New Bat Rule in Place Immediately

govols78

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My link if you read this update on the subject it plainly says the bbcor standard goes in effect 2012. They are banning composite barreled bats now, but only composite bats.

The Composites being banned now is mainly what I was looking at. Stores are still selling them & they are useless. There has been no news release or advertising stating this new change for this year. Most places say NOT NCAA APPROVED, but nothing that High Schools have banned them also. TSSAA said they were not changing till next year, but now this release says this year. A lot of players are going to have to find new bats this year....It just seems like another big money maker to NOT advertise & help the bat companies get rid of their useless comps.

My son is starting college so we don't have to deal with it, but we gave his comp to my nephew who will be a HS senior so the bat would get more than 1 year usage. Now it seems that he won't get to use it this year.

Needs to be more notice or a trade in option, the bats were approved originally. Just my thoughts on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got to see the new Demarini's in action last night.The sound is a cross between

composite and wood. Very different. The ball seems to come off a little better than wood.

An seems to have more pop than wood. But it is going to take away some hits

from guys that got the little dinkers before. Seems you have got to swing them instead of

just putting the bat in front of the ball. They will be eye openers. But this is the college bats.

Don't know what restrictions will be on high school. If their the same it is going to change the game.

• 2 weeks later...