DISTRICT 10---OUTLOOK 2010

NeWbLuE

Wow the ER Fairview game surprises me . the box score in tenessean says Hand had 171 yrds and 256 \total yrds. So that tells me they were moving the ball some.. must not have been able to punch it in. ohhh i see Fairview had 158 yards in the air. Must have been the ticket. any one there ?

WHHeritage looked good Walker had 176 yards moved it pretty good. Scored on the first drive of the night. Watertowns first score came on a pass play to the endzone....heritage player intercepts the ball comes down ball bounces off his chest and directly into a Watertown reciever. Just as it is about to hit the ground. Wild play. Heritage controlled game from beginning to end.

Too bad our district didn't show too well in first week.

Go Patriots- week off and then JB

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the ER Fairview game surprises me . the box score in tenessean says Hand had 171 yrds and 256 \total yrds. So that tells me they were moving the ball some.. must not have been able to punch it in. ohhh i see Fairview had 158 yards in the air. Must have been the ticket. any one there ?

Stats were a little decieving. Hand broke a 30 plus yard run and had 3 ten plus yard runs. Then # 20 had a 40 yard run on a botched punt. Besides that they were held in check by Fairview's defense. Hand is a great back, but East Robertson will struggle for this three reasons.

1. Their O-Line Play

2. Lack of a Passing Game

3. Poor Special Teams Play

The score could of easily of been 49-0. Fairview recievers dropped 5 passes that could of kept drives alive or dropped for TD's. IMO, WH-Heritage is a better team at this point in time.

Well here we are a year later and the same results...the district doesn't have a good showing in week zero.

Results from week 0:

East Robertson 0, Fairview 35

McEwen 6, Stewart Co. 26

NCS 6, Hillwood 7

CA 0, Forrest 7

Houston Co. 12, Jackson Co. 47

WHH 26, Watertown 13

Although the district went 1-5, I'd have to say that CA had a good showing as did NCS. Thoughts???

I must say that I am shocked by the CA/Forrest result. I would normally think Forrest would be a minimum of 5 scores better than CA... on a bad day for the Rockets. Does anyone have info on this game? Is this a down year for the Forrest? What about NCS/Hillwood, which appears to have been a close affair? Is all of this talk being done by NCS fans being backed up, or does Hillwood suck anyway?

I must say that I am shocked by the CA/Forrest result. I would normally think Forrest would be a minimum of 5 scores better than CA... on a bad day for the Rockets. Does anyone have info on this game? Is this a down year for the Forrest? What about NCS/Hillwood, which appears to have been a close affair? Is all of this talk being done by NCS fans being backed up, or does Hillwood suck anyway?

Forrest was MUCH bigger than CA, but CA played well on defense. CA turned the ball over 5 times - 4 fumbles and an interception. CA moved the ball in big chunks. They were certainly in a position to win the game, but kept shooting themselves in the foot. Forrest may be a bit young this year - not sure - but CA looked much improved to me. Much to the chagrin of Reddevilfever.

Ncs still has some work to do. Lost on a missed extra point and a pick in the red zone with 30 seconds left. Hillwood is not a good team but they are a 6a school with 60, 70 players compared to ncs 30. Should be ok may struggle a bit with ezell next week.

Edited by stman00

Week 1

Cacade at Jo Byrns

Cheatham Co. at East Robertson

Waverly at Houston CO.

Wayne Co. at McEwen

Clarksville Academy at Montgomery Central

Nashville Christian at Ezell-Harding

WHH open

Jo Byrns

East Rob--pure guess as dont know much bout CC

Waverly

Wayne Co--another guess

Mont Central

Ezell

Edited by reddevilfever

Week 1

Cacade at Jo Byrns

Cheatham Co. at East Robertson

Waverly at Houston CO.

Wayne Co. at McEwen

Clarksville Academy at Montgomery Central

Nashville Christian at Ezell-Harding

WHH open

Well yet another "not so good" showing for District 10...

JB had a dominating 35-6 win against Cascade

ER seems to have mailed it in and it's only week 2; lost to CC 48-6(83-6 in 2 games)

Houston Co. keeps racking up numbers in the right hand column falling to Waverly 52-26. They did manage 26 points so that's a positive.

McEwen gets blasted by a very good Wayne Co. team 40-0. Not surprising but you'd hope they could do a little better right?

CA barely falls again...the story of CA the past few years. close but no cigar

And maybe the surprise of the week...NCS over Ezell 21-14! Congrats to the Eagles on their first win of the season.

The District standings are now:

1. JB (1-0)

2. WHH (1-0)

3. NCS (1-1)

4. Houston Co. (0-2)

5. CA (0-2)

6. McEwen (0-2)

7. ER (0-2)

Well yet another "not so good" showing for District 10...

JB had a dominating 35-6 win against Cascade

ER seems to have mailed it in and it's only week 2; lost to CC 48-6(83-6 in 2 games)

Houston Co. keeps racking up numbers in the right hand column falling to Waverly 52-26. They did manage 26 points so that's a positive.

McEwen gets blasted by a very good Wayne Co. team 40-0. Not surprising but you'd hope they could do a little better right?

CA barely falls again...the story of CA the past few years. close but no cigar

And maybe the surprise of the week...NCS over Ezell 21-14! Congrats to the Eagles on their first win of the season.

The District standings are now:

1. JB (1-0)

2. WHH (1-0)

3. NCS (1-1)

4. Houston Co. (0-2)

5. CA (0-2)

6. McEwen (0-2)

7. ER (0-2)

What in the world is going on with ER? Can someone who attended the game give an analysis of what happened? According to some folks on this BB, ER still has a good amount of size and talent. What gives?

What in the world is going on with ER? Can someone who attended the game give an analysis of what happened? According to some folks on this BB, ER still has a good amount of size and talent. What gives?

You got me. I thought the Cheatham Co. game would be somewhat competitive. I suspect their line has size but that's about it. Offensively they've got Hand but not much more. Defense? If their line is getting blown up it makes it harder for everyone else. Looks to be a long year for the Indians. I thought the move to the new District would breathe some life into the program and get more players to come out but that hasn't happened.