CAK vs. Grace

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAYYYYY too early to start this topic.....

I agree it's way too early to predict an outcome since we haven't had any practices in pads, or any contact scrimmages, or any injuries to report yet. But since I'm not a coach and not responsible for keeping the players focused on the immediate issues, I'd love to comment on this game. :P

Grace thinks they will win. I've spoken with a couple of their players and dads over the summer. They are building this game up inside their locker room like it is the Super Bowl. Especially since they are not eligible for the playoffs for the next 2 years. Last year at the end of the season I was told by a trusted friend that the Grace coach was doing an interview on the radio (prior to playing S.Pitt). He was congratualated on a great season. It was mentioned that they had only lost 1 game during the regular season (against CAK). To paraphrase the coach, he said he would like to have that one back because he thought there would be a different result. CAK beat his team by 16pts, despite having over 100 yds in penalties and losing 5 turnovers. Grace's offense scored 1 (penalty aided) TD, the other came on a kickoff return. Not sure how he thinks he would have gotten a different result, most likely just his competitive spirit coming out. At any rate, Grace believes they can and will beat CAK.

CAK is confident they will beat Grace. Nobody on the team underestimates or is overlooking the Rams. But nobody is intimidated either. In fact, most were disappointed that the Warriors didn't beat Grace worse than they did last year. The Warriors will not have a great deal of depth, but their starting lineup on both sides of the ball should be strong.

This is the first football game of the 2010 season in the state of TN and it will be broadcast on live TV. It's a Thursday night game and there should be a nice crowd on hand. I believe it will be a competitive game to begin with, but I think CAK will be too tough, too fast and too focused to allow Grace to steal the show. IMHO, Grace's offense will be more challenged to gain yards and put up points on the CAK defense than vice versa.

Edited by FootballDad

• 4 weeks later...

Jr's Dad, FootballDad, or GVK should start this one. Or a Grace fan. But these three are legends of the message boards. So...what are yall's opinion's?

I am truly humbled by your comments, a legend I am not.

I have not had the privilege of watching Grace play this year so I can only go on what I have seen in publication. It appears the Grace defense is "solid." Their "front four is as good as anybody's in the state, from 1A to 6A." I am looking forward to see how our offensive line matches up against the D-line of Grace.

Grace will again be solid, not sure how we will stack up against last year's team, but should be pretty solid. QB is a concern, no offense to Blake, he's been thrown into the starting roll this year after our starter last year decided not to play. Defense looks good, need to get more aggressive at corner, but overall should be a strength of the team.

As for CAK, didn't get to Neyland last night in time to see the Warriors. Can't wait to see Epperly again, he's a great talent. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thursday night. Glad to see Football season roll around again.

Grace will again be solid, not sure how we will stack up against last year's team, but should be pretty solid. QB is a concern, no offense to Blake, he's been thrown into the starting roll this year after our starter last year decided not to play. Defense looks good, need to get more aggressive at corner, but overall should be a strength of the team.

As for CAK, didn't get to Neyland last night in time to see the Warriors. Can't wait to see Epperly again, he's a great talent. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thursday night. Glad to see Football season roll around again.

WOW good post,wouldnt know you were a ram supporter,they need more fans like you on this board.no smoke blowing here!after seeing maryville and alcoa and even willliam blounts front line,your coach is a little dillusional thinking they could compare-men among boys in 6-a to 1a.to much to choose from.hope to read more of your post in future.

Welcome to the T! Hope you have a great season.

Jr's Dad, FootballDad, or GVK should start this one. Or a Grace fan. But these three are legends of the message boards. So...what are yall's opinion's?

:oops::wub::roll:B) Legend? Me? They like me, they really, really like me? Thanks Warriors011 but I hope this doesn't obligate me to buy dinner for you and the gang. Actually, I get all of my insight from JD & GVK and of course our fellow BOH liars club over in Blount County.

I'm glad the game is on Thursday, one less day to moan about the poor overall performance lastnight at the jamboree. No need to dwell on the only negative so far this fall camp. I'm wadding it up, throwing it away, and focusing on Grace. By the way, Grace didn't look so hot lastnight either.

If all things are equal, meaning the weather is good, the officiating is fair, and both teams play to their abilities, I believe CAK will win, and could win convincingly. I stand by an earlier comment that I believe Grace's offense will have more trouble against CAK's defense than vice versa. The loss of "hoppy" at QB for Grace has knocked them down a notch on offense in my opinion. The kid they have now may develope into a fine QB down the road, but he doesn't appear to be ready for varsity football right now. If he has to go to the air very often I believe CAK will make him pay with some INT's. Grace does run a very mulitple offense with a wide variety of formations which could cause some problems early on in the game, but Coach M.Bradley & staff are pretty smart at adjusting to what they are seeing. The Grace Oline is big, and #3(Waters) is a threat, but he has a tendency to put the ball on the ground. #12(Frank)is also a threat at TE but appears to have only average speed. Both those players along with 3-4 more play both ways. Fatique will play a factor, especially in the first game of the season with a 7PM kickoff. CAK's offense runs at a tireless pace with the passing game and the no huddle. Additionally, CAK starts only 1 player both ways, and he is given multiple breathers.

Offensively CAK can score quick through the air and has a very capable running game if Coach R.Bradley calls for it. I wish the Warriors were more balanced, but throwing the ball first is Bradley's mode of operation. Epperly can throw it, and there is a talented (but physically small overall)group of receivers for him to play toss and catch with. A couple of kids with very good speed and excellent hands makes this a go-to bunch. The interior of the Oline is about as solid as it gets. Those guys are veterans of the trenches and they can hold their own with just about anyone. A couple of new guys on the edges, but they are certainly capable. A few early screens and draws could assist in slowing down the pass rush from the edges and help the newby's with their blocking.

So, overall I expect the Warriors to win by a couple of scores. But Grace is certainly capable of controlling the clock, keeping the game close, then maybe a turnover or key penalty swings things their way and they get the win.

Welcome gcapride!!! Good to see some grace fans "on board" for these discussions. You got it about right FD, IMO. If both teams play like they did in the jamboree, we could see a very low scoring game, but i doubt that'll happen. both offenses will be sharper come Thursday. This is gonna be a fun one, and I cant wait to feel the excitement of football season running through my veins again come Thursday afternoon/night!!