District 13AA

hawk21

• 1 month later...

Both Haywood and Covington have talent coming back. Ripley's youth will come into play as they graduated many. Westview will again be in the mix and Obion Central will have some new faces as a couple of transfers will hit the hardwood in Troy. Also one of their Big men is scheduled to come back for his senior season after taking a year off .. OC will be much improved from last season's 5 wins .. :thumb:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would agree with that, in no particular order.

District record

1.Westview (13-3) Jacob Lloyd with Garner and Co. back look out they will win this district

2.Haywood (11-5)Commage plus athletes enough said

3.Covington (9-7) Lost alot but they dont rebuild they reload

4.Dyersburg (9-7) Decker dropped over 30 twice last year with young and old talent behind him they will make the region....mark my word not just because im from the burg but this will happen

5.Ripley (8-8) Lost 4 of 5 starters and 8 of top 9 overall players too much youth to be a threat in my eyes

6.Crockett (6-10) Next year they will be a top 5 team in this district

7.Milan (5-11) Lost too much leadership from last year but sheppard can coach so I might have this one off a little but from talent I think this is about right

8.Gibson (3-13) Saw them play in the spring and summer and they did not impress

9.Obion (1-15) Maybe if they get hot and make shots they can upset somebody

Westview has everyone coming back and I think Lloyd is on a mission to make this team special. Haywood could take the title and Covington will be there too. Look out for Dyersburg with Mahaffeys second year and if the youth can come through Ripley and Crockett can make a push. I think that Westview can make a sub-state push and possibly Haywood if they can get hot at the right time. Over-all I say for the second year in a row 14AA takes both sub-state spots but this is at a pre-season glance. The only thing I will guarantee is my Trojans will make region and Ill stand by that until the time comes when they are eliminated from the district tourny.

• 3 weeks later...

District record

1.Westview (13-3) Jacob Lloyd with Garner and Co. back look out they will win this district

2.Haywood (11-5)Commage plus athletes enough said

3.Covington (9-7) Lost alot but they dont rebuild they reload

4.Dyersburg (9-7) Decker dropped over 30 twice last year with young and old talent behind him they will make the region....mark my word not just because im from the burg but this will happen

5.Ripley (8-8) Lost 4 of 5 starters and 8 of top 9 overall players too much youth to be a threat in my eyes

6.Crockett (6-10) Next year they will be a top 5 team in this district

7.Milan (5-11) Lost too much leadership from last year but sheppard can coach so I might have this one off a little but from talent I think this is about right

8.Gibson (3-13) Saw them play in the spring and summer and they did not impress

9.Obion (1-15) Maybe if they get hot and make shots they can upset somebody

Westview has everyone coming back and I think Lloyd is on a mission to make this team special. Haywood could take the title and Covington will be there too. Look out for Dyersburg with Mahaffeys second year and if the youth can come through Ripley and Crockett can make a push. I think that Westview can make a sub-state push and possibly Haywood if they can get hot at the right time. Over-all I say for the second year in a row 14AA takes both sub-state spots but this is at a pre-season glance. The only thing I will guarantee is my Trojans will make region and Ill stand by that until the time comes when they are eliminated from the district tourny.

Based on what I saw last night..didnt see a lot of the Central game but don't look for them to finish last.I did see Crockett co and they're decent but not a top tier team.Dyersburg wasn't that impressive.Really not any size and overall didn't seem as quick as last year.Right now,I'll agree with Westview at the top.

Edited by mrbigster

NO OFFENSE REDBIRD BUT OC IS ONE OF THE WORST HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAMS I HAVE EVER SEEN. GREENBRIER WHO IS DOWN THIS YEAR BEAT THEM 87-28 AND VARSITY ONLY PLAYED ABOUT HALF THE GAME. I RESPECT THAT YOU LIKE YOUR TEAM AND HAVE FAITH BUT OC IS NOT VERY GOOD.

"Much improved" could mean 10 wins...That would be much better than 5 wins...

"Much improved" could mean 10 wins...That would be much better than 5 wins...

Played a very and I mean very athletic Brighton team. Score at end of one13-9 Rebels, half-20-20, the Cardinals came back in the 3rd and ran off 13 unanswered points, Rebels got back with in 3pt. late in the 3rd, Rebels lost by 13, 60-47 and had 28 turnovers. Played 3 Sr. Tanner Noles, Jason Jackson, & Jacquis Williams and 2 JR. LaDevin Fair & Jacob Wade most of the game. Rebels can go at least 5 deep on the bench. To play a team that was as good as Brighton and make 28 turnover, I believe the Rebels will have a winning season in a very tough 13AA district. GOOD LUCK REBELS!!!

In all honesty sherlock, 13AA isn't as tough as you think it is. Outside of Westview and Haywood and the acception of Ripley last year, our district is pretty weak. When it comes Region play, most likely all 4 teams from District 13AA will be done in the first round just like last year. District 14AA is MUCH tougher from top to bottom with alot more athleticism.