DII-AA and FRA is DII-A. Also Ensworth beat FRA by 30 at team camp this summer!

Lake Co has looked pretty good so far with wins at the Westview Playday against Gleason by 9 points in a game that they had a 17 point lead and pulled the starters,Wayne Co by 10.,Creek Wood by 4 and a win in the Dyersburg Jamboree last night against Obion Central by 12 points in which they had a 17 point lead at one time in the 2nd quarter before pulling their starters .