Tragedy at Forrest High School

CoachT

A Forrest High School player collapsed and passed away during pre-game of the game tonight with Watertown. His teammates found out about his death during halftime and decided to continue the game. Forrest won 33-25.

I am listening to this report on the radio and do not know the young man's name. According to the radio report he had a seizure during simple, non-contact drills during warm-up. Our condolences and prayers go to this young man's family as well as his teammates and coaches at Forrest.

[Edited by coacht on 9-27-02 11:03P]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by coacht:

A Forrest High School player collapsed and passed away during pre-game of the game tonight with Watertown. His teammates found out about his death during halftime and decided to continue the game. Forrest won 33-25.

I am listening to this report on the radio and do not know the young man's name. Our condolences and prayers go to this young man's family as well as his teammates and coaches at Forrest.

Awwww...CoachT that`s horrble! My prayers will be with the team, family, and fans. :D

First off... my condolences to the young man's real and football family. I'm still trying to find out more information as well... and Coach T Knows more than I do... I have learned the player's name but as a journalist I can't release it until the people in charge say I can. I was told the young man was a junior who was very well liked by the community.

I just talked with the Forrest Principal Mike Bishop. He was very gracious to talk with us. The young man who died was Chad Franklin. He was a Junior Tight End. Principal Bishop says he simply collapsed on the field during non-contact warmups. EMT's on the scene were on the field within moments and rushed him to the Lewisburg hospital. The players apparently decided to play on. Franklin died sometime during the game, but according to Principal Bishop an announcement wasn't made until after the game's completion.

You're the first people to get this message... even ahead of our network.

I won't editorialize other than to say that this is a perspective check for me. Hopefully it'll be for everyone else as well.

Brant Douglas

Tennessee Radio Network H.S. Scoreboard Host

Guest CrnchyBlac4Ever

I'm being serious here and saying much love to forrest highschool, the player's family and friends and the forrest team. Props to the rockets for showing more guts than anything ive ever heard of and playing the rest of the game. If that doesnt show heart, i dont know what does. My deepest sympathy to all who knew this player...

The Chapel Hill community has been hit hard this week. A former graduate and basketball player Richie Pruitt died in a car wreck Monday morning, and as things get as close to back to normal as they can, this happens. Chad was a really sweet boy, and it couldnt have happened to a better person. My condolences to his family, he will be missed. RIP Chad and Richie.