Murphy Fair's 1A Top 5

croz6110

Hmmmm... I'm not sold on Huntingdon this year. They lost both of their RB's. Kennon Holder graduated and Brittan Thompson moved from Huntingdon if I remember correctly. Swenson is a great coach, but those 2 losses are huge. I'd put Union City in there before I would Huntingdon easily.

Also, Wayne Co. had a GREAT team last year that played with Union City somewhat. They return their QB as well as several other players. To be honest, if Wayne Co. stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Cookeville.

no, Thompson was kicked off the team for starting a fight with his teammates on the field in the middle of the UC game last year. Huntingdon has looked a little shaky so far this year graduated their two best offensive lineman last year as well as an all region full back and a all state RB. Also learned that the 2 year starting center is out for them. They havent impressed me very much so far this pre-season but maybe they'll get rolling pretty soon

no, Thompson was kicked off the team for starting a fight with his teammates on the field in the middle of the UC game last year. Huntingdon has looked a little shaky so far this year graduated their two best offensive lineman last year as well as an all region full back and a all state RB. Also learned that the 2 year starting center is out for them. They havent impressed me very much so far this pre-season but maybe they'll get rolling pretty soon

I remember seeing that happen. Someone told me he moved schools.

1.Union City (defending state champs)#1 till someone shows me different

2. South Pitt

3. Huntingdon

4. Jo Byrns

5. Collinwood

Those other teams always have seemed to fizzle out toward the end of the year for the past few years.

Wayne County is always ranked high all year and gets beat in the playoffs.

UC and Huntingdon are going to be tough every year in A in the west. They were perennial contenders in AA for years when there were only 3 classes. There tradition and sheer amount of athlete that they usually have make them favorites about every year.

I don't know about the top 5 this year but hopefully Collinwood is one of them.From what I heard Lake Co had a good scrimmage with them losing 1 td to 0.Lake Co was without starting receivers Rafael Tyler and Caleb Bledsoe,because of a basketball camp and lineman Lee Bagget was out because of a family illness and starting tailback Ricky Boyd out with an ankle injury.Not saying Lake co would have won but Raphael Tyler and Ricky Body are Lake Co's main weapons.I was told that Collinwood was impressive.So hopefully Collinwood is that good and hopefully that bodes well for Lake Co also.

I remember seeing that happen. Someone told me he moved schools.

yeah i believe that was actually the rumor. kids didnt see him around school for a few weeks but he came back. turned out he was put in alternative school for other reasons. swenson let the team vote i believe and they decided he was finished. probably the most embarrassed ive ever been as a mustang fan

All I have to say after hearing about the jamboree last night. Even though they were playing Whitwell, when you have someone that can get 2 sacks in a qt then thats telling me that the D is ready. Also with the qb situation when you have a qb that throws 2 td's in a qt on a team that noone expected to pass this season and a wr that catches 2 td's in a qt then that is telling me that the O is ready. Seeing that #4 I LOVE IT. Because when you are #1 you have nowhere to move but down. Being #4 you know that the Fans down here in SP and the PLAYERS have seen that and LOVE IT TOO! So get ready to see #4 quickly be considered #1 :popcorneater:

All I have to say after hearing about the jamboree last night. Even though they were playing Whitwell, when you have someone that can get 2 sacks in a qt then thats telling me that the D is ready. Also with the qb situation when you have a qb that throws 2 td's in a qt on a team that noone expected to pass this season and a wr that catches 2 td's in a qt then that is telling me that the O is ready. Seeing that #4 I LOVE IT. Because when you are #1 you have nowhere to move but down. Being #4 you know that the Fans down here in SP and the PLAYERS have seen that and LOVE IT TOO! So get ready to see #4 quickly be considered #1 :popcorneater:

They're in alphabetical order, not by rank. If you read the whole thread, you'd know that.

Rookie.

• Upvote 1